+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Christian Doidge

Christian Doidge

Just been reading the farce of his move to Bolton and back to FGR.

Can't help but think he'd wouldn't be a terrible signing for £1m. Still only 26, scores goals, good in the air, cheap wages.

Can't be any worse than Madine was as back up.

Re: Christian Doidge

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Just been reading the farce of his move to Bolton and back to FGR.

Can't help but think he'd wouldn't be a terrible signing for £1m. Still only 26, scores goals, good in the air, cheap wages.

Can't be any worse than Madine was as back up.
    He can't play for more than 2 clubs in a season, so it's a no go.

Also, he got 1 in 17 at Bolton. I'm all for signing lower league players but they've got to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Also, he got 1 in 17 at Bolton. I'm all for signing lower league players but they've got to be good.
    Has he played for Forest Green this season?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yep he has indeed played for them just checked. I'm not sure his 1 in 17 is too fair a reflection on his ability as Bolton are a shambles and his entire time was marred by not being paid / knowing what his future held.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Yep he has indeed played for them just checked. I'm not sure his 1 in 17 is too fair a reflection on his ability as Bolton are a shambles and his entire time was marred by not being paid / knowing what his future held.
    And filling the huge void left by Gary Madine Goal Machine 👍

Ex Barry town striker. Carmarthen I think as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Hasn't set the world on fire but a little unfair to decide he's not good based on 3/4 months following step up of two leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Hasn't set the world on fire but a little unfair to decide he's not good based on 3/4 months following step up of two leagues.
    True, but if we all think Madine was out of his depth, and he easily outperformed Doidge for Bolton, why Doidge would even be a consideration is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    True, but if we all think Madine was out of his depth, and he easily outperformed Doidge for Bolton, why Doidge would even be a consideration is beyond me.
    Jumping up three leagues when you haven't done it in the championship would be ridiculous. My hope is that another championship team gives him a shot even if that is next year, but he's not right for us this window. It would be a huge shock.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If he wasn't welsh, he wouldn't be mentioned. He's struggled at Bolton, if we really want to kick on then he isn't the answer.