+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City have offered TWICE what Sala is worth !!!!!

City have offered TWICE what Sala is worth !!!!!

According to this French agent, we will pay any amount to stay up !!!!!!

Yvan Le Mee is taking the Pee.........

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-15654281

Re: City have offered TWICE what Sala is worth !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    According to this French agent, we will pay any amount to stay up !!!!!!

Yvan Le Mee is taking the Pee.........

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-15654281
    Not wrong, is he? In no way is Sala worth £20m but Solanke isn't worth £19m, Neymar isn't worth £222m. Burnley want £50m for Tarkowski. Everyone always says "this window is the window that football's bubble bursts" and it never does.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Not wrong, is he? In no way is Sala worth £20m but Solanke isn't worth £19m, Neymar isn't worth £222m. Burnley want £50m for Tarkowski. Everyone always says "this window is the window that football's bubble bursts" and it never does.
    At the start of December his value was in the media as €14M, currently it's €16M but prices up to €25M are being suggested, so from that perspective his value has increased by around 75% in a matter of a month. It's the way it is.

Looking at it slightly differently, we're going into a game against one of our major rivals without a recognised C/F in the 18 (unless Danny Ward makes a recovery), which is insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    At the start of December his value was in the media as €14M, currently it's €16M but prices up to €25M are being suggested, so from that perspective his value has increased by around 75% in a matter of a month. It's the way it is.

Looking at it slightly differently, we're going into a game against one of our major rivals without a recognised C/F in the 18 (unless Danny Ward makes a recovery), which is insane!
    I want us to sign a decent striker like everyone else but at what price and who is making the final decision ? Warnock got it badly wrong with Madine, and with his and Pilks. departure, Kens injury woes etc, we are left lightweight and looking desperate, which we are now.But signings have been poor to date, not including our loanee midfielders in this, we as a club are probably going to pay over the odds to get anyone in, and the sellers and agents know it. We should have had a striker in by now, Hudds. on Saturday is huge and Wagner has said its a must win for them.

And Madine wasn't worth £6m

I'm not sure spending £20m on a 28 year old is the best idea

There is never any value in the January transfer window.

Was Madine worth £6m, no, but at that time the club was desperate for a forward. There were concerns over Zohore and the club did were desperate to achieve a promotion. So the money was spent.

In this window we have loads of clubs trying to get out of trouble, trying to climb the league, but would another club weaken itself by selling a star player at the mid point of the season, why would a club potentially strengthen a rival at this point of the season.

In January the offer usually has to be crazy to get a move.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm not sure spending £20m on a 28 year old is the best idea
    I am hoping we have another target, and Sala at that price is a smoke screen, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    I am hoping we have another target, and Sala at that price is a smoke screen, but I doubt it.
    You don't fly out to Nantes and sit in their director's box if he's a smokescreen.

You don't fly out to Nantes and sit in their director's box if he's a smokescreen.
    I understand that but it doesn`t sound like he is too keen anyway does it ?

I have said it before, does it matter ? ? ? Its Vinnies money, we are in the hole for so much money, adding to it doesnt really matter, we are knackered without Vinnie, so whats another 30 mill

Oh and if he is the man to score a few and keep us up in the prem, its worth it

An interesting article from the French Football press published on Dec 3rd 2018 (sorry about the translation). The comment about the loan to Galatasaray not being allowed is interesting, that may set the level for the clubs he's thinking about. They're suggesting a €20M ceiling on his value.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the matches, when he knows he will appear in front of the media, Emiliano Sala often sends the instructions to the communication department of the club. No need to question him on his future, on his extension, the striker FCN does not wish to vent on these topics. Ten days ago, after the draw (1-1) against Angers , the question of his possible extension had precipitated his departure from the pool reserved for radio and print media.

The player's decision is taken. The "Sir more than 50% of the goals" FCN in Ligue 1 since the beginning of the season (11 goals scored out of 21) does not imagine continuing very long his adventure at FC Nantes , started in the summer of 2015. He he has a year and a half of contract left, but to date, an extension is no longer on the agenda. There has been no further discussion on this subject between the player and the FCN leadership for several months now. The relations between the Kita and the agent of the Italo-Argentine (Meissa Ndiaye), are very fresh and do not seem to have not facilitated the negotiations.

One of the lowest salaries of executives
    In addition, Sala feels that she is not being treated properly. At the end of October, he had entrusted L'Equipe with his feeling that he had to prove more than the others ... In Nantes, he earned 40,000 euros a month, a salary in the lower fork of the cloakroom and a low salary for emoluments. This summer, he also did not like to hear that the FCN management had mandated agents to find him a destination. At the end of August, Waldemar Kita refused to let him go on a free loan to Galatasaray during the last hours of the market. Exemplary, he had shunned only a few hours scoring even a goal in Strasbourg (2-3 success).

50% of the transfer to Bordeaux
    12 goals in the 2016-2017 season, 12 more in 2017-2018, 11 after 15 days this season: Sala , 28, continues to progress. And his odds to climb. At FCN, it seems to have been noted that the player will not extend. Even if the management says it will not leave this winter, it is certain that in case of an interesting financial offer (knowing that 50% of the transfer will go to the Girondins de Bordeaux), Sala will leave. Waldemar Kita announced recently that his attacker will not pack his bags less than 30 million euros. Future offers should be more between 15 and 20 million euros ...

