+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Case for Jordon Mutch...?

Case for Jordon Mutch...?

Someone must be making a decent living from this speculation game in which features proposing this team or that should / must grab this player or that one ahead of some other team:-

https://soccersouls.com/2019/01/11/c...rilliant-step/

On this occasion, though, the proposition that Cardiff could do worse than to re-acquire the services of Jordon Mutch has something about, I think, if you consider our current predicament in which mo-one of any repute seems to want to join 'a struggling team' and risk dropping back into the Championship.

Mutch has his limitations plus a dodgy fitness record and hasn't been playing competitively of late. But on the other hand we know what he's capable of, he knows the City and the club, shouldn't take long to get up to speed and it seems there's no fee involved.

In the current circumstances I wouldn't see it as the stupidest idea.

Re: Case for Jordon Mutch...?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Someone must be making a decent living from this speculation game in which features proposing this team or that should / must grab this player or that one ahead of some other team:-

https://soccersouls.com/2019/01/11/c...rilliant-step/

On this occasion, though, the proposition that Cardiff could do worse than to re-acquire the services of Jordon Mutch has something about, I think, if you consider our current predicament in which mo-one of any repute seems to want to join 'a struggling team' and risk dropping back into the Championship.

Mutch has his limitations plus a dodgy fitness record and hasn't been playing competitively of late. But on the other hand we know what he's capable of, he knows the City and the club, shouldn't take long to get up to speed and it seems there's no fee involved.

In the current circumstances I wouldn't see it as the stupidest idea.

Not for me!

Football is all about the "here & now". He's a player, who, even when supposedly at the peak of his career, spent more time on the treatment bench.. I doubt whether things have got any better on that front.

In football they say.. never go back - whilst there are certain palyers you'd love to see return, Jordan Mutch isn't one of them.

He couldn’t wait to get out of here last time. Rather sit 5 years on a bench, than help his team get back up. 200% not the footballer he used to be, and he wasn’t that good to begin with.

No thanks. Desperation measures if linked to him

Can he play right back?

What justification is there to say that he is better than we have (the criteria Neil Warnock says we apply to any potential new signing)? He's gone backwards since he left us and couldn't get in the Reading side in the Championship when he was loaned to them a couple of seasons ago - I was a fan of his while he was here, but his time has gone now.

Suit case?