Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 67

Thread: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

  1. #31

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Some confusion here. Did the plane leave for Nantes as reported elsewhere or Nice?
    It went to Doncaster; picked up Willie McKay. came into Cardiff; picked up Warnock (presumably) and flew to Nantes.

    Stayed in Nantes over night. Due to fly back this morning. (edit - is on it's way back this morning).

  2. #32

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    So the earlier poster made up the Nice reference. We could do without posts like that.

  3. #33

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    That would be my mistake, I meant Nantes

  4. #34

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's January 9th. 15 sides haven't signed anyone, 7 deals have been done by all sides, 2 of these are kids, 1 has gone back on loan. Get a grip.
    Happens every transfer window without fail.

  5. #35

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We should have started this process as soon as the last window was shut. If we don't sign anyone in time for next weekend and we lose to or draw with Huddersfield then the club will have dropped a HUGE bollock.
    You really are a happy, optimistic type of person, who enjoys supporting the City from afar, aren't you. Its only January 9th by the way over here - I didnt realise you were 22 days ahead of us on your side of the pond.

  6. #36

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Happens every transfer window without fail.
    I know I canít believe grown men get in such a state over stuff like this. Especially when this situation happens to every club every season.

    This stuff takes time, it isnít a game of football manager.

  7. #37

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    3 Points against Huddersfield and something at Newcastle will change all our perspectives....Bit of faith folks.

  8. #38

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    I normally stay under my rock & try not to be too controversial on here but I'm going to defend the people told to get a grip.

    If we were playing top 6 teams in our next two games, I'd agree that the end of January would be reasonable.

    However, I disagree because our next 2 games are against two of the worst teams in the division and a genuine opportunity to get 6 points towards the 14~16 that we need. Even NW recognised this and said that he'd hoped to get new recruits in before Gillingham, so that they were bedded in before Huddersfield.

    As it is, we're going to face Huddersfield with the same tired & stale formula that we've used for months now, is predictable and prepared for and which has resulted in a single goal from open play in our last 5 matches.

    Rome is burning & we're fiddling!

  9. #39

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I normally stay under my rock & try not to be too controversial on here but I'm going to defend the people told to get a grip.

    If we were playing top 6 teams in our next two games, I'd agree that the end of January would be reasonable.

    However, I disagree because our next 2 games are against two of the worst teams in the division and a genuine opportunity to get 6 points towards the 14~16 that we need. Even NW recognised this and said that he'd hoped to get new recruits in before Gillingham, so that they were bedded in before Huddersfield.

    As it is, we're going to face Huddersfield with the same tired & stale formula that we've used for months now, is predictable and prepared for and which has resulted in a single goal from open play in our last 5 matches.

    Rome is burning & we're fiddling!
    I agree that if we are going to sign anyone it should be now and not after our two next crucial games have passed.

  10. #40

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Do you not think they know that too? It isnít that easy you bunch of melts

  11. #41

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    As it is, we're going to face Huddersfield with the same tired & stale formula that we've used for months now, is predictable and prepared for and which has resulted in a single goal from open play in our last 5 matches.
    !
    We're going to do that whatever, aren't we? Maybe with slightly better players? It isn't as if they're not trying but something has probably come up, or the club have been overambitious. Let's see, apparently that plane landed at 10:41 in Cardiff, so we might have a new striker in a few hours. I've been critical of the club, and Warnock's signings but they're giving it a go. With our wage budget and position, it's always going to be tough.

  12. #42

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I normally stay under my rock & try not to be too controversial on here but I'm going to defend the people told to get a grip.

    If we were playing top 6 teams in our next two games, I'd agree that the end of January would be reasonable.

    However, I disagree because our next 2 games are against two of the worst teams in the division and a genuine opportunity to get 6 points towards the 14~16 that we need. Even NW recognised this and said that he'd hoped to get new recruits in before Gillingham, so that they were bedded in before Huddersfield.

    As it is, we're going to face Huddersfield with the same tired & stale formula that we've used for months now, is predictable and prepared for and which has resulted in a single goal from open play in our last 5 matches.

    Rome is burning & we're fiddling!
    In an ideal world the transfers would be done; but we're not the only club trying and failing to get things over the line at the moment.

    Huddersfield have a loan in
    Bournemouth have a loan and transfer in
    Chelsea spent £60m on someone.

    Aside from that there's been no business and of them transfers above only 1 of them has come from outside of the UK (which is what seem to be looking at )

    What's the alternative, just get anyone in to appease people?

