+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was that the worst ever premiership game for quality?

Re: Was that the worst ever premiership game for quality?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Agreed. And at what point does stale and predictable become resigned to failure? Basic variation in tactics would help. Players didn't seem to have any confidence yesterday, were not well organised at the back and made too many mistakes. We have a difficult run in at the end of the season and a squad that would struggle in the Championship bearing in mind our reliance on loan signings in midfield.Given our limitations, it's time to start thinking about next season's away matches....Luton, Portsmouth, Bristol, Swansea, WBA, Villa,Birmingham....Leeds(?....about time they fell apart).
    Hopefully we will have a decent squad to deal with that next season? No way that the two stand out players, Arter and camo will be hanging around as much as I’d love it. You can see they are a cut above.

https://twitter.com/coach_dogge/stat...604958720?s=19

Have a look at this from Sassuolo. Just shows that you don't need a huge budget to play good football

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    https://twitter.com/coach_dogge/stat...604958720?s=19

Have a look at this from Sassuolo. Just shows that you don't need a huge budget to play good football
    Thing is though. do you think we play the way we do because of our small budget by the standards of this league? I reckon if Neil Warnock was given a football budget which was, say, three times larger than the one we had in the summer, we would still be playing essentially the same type of game.

That said, I do think that we play a bit more football this season and I reckon we would see some technically better players coming in next year if we stayed up, but as long as we have this manager, any changes in the approach which got us promoted will be very small and very gradual.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thing is though. do you think we play the way we do because of our small budget by the standards of this league? I reckon if Neil Warnock was given a football budget which was, say, three times larger than the one we had in the summer, we would still be playing essentially the same type of game.

That said, I do think that we play a bit more football this season and I reckon we would see some technically better players coming in next year if we stayed up, but as long as we have this manager, any changes in the approach which got us promoted will be very small and very gradual.
    I tend to agree Bob. I suppose that's my point. I've heard Warnock on the radio countless times before he was at City saying "what's wrong with defenders being defenders" "row z etc".

It's Warnock's philosophy and that's why we play why we do. Personally I thought Arter was awful yesterday, especially first half yet when I saw Arter in a Bournemouth shirt he was a good footballer.

This issue is extended to the transfer market. We'd buy "more solid" defenders, faster wingers, a better target man and midfielders who can run more!

I honestly thought we were very good at Leicester but it seems in retrospect to be as much down to Leicesters difficulties in winning games they're expected to win as our good performance.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I tend to agree Bob. I suppose that's my point. I've heard Warnock on the radio countless times before he was at City saying "what's wrong with defenders being defenders" "row z etc".

It's Warnock's philosophy and that's why we play why we do. Personally I thought Arter was awful yesterday, especially first half yet when I saw Arter in a Bournemouth shirt he was a good footballer.

This issue is extended to the transfer market. We'd buy "more solid" defenders, faster wingers, a better target man and midfielders who can run more!

I honestly thought we were very good at Leicester but it seems in retrospect to be as much down to Leicesters difficulties in winning games they're expected to win as our good performance.
    Can't disagree with any of that gringo - I got to watch the Leicester game again on the club website and could take in more how well we played. On one hand, it's hard to see how a team that played that well can go to looking like we did yesterday in just a fortnight. However, I reckon what you say about Leicester applies even more so to us. We're underdogs in virtually every game we play this season and that suits Neil Warnock down to the ground - yesterday we were favourites and proved to be wholly ill equipped to cope with that label.

Can't disagree with any of that gringo - I got to watch the Leicester game again on the club website and could take in more how well we played. On one hand, it's hard to see how a team that played that well can go to looking like we did yesterday in just a fortnight. However, I reckon what you say about Leicester applies even more so to us. We're underdogs in virtually every game we play this season and that suits Neil Warnock down to the ground - yesterday we were favourites and proved to be wholly ill equipped to cope with that label.
    Only problem with that is we are the very worst there is when it comes to playing v the top 6.

Take them out and it applies though.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Hopefully we will have a decent squad to deal with that next season? No way that the two stand out players, Arter and camo will be hanging around as much as I’d love it. You can see they are a cut above.
    Midfield would be stuffed without our loanees.With more matches in the Championship injuries are more than likely to take their toll. Plus Sol isn't getting any younger. Gunnars' contract is up in the summer. Zahore doesn't seem to be in the right mental space to regain his fom and gets injured at the sight of grass, Ward...unfortunately a bit of a sicknote but would love to see him back in form, Peltier... um, Morrison...sort those headers out please, Neil twixt the sticks...distribution needs working on to release players (not that anyone ever seems to be looking for a quick ball out and turn defence into attack, Murphy...it's a team game... try passing on the final quarter, Bobby...intelligent player...why not him instead of Rhys Healey yesterday, Junior...less of the tricks...touch/shoot. I could go on. Bit of a rant, I know, and maybe just a reaction to yesterday but, in short, we won't set the Championship on fire. The U18s looked good on the screen before the match. Any of them likely to come through the ranks? We may well need one or two sooner rather than later.

Yes.
    It was obvious to me that this was the case in the Gillingham game.
    There were many factors that led to our downfall but the overriding one for me was that we do not know how to play as the dominant team as I doubt any training sessions are geared for this.
    You also need to be equipped mentally which we aren't.