In England, the Italo-Argentinian fuels the greed. Crystal Palace, Fulham , West Ham follow the player. Both parties want to find their account: FC Nantes, on the one hand, is well aware that it is the right time to sell an item (Sala is the most beautiful market value of the workforce currently), free in a little more than a year and being in the shape of his life, and the player, on the other, attracted by the English championship (much less by China), by the possible possibility of playing in the short or medium term a European Cup and a substantial salary increase.

Halilhodzic warned
    A month ago, the player told his situation to coach Vahid Halilhodzic in his office. The latter asked his management to formulate a new extension proposal to the player ... But that was not done. "Coach Vahid" is warned: a start from his best striker is quite possible at best next summer, at worst this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I have said it before, does it matter ? ? ? Its Vinnies money, we are in the hole for so much money, adding to it doesnt really matter, we are knackered without Vinnie, so whats another 30 mill

Oh and if he is the man to score a few and keep us up in the prem, its worth it
    The opportunity cost I suppose. Could that £20 be bettter spent elsewhwew

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    An interesting article from the French Football press published on Dec 3rd 2018 (sorry about the translation). The comment about the loan to Galatasaray not being allowed is interesting, that may set the level for the clubs he's thinking about. They're suggesting a €20M ceiling on his value.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the matches, when he knows he will appear in front of the media, Emiliano Sala often sends the instructions to the communication department of the club. No need to question him on his future, on his extension, the striker FCN does not wish to vent on these topics. Ten days ago, after the draw (1-1) against Angers , the question of his possible extension had precipitated his departure from the pool reserved for radio and print media.

The player's decision is taken. The "Sir more than 50% of the goals" FCN in Ligue 1 since the beginning of the season (11 goals scored out of 21) does not imagine continuing very long his adventure at FC Nantes , started in the summer of 2015. He he has a year and a half of contract left, but to date, an extension is no longer on the agenda. There has been no further discussion on this subject between the player and the FCN leadership for several months now. The relations between the Kita and the agent of the Italo-Argentine (Meissa Ndiaye), are very fresh and do not seem to have not facilitated the negotiations.

One of the lowest salaries of executives
    In addition, Sala feels that she is not being treated properly. At the end of October, he had entrusted L'Equipe with his feeling that he had to prove more than the others ... In Nantes, he earned 40,000 euros a month, a salary in the lower fork of the cloakroom and a low salary for emoluments. This summer, he also did not like to hear that the FCN management had mandated agents to find him a destination. At the end of August, Waldemar Kita refused to let him go on a free loan to Galatasaray during the last hours of the market. Exemplary, he had shunned only a few hours scoring even a goal in Strasbourg (2-3 success).

50% of the transfer to Bordeaux
    12 goals in the 2016-2017 season, 12 more in 2017-2018, 11 after 15 days this season: Sala , 28, continues to progress. And his odds to climb. At FCN, it seems to have been noted that the player will not extend. Even if the management says it will not leave this winter, it is certain that in case of an interesting financial offer (knowing that 50% of the transfer will go to the Girondins de Bordeaux), Sala will leave. Waldemar Kita announced recently that his attacker will not pack his bags less than 30 million euros. Future offers should be more between 15 and 20 million euros ...

In England, the Italo-Argentinian fuels the greed. Crystal Palace, Fulham , West Ham follow the player. Both parties want to find their account: FC Nantes, on the one hand, is well aware that it is the right time to sell an item (Sala is the most beautiful market value of the workforce currently), free in a little more than a year and being in the shape of his life, and the player, on the other, attracted by the English championship (much less by China), by the possible possibility of playing in the short or medium term a European Cup and a substantial salary increase.

Halilhodzic warned
    A month ago, the player told his situation to coach Vahid Halilhodzic in his office. The latter asked his management to formulate a new extension proposal to the player ... But that was not done. "Coach Vahid" is warned: a start from his best striker is quite possible at best next summer, at worst this winter.
    If I am understanding this, it looks as if half of any transfer fee goes to Bordeaux , another layer of complication for this bloke ?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    10 pints in the Rummer, £2 a pint, decent value👍

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Maupay?

I’m amazed you have moved both Madine and Pilkington on. Surely Madine would have been worth including for Saturday’s big game?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I’m amazed you have moved both Madine and Pilkington on. Surely Madine would have been worth including for Saturday’s big game?
    Not worth including in the slightest. He was feckin useless.

I'm guessing either one or both of Ward and/or Healey could be available instead? Even if neither are, it was pretty clear that Madine was never going to get on the pitch for us so we've not lost an option by his moving on.

Hopefully Paterson has rediscovered his shooting boots...

We have replaced him with a doorstop.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I'm guessing either one or both of Ward and/or Healey could be available instead? Even if neither are, it was pretty clear that Madine was never going to get on the pitch for us so we've not lost an option by his moving on.

Hopefully Paterson has rediscovered his shooting boots...

His shooting boots

Really

I do not make any comment about his goals but in truth does he really have shooting boots

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    10 pints in the Rummer, £2 a pint, decent value��
    Or 10 pints of Doom Bar in the Ivor Davies, leaves you 10p left over

Not sorry to see Madine go and free up a place in the squad but, in my opinion, Pilks should have stayed and taken his place. Could have played up front on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    And Madine wasn't worth £6m
    I think it was 6m as we achieved promotion. Had we not got promotion the add on would not have pushed the figure up to 6m, more than likely 2 or 3m.
    Spedger

And let's remember that a team involved in a relegation battle is a less attractive proposition for a player, pushing fees and wages up even more.