+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

Do you not think they know that too? It isn’t that easy you bunch of melts

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Do you not think they know that too? It isn’t that easy you bunch of melts
    Of course it's that easy. They've had 6 months to prepare. Whether we like it or not it's a business. I've just spent 6 months preparing a £30M investment because I knew it was required in January. I didn't wait until January an then think that I better start looking at it. The club has improved immeasurably in the last 2 years but this is still an area of weakness and amateurism.

Thanks for "melts", had to Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Of course it's that easy. They've had 6 months to prepare. Whether we like it or not it's a business. I've just spent 6 months preparing a £30M investment because I knew it was required in January. I didn't wait until January an then think that I better start looking at it. The club has improved immeasurably in the last 2 years but this is still an area of weakness and amateurism.

I live in Leeds, and they're pretty switched on. They agreed a deal to sign Vydra all summer, he turned up once they'd agreed the fee, was a formality, and then he said he wanted 50k a week instead. The PL have offered a job to Susanna Dinnage, and then months down the line she said no. You're dealing with human beings, who in our case are moving to a foreign country, where they don't speak the language and don't know the game. It might have been all fun and games until they've gone to complete and sign the contract and got cold feet. Who knows?

Yes, but what would Sky do on deadline day if Cardiff City managed to sign all their new players at the beginning of January? They'd have no live programme to put out from the CCS.

You’re chatting absolute rubbish though, obviously they’ve been looking for months, the links to 2 of these players were in papers way before Christmas.

Unfortunately it isn’t like going into a shop and buying something there has to be agreements between both clubs and the player and agent.

City would ideally wanted to have this sorted on the 1st but I imagine the selling club and player will not because a better offer may come along.

You’re looking at it too simplistically.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Peterborough and Sheffield United tied up loan deals pretty quick. I've no idea who/if we'll sign, or when, but am just expressing my view that we have a wonderful opportunity having spent frugally to date [by Premiership/Championship standards], to splash a bit of cash in order to improve our chances of staying up...
    Because we were obviously desperate to get rid and the players desperate to go. Every situation isn’t like that.

I’ll be the first to criticise the club. But every other club is doing the same thing. 5 out of 20 premier league sides have managed to make transfer and not even all of those are signed to play in the first team immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Peterborough and Sheffield United picked up players we didn't want. We're trying to sign Nantes and Nice's best players. There's more than a slight difference. There's a reason so few Premier League sides have made signings, they're not trying to buy misfits.
    It’s painful that people can’t understand this.

There are a lot of Charlie Cheswicks on here.....

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Because nothing's happened.

Why? Do you think otherwise?
    Yeah obviously it has, it’s been in the papers for months we were after 2 of them.

These things take time, especially when all 3 parties are trying to sort out a deal that works for them.

People also should remember that it's often not in a player's interests to sign for a club early on in the window. They usually want to have a good choice of clubs to consider.

It baffles me how pi$$ed off people are getting that we haven't signed a player they hadn't heard of a month ago

If you'd said the words "Emiliano Sala" and "Adrien Tameze" to City fans last month they'd have replied with "Who?", now they're the best players on the planet

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Bullshit.
    Piss off jirga