+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Awful today

Re: Awful today

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The disappointing thing is that you just knew one the players Warnock was on about when he said one or two players let him down against Spurs was Bobby Reid.

What was Reid supposed to do in that game!
    Sorry, but that's preposterous if he meant Reid. I don't know if you saw that tactical analysis of our season that was posted on here yesterday, but one of the things I found interesting in it was the revealation of how much defensive work Reid does when he has played.

We signed two number ten type players from Bristol City in the last two summers and I can get why the gifted, but lazy, Tomlin would not be Neil Warnock's cup of tea, but I don't get what Reid's done to be used so sparingly.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The disappointing thing is that you just knew one the players Warnock was on about when he said one or two players let him down against Spurs was Bobby Reid.

What was Reid supposed to do in that game!
    He plays him against the sides we’ve got no chance of gettting anything from then casts him aside for the 50/50 games. I just don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And yet Warnock was saying after the game that he had wanted to get Murphy on - I can only think that he believes he's a liability defensively and we could have ended up losing if Murphy had come on.
    I think Warnock does believe he is a liability defensively, him being subbed at ht against Spurs implies that.

But he could easily have brought him on front for Patterson, who was clearly struggling, and given Huddersfield something different to think about as someone with pace, who would be prepared to run in behind the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    I think Warnock does believe he is a liability defensively, him being subbed at ht against Spurs implies that.

But he could easily have brought him on front for Patterson, who was clearly struggling, and given Huddersfield something different to think about as someone with pace, who would be prepared to run in behind the defence.
    I agree, I was baffled by his I wanted to bring Murphy on comment after the game - what was stopping him?

I've been positive throughout the season but yesterday was the lowest point for me.For me Warnock's trying to fill too many round holes with square pegs.The failure of Madine,Ward and Zahore, for whatever reason,was laid bare for all to see against a side who were begging to be beat.We started brightly enough but after 20mins its as if the Hudders team said to themselves "if this is all they've got then we may as well have a go".Luckily for us we met a side who's dire need for a striker is equal to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sorry but the “It’s Cardiff City we always let ourselves down and under perform when there’s a big crowd / expectation” apathy just won’t cut it today.
    There was a comment by another poster on here that said yesterday's Cardiff was the worst team to play at CCS this year and sadly I think I agree. Huddersfield may be bottom of the table but, to repeat myself, I'd be more disappointed having not being able to beat yesterday's Cardiff side than being that side and picking up a point. Picking up a point is a small positive as was us becoming more streetwise in doing so.

Maybe we just judge what is a positive result differently: at no point yesterday, after the game had started, did I think we were good enough to win and I was worried that we would lost as they got corner after corner so a point was a positive result, whereas you maybe do more to hold onto expectation of before the game and judge based on context of upcoming games also. Whatever the reason, I think we agree on 99% of our feelings on yesterday so I'll leave it there.

3 points against Newcastle and this run of two fixtures has been largely positive if in a surprising order

Ok Murphy's not going to track back but I think he would've known this before he signed him and Warnock does realise that you can change formation and instead of asking some of the players to do another god awful job of man marking someone ask them tuck in to left back to cover Murphy while he does what you want him to do and attack the opposition, I could imagine Neil saying I'm not going to bring Messi on because he spends too much time in the other half

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post

When was the last time Murphy had a good game? Young wingers are known for being inconsistent and I think Murphy is in a down patch. Healey was brought on, perhaps, as striker most in goal-scoring form and with view that youth player steals the headlines....Delay in subs could only have been seeing which players needed to come off and which could last 90 minutes as we had so many on the floor at different times with cramp/niggles.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    When was the last time Murphy had a good game? Young wingers are known for being inconsistent and I think Murphy is in a down patch. Healey was brought on, perhaps, as striker most in goal-scoring form and with view that youth player steals the headlines....Delay in subs could only have been seeing which players needed to come off and which could last 90 minutes as we had so many on the floor at different times with cramp/niggles.
    I appreciate he hasn’t been consistent and that we were seemingly carrying some niggles i.e. Bamba, but to not actually use the 3rd sub at all seemed daft.

I thought what we were crying out for was a bit of pace and Murphy especially could have brought that. Whilst not consistent, there have been times where Murphy has had defenders on edge for his direct running and also running in behind.

Well if that’s what he thinks of his marquee summer signing, that he couldn’t put him on for 15 minutes against a team as toothless as Huddersfield, then we are in massive trouble. There’s other players in the side to stop the ball going in our own net.

