+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Back watching Cardiff

Back watching Cardiff

I met my husband 20 years ago in London. He was from Penarth and was a big Cardiff City fan. He used to take me to all the games in and near London and we used to go back to his family home to watch the occasional home game. He died ten years ago and since then I have felt unable to watch a football game, despite many requests from his family (who I am still very close to.) But I relented in December when his brother and sister told me that they were going to Watford and had a spare ticket. I had a fantastic day (despite the result) and met so many funny, friendly people who gave me a very warm welcome (despite my English accent). I was then offered a ticket for the home game against Man United and stayed with my husband’s family for the weekend. Had an even warmer welcome and met many more people and had another fantastic time (again, despite the result) and gained the nickname ‘Wiggy’. I really want to see more games but I fear my presence seems to bring bad luck on the team. At least I didn’t go to Gillingham, which isn’t too far from me.

Re: Back watching Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Wiggy View Post
    I met my husband 20 years ago in London. He was from Penarth and was a big Cardiff City fan. He used to take me to all the games in and near London and we used to go back to his family home to watch the occasional home game. He died ten years ago and since then I have felt unable to watch a football game, despite many requests from his family (who I am still very close to.) But I relented in December when his brother and sister told me that they were going to Watford and had a spare ticket. I had a fantastic day (despite the result) and met so many funny, friendly people who gave me a very warm welcome (despite my English accent). I was then offered a ticket for the home game against Man United and stayed with my husband’s family for the weekend. Had an even warmer welcome and met many more people and had another fantastic time (again, despite the result) and gained the nickname ‘Wiggy’. I really want to see more games but I fear my presence seems to bring bad luck on the team. At least I didn’t go to Gillingham, which isn’t too far from me.
    I can safely say that your presence at a game has no bearing whatsoever on the result. You are welcome to the fold and feel free to fill your boots at either the CCS or at away games

Thank you. I look forward to more games. I did once see Cardiff beat QPR in a play-off final so I can't be all bad luck.

So sorry about your husbands passing, but glad to see you have a wonderful family behind you .

I know how you feel about the defeats, but we all (mostly), feel it’s our fault, by wearing the wrong socks,undies, shirt,jumper whatever.

You come and watch the BLUEBIRDS my darling and if we win, we win, if we lose we lose.

Just enjoy the ride, on the “BIG DIPPER” which is Cardiff City.

There are usually 20 odd thousand fans thinking the same

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    So sorry about your husbands passing, but glad to see you have a wonderful family behind you .

I know how you feel about the defeats, but we all (mostly), feel it’s our fault, by wearing the wrong socks,undies, shirt,jumper whatever.

You come and watch the BLUEBIRDS my darling and if we win, we win, if we lose we lose.

My husband always used to joke about his team being called Cardiff City Nil but at least they've scored in the two games I've watched. The atmosphere has still been great especially the gallows humour of Cardiff fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    There are usually 20 odd thousand fans thinking the same

I love that laughing emoji. It's much cheekier than the one on Facebook.

Sorry for your loss. Welcome back.

helen back

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    helen back
    Hahaha

I wouldn’t take those losses personally, in fact, we’ve all seen us lose more often than we’ve seen us win this season. It makes those victories even sweeter and I’m sure you’ll taste that as well this season!
    Sit back, enjoy the ride and more importantly, welcome back.

Lovely to have you back supporting City Helen

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Lovely to have you back supporting City Helen

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Is sit Baker ?..

Thank you everyone. I was invited to tomorrow's match but that's one that I don't think we can lose so I'll stay away. x

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Is sit Baker ?..
    Feels very much like our friend Baker.

Have you received any DM's from Sludge yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

(I like that emoji too)

A few weird messages that I don't understand but thanks to the normal people who've sent me nice messages. x

A few weird messages that I don't understand but thanks to the normal people who've sent me nice messages. x
    I can't believe you didn't get a "**** off Baker" yet. Don't worry if you do, it means you've been accepted.

Helen it's great to welcome a lady onto the forum , its just what we need .

I'm sure you late husband is smiling down upon you, and your return .

Don't get upset by the loops

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Helen it's great to welcome a lady onto the forum , its just what we need .

I'm sure you late husband is smiling down upon you, and your return .

Don't get upset by the loops
    Unfortunately, I don't believe my husband is looking down on me. He's now a box of ashes in Mortlake Crematorium. But his spirit lives on in my memories and his family who are the best people in the world. I'd love to be at the match today but I fear we might lose. Also, I'm not sure you'd call me a 'lady' if you met me. I have a mouth like a sewer sometimes.

I’ve brought bad luck to city for 42 years - doesn’t stop me going.

Unfortunately, I don't believe my husband is looking down on me. He's now a box of ashes in Mortlake Crematorium. But his spirit lives on in my memories and his family who are the best people in the world. I'd love to be at the match today but I fear we might lose. Also, I'm not sure you'd call me a 'lady' if you met me. I have a mouth like a sewer sometimes.
    😂