+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible record for City fans at stadium on Saturday?

Possible record for City fans at stadium on Saturday?

Huddersfield only requested 2250 tickets for Sat, so City have been selling 117/118 and block 118, which is normally segregation.

There’s only a handful left in that block now.
    Also the Upper Ninian is now virtually sold out , with most of the middle tier gone too.

Don’t know if any tickets are being held back elsewhere, but there’s virtually nothing left elsewhere.

Unless I’m missing something there will be at least 30000 tickets sold for the home end ( no doubt a few won’t turn up).

Is this a record for the ground for City, as although we’ve had bigger gates they have been boosted by 3000+ away fans ?

Re: Possible record for City fans at stadium on Saturday?

Does that mean that the whole of the Ninian Stand will be open?

Massive, massive game for both clubs, even at this stage of the season, if we can get the win you really would think that it’s curtains for Huddersfield and one drop
    spot already filled. Fans have a big part to
    play as I’m sure we will.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Massive, massive game for both clubs, even at this stage of the season, if we can get the win you really would think that it’s curtains for Huddersfield and one drop
    Big game. Could easily be like Brighton where result is decided in the last 10 minutes so supporters will have to stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    One definitely gets the feeling that it's make or break for HT.
    We've had one or two massive massive games already and will no doubt have more than one or two to come.

So far we've done pretty well and the fans have had a big say in them

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    One definitely gets the feeling that it's make or break for HT.
    We've had one or two massive massive games already and will no doubt have more than one or two to come.

So far we've done pretty well and the fans have had a big say
    Had a look at their board and they are pretty miserable.

Didn’t seem that keen on coming here either.

However most seem to think they have a better squad than us and can beat us, they nearly all think if they don’t win on Saturday they are pretty much doomed.

Could be an end to end game as a draw isn’t much good for either side

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Does that mean that the whole of the Ninian Stand will be open?
    Yes.

It’s all open. There may still be seats in the middle tier held back, but there can’t be many. I’ve watched the Upper Tier fill up block by block in the last few weeks, so I’d be surprised if there’s any significant number left.

I’m really looking forward to it. We’ve had some good battles at home against all but the top handful of sides

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Yes.

It’s all open. There may still be seats in the middle tier held back, but there can’t be many. I’ve watched the Upper Tier fill up block by block in the last few weeks, so I’d be surprised if there’s any significant number left.

I’m really looking forward to it. We’ve had some good battles at home against all but the top handful of sides
    Nice. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

Apparently there is another block of the Family Stand on sale, which was normally handed over to away fans.

There are still tickets available for that which wouldn’t be sold online

However most seem to think they have a better squad than us and can beat us, they nearly all think if they don’t win on Saturday they are pretty much doomed.

I feel the same about us.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I feel the same about us.
    We're probably down if we lose but we still have a chance. They're gone if they don't win.

We have already had an attendance of 33082 this season!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post

Link to their message board !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post

idiot

Half of Block 119, which is normally away fans has just gone on sale.
    Doesn’t look like they have even sold the 2200 allocation they were given.

Virtually down to the last dozen or so in the rest of the ground, apart from the Family Stand where another block was put on sale where Huddersfield took the reduced allocation

Probably the low take-up in the Grandstand corners will reduce the amount of City fans at the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Probably the low take-up in the Grandstand corners will reduce the amount of City fans at the game....
    They are sold out apart from maybe 4-5 seats

They are sold out apart from maybe 4-5 seats
    Was thinking upper Grandstand Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Was thinking upper Grandstand Tim
    Right.
    No idea on that, although it’s been pretty full so far this season

Unless I’m missing something there will be at least 30000 tickets sold for the home end
    So what's the story here, Tim? Is it simply that the eTicketing system somehow paints an inaccurate picture of tickets sold?

I've seen you and others make claims about attendances this season based on eTicketing that have later proved to be wide of the mark, but I don't have any access to the system so I don't know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So what's the story here, Tim? Is it simply that the eTicketing system somehow paints an inaccurate picture of tickets sold?

I've seen you and others make claims about attendances this season based on eTicketing that have later proved to be wide of the mark, but I don't have any access to the system so I don't know how it works.
    I don’t have any insider information on this, but this is how I’d work it out.

Crowd was 30750.

Taking away what 7-800 Huddersfield fans then that’s about 30000 home fans.
    That’s what I claimed and I wasn’t far out.

I actually expected a lot more away fans ( they were given 2250 tickets- although I was aware they had sent some back- I still thought they’d bring 1200-1500) and a few hundred more home fans. My prediction ( which is elsewhere- not on here) was about 1000 out

After segregation our capacity yesterday maybe 32500, possibly more as the amount of segregation has varied .

So 1750 empty spaces, 6-800 in the away end, with a few hundred more in level 4, 300 ish in 119 which was the block we had back off and several hundred in the block of the Family Stand which was put on sale, plus potentially other empty seats in the Family Stand.

Level 4 and the Family Stand don’t get put on eticketing.

I don’t think there were many more tickets which could have gone up on eticketing, although there may be a few dozen in each stand kept for match day.

The rest of the ground seemed full ( allowing for the usual non attendance of season ticket holders)

The very thought of having 30000 home fans for a game against Huddersfield would have been laughed at a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Lots of spare seats on wings in Grandstand upper and the away end, and there could not have been more than 700 Huddersfield fans. id guess 1300 spare of 2000?
    It was mentioned there was going to be an extra block available in the family stand, did not seem to be to me.
    Crowd seemed correct given the number of empty seats in the Huddersfield end and our upper grandstand.

All pointless really, we play like that again and it will need to be buy 1 get 3 free.

Our support was great again yesterday.

Awful turn out from Huddersfield.

I don’t have any insider information on this, but this is how I’d work it out.

Crowd was 30750.

Taking away what 7-800 Huddersfield fans then that’s about 30000 home fans.
    That’s what I claimed and I wasn’t far out.

I actually expected a lot more away fans ( they were given 2250 tickets- although I was aware they had sent some back- I still thought they’d bring 1200-1500) and a few hundred more home fans. My prediction ( which is elsewhere- not on here) was about 1000 out

After segregation our capacity yesterday maybe 32500, possibly more as the amount of segregation has varied .

So 1750 empty spaces, 6-800 in the away end, with a few hundred more in level 4, 300 ish in 119 which was the block we had back off and several hundred in the block of the Family Stand which was put on sale, plus potentially other empty seats in the Family Stand.

Level 4 and the Family Stand don’t get put on eticketing.

I don’t think there were many more tickets which could have gone up on eticketing, although there may be a few dozen in each stand kept for match day.

The rest of the ground seemed full ( allowing for the usual non attendance of season ticket holders)

The very thought of having 30000 home fans for a game against Huddersfield would have been laughed at a few years ago
    That would be ironic if we had the most home fans in like forever, and we perform like that to them. So Cardiff City. Still, we used to get dicked in big 8000 crowds by the likes of Maidstone