We weren’t playing City or Spurs ffs.
    City??????

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    City??????
    I’ve had a row for using Citeh.

I wonder what Tan is thinking with Warnock having spent so much money on Murphy, Reid and Cunningham and found not one of them was selected to play. Coupled with the money wasted on Madine and Tomlin it would appear that not far off £35m has been spent with little reward. He must be nervous about releasing the coffers because the spending record hasn't been great so far. Tan has been banging on for years about the £10m wasted on Cornelius so he can't be too pleased especially as our two best signings in the form of the fluke and last minute loan of Camarasa and Arter have been our best players this season so far. The squad is extremely poor and the fact our best player yesterday was Arter is not even good enough for our potential relegation rivals says a lot.

Warnock performed miracles to get us promoted and we need an even bigger one to stay up as the performance yesterday was stale, lacklustre and devoid of effort, Arter aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I wonder what Tan is thinking with Warnock having spent so much money on Murphy, Reid and Cunningham and found not one of them was selected to play. Coupled with the money wasted on Madine and Tomlin it would appear that not far off £35m has been spent with little reward. He must be nervous about releasing the coffers because the spending record hasn't been great so far. Tan has been banging on for years about the £10m wasted on Cornelius so he can't be too pleased especially as our two best signings in the form of the fluke and last minute loan of Camarasa and Arter have been our best players this season so far. The squad is extremely poor and the fact our best player yesterday was Arter is not even good enough for our potential relegation rivals says a lot.

Warnock performed miracles to get us promoted and we need an even bigger one to stay up as the performance yesterday was stale, lacklustre and devoid of effort, Arter aside.
    Bournemouth are not potential relegation rivals.

Its about time Some on here showed some backbone and resilience.Neil Warnock has not only transformed the club but has given us more than we ever dreamed could be possible. I am a well into my 60s and never thought i would never see us in the top flight again and possibly getting a relegation from the championship.We all knew this year would be a struggle and to be where we are is more than I expected and I am sure most reasonable fans think likewise.The area where we excelled is in our support for our team but now some seem to turning.Typical fans i suppose.
    Please keep faith in Neil Warnock and his squad the only chance we have is sticking together as one.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Bournemouth are not potential relegation rivals.
    That wasn't my main point However, after an excellent start to the season their results since and including November have been poor. Of course they are well ahead of us but could get sucked into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Its about time Some on here showed some backbone and resilience.Neil Warnock has not only transformed the club but has given us more than we ever dreamed could be possible. I am a well into my 60s and never thought i would never see us in the top flight again and possibly getting a relegation from the championship.We all knew this year would be a struggle and to be where we are is more than I expected and I am sure most reasonable fans think likewise.The area where we excelled is in our support for our team but now some seem to turning.Typical fans i suppose.
    Please keep faith in Neil Warnock and his squad the only chance we have is sticking together as one.
    Overall I agree with your post but the "backbone" comment is a bit unfair as the vast majority of fans wholeheartedly support Warnock for what he has done. But facts are facts and even the the most ardent supporter has to admit that the signings so far haven't been great.

What in the following sentence from my post do you disagree.

"Warnock performed miracles to get us promoted and we need an even bigger one to stay up as the performance yesterday was stale, lacklustre and devoid of effort, Arter aside."

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Overall I agree with your post but the "backbone" comment is a bit unfair as the vast majority of fans wholeheartedly support Warnock for what he has done. But facts are facts and even the the most ardent supporter has to admit that the signings so far haven't been great.

What in the following sentence from my post do you disagree.

"Warnock performed miracles to get us promoted and we need an even bigger one to stay up as the performance yesterday was stale, lacklustre and devoid of effort, Arter aside."
    [I] would not say we lacked effort. Some days things dont go as you would like or expect.Even last year we lost games to teams at the bottom of the division. Its is a sign of what has been done at our club that expectations are now so high compared to few seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think our wingers are expected to do a full defensive shift even in a home game against a side that is getting close to being cut adrift at the bottom of the league - Mendez-Laing snuffed out a dangerous situation in the first half yesterday and I can imagine Warnock thinking it was the best thing he did all game.

I reckon we had two players doing a man marking job in a home game against a team that had lost it's last nine matches yesterday - do we have any midfield players that the opposition would consider assigning someone to follow them all over the pitch? Camarasa possibly, but I doubt it.
    They had 2 on Camarasa all game

We weren’t playing City or Spurs ffs.
    We are City.