    It would be ideal to get things done early on of course it would; we could still have 1 if not 2 done before Saturday. Just think the club are getting hit with a stick for things that aren't necessarily their fault.

  13. #43

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Do you not think they know that too? It isn’t that easy you bunch of melts
    Of course it's that easy. They've had 6 months to prepare. Whether we like it or not it's a business. I've just spent 6 months preparing a £30M investment because I knew it was required in January. I didn't wait until January an then think that I better start looking at it. The club has improved immeasurably in the last 2 years but this is still an area of weakness and amateurism.

    Thanks for "melts", had to Google it.

  14. #44

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post

    It would be ideal to get things done early on of course it would; we could still have 1 if not 2 done before Saturday. Just think the club are getting hit with a stick for things that aren't necessarily their fault.
    Dan, the discontent is because we haven't learnt anything from the summer. It doesn't help that everything is now being played out in the media (& on forums) so speculation suddenly converts to rumour to fact. As I've said elsewhere in this thread it's one of the few weaknesses / amateurism that the club has failed to address at the same rate as other improvements / professionalism.

    There's a massive opportunity to maintain PL status.

  15. #45

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Of course it's that easy. They've had 6 months to prepare. Whether we like it or not it's a business. I've just spent 6 months preparing a £30M investment because I knew it was required in January. I didn't wait until January an then think that I better start looking at it. The club has improved immeasurably in the last 2 years but this is still an area of weakness and amateurism.

    Thanks for "melts", had to Google it.
    I live in Leeds, and they're pretty switched on. They agreed a deal to sign Vydra all summer, he turned up once they'd agreed the fee, was a formality, and then he said he wanted 50k a week instead. The PL have offered a job to Susanna Dinnage, and then months down the line she said no. You're dealing with human beings, who in our case are moving to a foreign country, where they don't speak the language and don't know the game. It might have been all fun and games until they've gone to complete and sign the contract and got cold feet. Who knows?

  16. #46

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Dan, the discontent is because we haven't learnt anything from the summer. It doesn't help that everything is now being played out in the media (& on forums) so speculation suddenly converts to rumour to fact. As I've said elsewhere in this thread it's one of the few weaknesses / amateurism that the club has failed to address at the same rate as other improvements / professionalism.

    There's a massive opportunity to maintain PL status.
    I agree it's a massive opportunity; but at the same time the point stands. How do you force an issue without chucking cash at it. That's a road we've been down before. There's of course a balancing act and spending that little bit more to give us a chance; has to be seen as a wise investment; but that has to have a limit too. If clubs/agents/players know that they can make a few more ££ by holding tight we can't force anyone to agree to anything.

    Agree with the media stuff; but look through twitter it's rife; from Bournemouth to Newcastle. The higher up the leagues the more people seem to be involved and the more click-bait articles that are being raised.

  17. #47

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    I agree it's a massive opportunity; but at the same time the point stands. How do you force an issue without chucking cash at it. That's a road we've been down before. There's of course a balancing act and spending that little bit more to give us a chance; has to be seen as a wise investment; but that has to have a limit too. If clubs/agents/players know that they can make a few more ££ by holding tight we can't force anyone to agree to anything.

    Agree with the media stuff; but look through twitter it's rife; from Bournemouth to Newcastle. The higher up the leagues the more people seem to be involved and the more click-bait articles that are being raised.
    If it's true that the biggest wage at the club is 30 thousand a week (as I've seen claimed), then I would say that it's well nigh impossible for us to stay up given the market that limits us to (I accept there are plenty of players at other Premier League clubs who would be well out of our range, but I reckon we'd struggle to get the best from the Championship to come here with a pay structure like that).

    I always say we shouldn't forget the debt to equity conversion by Vincent Tan this summer, but it seems to me that there is almost a feeling that relegation would not be a disaster coming from the club. While I can understand that to an extent, I agree with Des on two counts - first, we are more than halfway through the season and have given ourselves a great chance of staying up and second our next two games could be absolutely vital - a huge opportunity could be wasted if any new players we bring are limited to the usual mad scramble in the couple of days before the window closes.

    We messed up in the summer by not getting a target man type striker and by missing out on a specialist right back that our manager trusts to do a good job in that position in the Premier League and it's a minor miracle that we don't find ourselves in a lot worse position as a result.

    Contrast last January, this summer and this January so far with the summer of 2017 when we got in some very important contributors to our promotion early in the window - I appreciate it's hard, but it can be done.

