+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has Lee Mason no self respect?

Has Lee Mason no self respect?

After reversing his penalty decision (thanks!) he's bullied for minutes by several Hudders players in plain sight of 30,000 fans - and just takes it..........

Re: Has Lee Mason no self respect?

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    After reversing his penalty decision (thanks!) he's bullied for minutes by several Hudders players in plain sight of 30,000 fans - and just takes it..........
    The worst ref i have ever seen.

As I said in another post, City were dreadful but his refereeing performance was one of the worst I’ve seen in a while.

He saw a blatant dive by Puncheon yet didn’t book him, gave fouls for both teams when players just fell to the floor, missed the foul on Hoilett for a pen, probably shouldn’t have reversed his decision for their pen.

What typified his performance was when he stopped play for a head injury and we had possession. To restart the game he dropped the ball back to their keeper - one of many baffling decisions.

God I would not want his job in any shape or form, knowing someone will hate or dislike you , today I thought he was poor.

Just Imagine going to work every day knowing someone will hate you, or disagree with you on a split decision, most of us struggle with choosing the right sandwiches to buy ?

I usually avoid criticising refs as it happens too often, but.... I could have sat in my car a mile from the ground with the windows down and blown a whistle when the urge took me and still got more decisions right than he did. During the second half I had to start laughing at how bad he got.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    God I would not want his job in any shape or form, knowing someone will hate or dislike you , today I thought he was poor.

Just Imagine going to work every day knowing someone will hate you, or disagree with you on a split decision, most of us struggle with choosing the right sandwiches to buy ?
    I struggle to see what is happening on the opposite side of the pitch sometimes! I can't understand why VAR is being brought in before 2 extra line-officials.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I usually avoid criticising refs as it happens too often, but.... I could have sat in my car a mile from the ground with the windows down and blown a whistle when the urge took me and still got more decisions right than he did. During the second half I had to start laughing at how bad he got.
    I was laughing ten minutes in

Guy fell over in the car park after the game & the ref gave a free-kick to Huddersfield

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Guy fell over in the car park after the game & the ref gave a free-kick to Huddersfield

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    He lost the plot today ,but to be fair he listened to the linesman and he was big enough to accept his mistake, takes a big man to do that. (I've never see that happen before in a penalty situation )

Biggest issue today wasn't the referee it was our very poor performance .

Yes it was a poor preformance but when you have the ref against you

He lost the plot today ,but to be fair he listened to the linesman and he was big enough to accept his mistake, takes a big man to do that. (I've never see that happen before in a penalty situation )

Biggest issue today wasn't the referee it was our very poor performance .
    Agreed. Mason was bad today, but most of our team, and our manager, were, arguably, worse at their jobs today than he was at his.

Quite simply the worst refereeing performance I have seen since Rudi Glockner Wales v Yugoslavia at Ninian Park.
    A absolute baffling array of wrong decions mostly against us but some for them as well. Two of his decisions were overturned by linesmen. The head injury one he complete ignored the rules of the game by throwing the ball to their keeper.
    Laughable booking on Hoillet, that Huddersfield player who was booked in the first half went on to make at least another 4 bookable offences. I could go on and on.
    ****ing shocking ****.

Well that's part of the job and clearly he's not up to it... so when you are pretty inept at your job you will of course attract negative attention for your poor performances. However, it is the Leagues fault I guess, not his, for continuing to allow him to referee in the EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    Quite simply the worst refereeing performance I have seen since Rudi Glockner Wales v Yugoslavia at Ninian Park.
    A absolute baffling array of wrong decions mostly against us but some for them as well. Two of his decisions were overturned by linesmen. The head injury one he complete ignored the rules of the game by throwing the ball to their keeper.
    Laughable booking on Hoillet, that Huddersfield player who was booked in the first half went on to make at least another 4 bookable offences. I could go on and on.
    ****ing shocking ****.
    He started poorly and go worse as the game went on.

Making NML wait on the sidelines after he was fouled was also a breach of rules. If a player is fouled and the opposition player booked, and the recipient can continue, he must be allowed to remain on the pitch for the subsequent free kick. We were a man short for the free kick and at a disadvantage hence the rules allowing us to take the free kick with our full compliment of players.

Giving the ball to their keeper while he stopped play while we were in possession - again he is not applying the rules.

Even for their pen, he was so quick to give it without discussing it with the Linesman. But then change his mind after giving it stinks of incompetence.

All through the game though he was getting even the smallest things wrong, throw-ins and fouls.

Just awful.