+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pilkington Leaves

Pilkington Leaves

Mutual agreement, except we've met the gap in his wages for the last 6 months before he signs for Wigan later today

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ngton-departs/

Re: Pilkington Leaves

I like Pilkington. He’ll be an asset wherever he goes.
    Will never forget that goal against Sheff Utd last season and the winner against Bristol City the season before.

Good luck to him - he did a good job for us over four and a half years and always seemed to have the right attitude (apart from maybe not moving on to play in the summer).

What Paterson is doing for Warnock, Pilks did for Slade.

I remember a few interviews where his team mates described him as the most technically gifted player (and two footed) in the club.

Baffled by him being left in the cold personally.

Thought he would be a match day squad regular

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Baffled by him being left in the cold personally.

Thought he would be a match day squad regular
    The only reason I can think of as to why Neil Warnock didn't seem to rate him was that he thought he lacked pace for the position he played in.

Best of luck to him at his new club.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good luck to him - he did a good job for us over four and a half years and always seemed to have the right attitude (apart from maybe not moving on to play in the summer).

I remember a few interviews where his team mates described him as the most technically gifted player (and two footed) in the club.
    His top 5 goals, the two at the end are great strikes with either foot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVKNZLNTJfw

Certainly, he was a good player. As TOBW said, Warnock said he wasn't quick enough to play wide for him, or physical enough to play up front. He saved our bacon that Slade season, chipped in with a lot of goals and took on a lot of responsibility.

Shame he's gone but as they say "if your face don't fit..."
    Great attitude since Warnock joined though and was fit and ready when called upon last season.

Best of luck Pilks

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I like Pilkington. He’ll be an asset wherever he goes.
    Will never forget that goal against Sheff Utd last season and the winner against Bristol City the season before.
    Agree with that - he scored a couple of bangers for us, always gave it everything, and was seemingly ready for anything (when he wasn't injured of course)

I can't help feeling that we should have got rid of him sooner though, as it never really felt like he was in the club's long term plans (if they have any!)

Still, good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    His top 5 goals, the two at the end are great strikes with either foot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVKNZLNTJfw

Certainly, he was a good player. As TOBW said, Warnock said he wasn't quick enough to play wide for him, or physical enough to play up front. He saved our bacon that Slade season, chipped in with a lot of goals and took on a lot of responsibility.
    I just watched the first two goals - I had completely forgotten about Tony Watt

He looked quite a player (admittedly in a 5 second clip for the second goal!)

Mutual agreement, except we've met the gap in his wages for the last 6 months before he signs for Wigan later today

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ngton-departs/
    Been good for us. All my very warmest wishes.

Best of luck at Wigan, Pilks. Thank you for all you have done for the Bluebirds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Our move fell through when he failed a medical. He recently called Slade the best manager he's worked under for dealing with his personal problems.

Anyone with an ounce of skill or pace in Slade’s teams were easily standout players.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Cant say much more as you've said , real footy ,back in the day he was a big prospect as a youth player on Utd books at the time , big thanks Pilks , top lad .

Our move fell through when he failed a medical. He recently called Slade the best manager he's worked under for dealing with his personal problems.
    Fair play to Slade then.

I always thought that he was useless, but I'll give him credit for that.

Fair play to Slade then.

I always thought that he was useless, but I'll give him credit for that.
    https://twitter.com/Tony_Watt7/statu...74677008121857
    "Hope Griffiths gets all the help he needs. Amazing management from Rodgers. Had a lot of help in the past if I ever struggled. Russel Slade being probably the best. Saved my career. Health is most important and your brain is a dangerous thing! He’ll come back even stronger".

Not the best manager but a decent bloke by all accounts.

good luck to him, always gave his all

Pilks credited with assist for the first goal against villa