+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock retiring?

Warnock retiring?

Unless I’ve read this comment wrongly from the press conference?

“I can’t see me doing another January window if I’m honest.”

Re: Warnock retiring?

He says stuff like this to the media all the time.

He’s just saying what we all know !!!!

January sales are shite, how many of your wives & girl/boy friends have gone out and bought a right load of shit they’ll never wear !!!!!

Same with players, just the overpriced dregs for sale mostly

Yeah I can imagine it's a very tiring, frustrating, thankless process and I bet he hates it.

Dreadful idea buggers up managers and teams ,especially those at the lower valued clubs who sometimes go for a win or bust , like FFP none of this is set up to assists anyone but the rich teams , who can afford to get 20 million wrong , we cant

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Yeah I can imagine it's a very tiring, frustrating, thankless process and I bet he hates it.
    Personally I think he may go in the summer especially if we stay up but still may choose to go if we go down.
    If we stay up this will be his greatest achievement and a great time to quit whilst ahead and enjoy his time with Sharon.

If we go down then he will be under pressure to take us back up and if things go wrong and we are outside play-off places then he will feel obliged to “walk” potentially tainting his tenure at the club!

In my opinion, he has achieved miracles taking a team from 23rd in Championship to 17th in Premier League and being competitive with the majority of the teams in just over 2 years and deserves any accolades he gets .
    Regardless of the outcome this season should be respected for the job he has done!

He’s retired about 5 times

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    He’s retired about 5 times
    Yes, never take what he says as gospel. This article is from 2007: Warnock: This is my last job - https://www.skysports.com/football/n...is-my-last-job

What keeps drawing him back: the roar of the crowd, lure of the folding stuff, or to escape a nagging Doris?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Personally I think he may go in the summer especially if we stay up but still may choose to go if we go down.
    If we stay up this will be his greatest achievement and a great time to quit whilst ahead and enjoy his time with Sharon.

If we go down then he will be under pressure to take us back up and if things go wrong and we are outside play-off places then he will feel obliged to “walk” potentially tainting his tenure at the club!

In my opinion, he has achieved miracles taking a team from 23rd in Championship to 17th in Premier League and being competitive with the majority of the teams in just over 2 years and deserves any accolades he gets .
    Regardless of the outcome this season should be respected for the job he has done!

That's Mrs Warnock to you.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Dreadful idea buggers up managers and teams ,especially those at the lower valued clubs who sometimes go for a win or bust , like FFP none of this is set up to assists anyone but the rich teams , who can afford to get 20 million wrong , we cant

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    That's Mrs Warnock to you.
    sorry MR Oddie

Well I think MR Warnock got it wrong today and we were lucky MR Mason changed his mind ! One of the worst performances by the team under him as manager unless was he trying to show MR Tan why he needs to spend money in the transfer window ? ?