+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Peterborough and Sheffield United tied up loan deals pretty quick. I've no idea who/if we'll sign, or when, but am just expressing my view that we have a wonderful opportunity having spent frugally to date [by Premiership/Championship standards], to splash a bit of cash in order to improve our chances of staying up...
    Peterborough and Sheffield United picked up players we didn't want. We're trying to sign Nantes and Nice's best players. There's more than a slight difference. There's a reason so few Premier League sides have made signings, they're not trying to buy misfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Peterborough and Sheffield United picked up players we didn't want. We're trying to sign Nantes and Nice's best players. There's more than a slight difference. There's a reason so few Premier League sides have made signings, they're not trying to buy misfits.
    It’s painful that people can’t understand this.

There are a lot of Charlie Cheswicks on here.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Some confusion here. Did the plane leave for Nantes as reported elsewhere or Nice?
    Oh no surely not , I did see a parachute drop late last night over LLandough, have we checked Howells registrations .

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What makes you think it hasn’t been going on for ages?
    Because nothing's happened.

Why? Do you think otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Because nothing's happened.

Why? Do you think otherwise?
    Yeah obviously it has, it’s been in the papers for months we were after 2 of them.

These things take time, especially when all 3 parties are trying to sort out a deal that works for them.

People also should remember that it's often not in a player's interests to sign for a club early on in the window. They usually want to have a good choice of clubs to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Nope. I thought this transfer window was probably the one big opportunity to secure our Premier League status, especially considering our not-too-hopeless league position. It seems that a lot of people see the transfer window as something to be avoided/feared, which is will bring nothing but bankruptcy and disharmony...
    I'm afraid I think you're being a tad unrealistic. We could spend £40 million this Winter window and end like Fulham have done for the first half the season - going down without much of a fight. The right players are needed (about 4 in my opinion) but even if we don't get those then we still have a fantastic chance of staying up and then the Summer window following will be far more important to securing our position.

The clubs main strength thus far has been positivity around the place and even a disappointing window shouldn't stop that, if we want the best chance of staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'm afraid I think you're being a tad unrealistic. We could spend £40 million this Winter window and end like Fulham have done for the first half the season - going down without much of a fight. The right players are needed (about 4 in my opinion) but even if we don't get those then we still have a fantastic chance of staying up and then the Summer window following will be far more important to securing our position.

The clubs main strength thus far has been positivity around the place and even a disappointing window shouldn't stop that, if we want the best chance of staying up.
    Will we stay up with Patterson as our No 1 striker for the rest of the season ? I'm not advocating spending £40m, not even £20m, but if £10 million could bring in a couple of fresh faces, including a goalscorer - even from the Championship - it will go a long way to improving our chances...

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    3 Points against Huddersfield and something at Newcastle will change all our perspectives....Bit of faith folks.
    Well said
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

It baffles me how pi$$ed off people are getting that we haven't signed a player they hadn't heard of a month ago

If you'd said the words "Emiliano Sala" and "Adrien Tameze" to City fans last month they'd have replied with "Who?", now they're the best players on the planet

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Fee and salary were agreed for Tameze.
    Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Bullshit.
    Piss off jirga

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Of course it's that easy. They've had 6 months to prepare. Whether we like it or not it's a business. I've just spent 6 months preparing a £30M investment because I knew it was required in January. I didn't wait until January an then think that I better start looking at it. The club has improved immeasurably in the last 2 years but this is still an area of weakness and amateurism.

Thanks for "melts", had to Google it.
    Yes, but what would Sky do on deadline day if Cardiff City managed to sign all their new players at the beginning of January? They'd have no live programme to put out from the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Bullshit.
    They were. Whether the wage demands changed after an agreement was made, I don't know. Warnock has been cryptic with the reasons why the deal is no longer going ahead. This much like the Clyne deal was all done pending a medical.

Spending the money on a striker instead!