+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible record for City fans at stadium on Saturday?

Re: Possible record for City fans at stadium on Saturday?

The empty seat in front of me won a Pizza!

If i remember rightly that 8000 v Maidstone was about double our normal attendance. Wasnt there a big media campaign or something. Then we get slammed.

Thinks aint all bad but yesterday was bad by todays standards. Plus those wanting us to spend should look at our bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If i remember rightly that 8000 v Maidstone was about double our normal attendance. Wasnt there a big media campaign or something. Then we get slammed.

Thinks aint all bad but yesterday was bad by todays standards. Plus those wanting us to spend should look at our bench.
    Opening of the new family stand. Lower grandstand. Kids free- i think a voucher from the echo was needed maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Lots of spare seats on wings in Grandstand upper and the away end, and there could not have been more than 700 Huddersfield fans. id guess 1300 spare of 2000?
    It was mentioned there was going to be an extra block available in the family stand, did not seem to be to me.
    Crowd seemed correct given the number of empty seats in the Huddersfield end and our upper grandstand.

All pointless really, we play like that again and it will need to be buy 1 get 3 free.
    Ref Family Stand ...A mate told me, said he’d got tickets on there.
    Think it turned out to be a ‘part block’. The area in the Family Stand nearest the away fans did appear to be only half full.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    All pointless really, we play like that again and it will need to be buy 1 get 3 free.
    It's almost as if we'd expected to be that bad yesterday and the only way to get a crowd for Bournemouth would be to give them away

That said, although I am not expecting a victory next week, we simply cannot play as poorly as yesterday again.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It's almost as if we'd expected to be that bad yesterday and the only way to get a crowd for Bournemouth would be to give them away

That said, although I am not expecting a victory next week, we simply cannot play as poorly as yesterday again.
    I said pre Huddersfield that I was more confident about the Newcastle game. Hopefully I will be proven right.