  18. #48

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's January 9th. 15 sides haven't signed anyone, 7 deals have been done by all sides, 2 of these are kids, 1 has gone back on loan. Get a grip.
    Peterborough and Sheffield United tied up loan deals pretty quick. I've no idea who/if we'll sign, or when, but am just expressing my view that we have a wonderful opportunity having spent frugally to date [by Premiership/Championship standards], to splash a bit of cash in order to improve our chances of staying up...

  19. #49

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Of course it's that easy. They've had 6 months to prepare. Whether we like it or not it's a business. I've just spent 6 months preparing a £30M investment because I knew it was required in January. I didn't wait until January an then think that I better start looking at it. The club has improved immeasurably in the last 2 years but this is still an area of weakness and amateurism.

    Thanks for "melts", had to Google it.
    Youíre chatting absolute rubbish though, obviously theyíve been looking for months, the links to 2 of these players were in papers way before Christmas.

    Unfortunately it isnít like going into a shop and buying something there has to be agreements between both clubs and the player and agent.

    City would ideally wanted to have this sorted on the 1st but I imagine the selling club and player will not because a better offer may come along.

    Youíre looking at it too simplistically.

  20. #50

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Peterborough and Sheffield United tied up loan deals pretty quick. I've no idea who/if we'll sign, or when, but am just expressing my view that we have a wonderful opportunity having spent frugally to date [by Premiership/Championship standards], to splash a bit of cash in order to improve our chances of staying up...
    Because we were obviously desperate to get rid and the players desperate to go. Every situation isnít like that.

    Iíll be the first to criticise the club. But every other club is doing the same thing. 5 out of 20 premier league sides have managed to make transfer and not even all of those are signed to play in the first team immediately.

  21. #51

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Peterborough and Sheffield United tied up loan deals pretty quick. I've no idea who/if we'll sign, or when, but am just expressing my view that we have a wonderful opportunity having spent frugally to date [by Premiership/Championship standards], to splash a bit of cash in order to improve our chances of staying up...
    Peterborough and Sheffield United picked up players we didn't want. We're trying to sign Nantes and Nice's best players. There's more than a slight difference. There's a reason so few Premier League sides have made signings, they're not trying to buy misfits.

  22. #52

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Peterborough and Sheffield United picked up players we didn't want. We're trying to sign Nantes and Nice's best players. There's more than a slight difference. There's a reason so few Premier League sides have made signings, they're not trying to buy misfits.
    Itís painful that people canít understand this.

  23. #53

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    There are a lot of Charlie Cheswicks on here.....


  24. #54

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Some confusion here. Did the plane leave for Nantes as reported elsewhere or Nice?
    Oh no surely not , I did see a parachute drop late last night over LLandough, have we checked Howells registrations .

  25. #55

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What makes you think it hasnít been going on for ages?
    Because nothing's happened.

    Why? Do you think otherwise?

  26. #56

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Because nothing's happened.

    Why? Do you think otherwise?
    Yeah obviously it has, itís been in the papers for months we were after 2 of them.

    These things take time, especially when all 3 parties are trying to sort out a deal that works for them.

  27. #57

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    People also should remember that it's often not in a player's interests to sign for a club early on in the window. They usually want to have a good choice of clubs to consider.

  28. #58

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Nope. I thought this transfer window was probably the one big opportunity to secure our Premier League status, especially considering our not-too-hopeless league position. It seems that a lot of people see the transfer window as something to be avoided/feared, which is will bring nothing but bankruptcy and disharmony...
    I'm afraid I think you're being a tad unrealistic. We could spend £40 million this Winter window and end like Fulham have done for the first half the season - going down without much of a fight. The right players are needed (about 4 in my opinion) but even if we don't get those then we still have a fantastic chance of staying up and then the Summer window following will be far more important to securing our position.

    The clubs main strength thus far has been positivity around the place and even a disappointing window shouldn't stop that, if we want the best chance of staying up.

  29. #59

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'm afraid I think you're being a tad unrealistic. We could spend £40 million this Winter window and end like Fulham have done for the first half the season - going down without much of a fight. The right players are needed (about 4 in my opinion) but even if we don't get those then we still have a fantastic chance of staying up and then the Summer window following will be far more important to securing our position.

    The clubs main strength thus far has been positivity around the place and even a disappointing window shouldn't stop that, if we want the best chance of staying up.
    Will we stay up with Patterson as our No 1 striker for the rest of the season ? I'm not advocating spending £40m, not even £20m, but if £10 million could bring in a couple of fresh faces, including a goalscorer - even from the Championship - it will go a long way to improving our chances...

  30. #60

    Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    3 Points against Huddersfield and something at Newcastle will change all our perspectives....Bit of faith folks.
    Well said
    Spedger

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •