+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Awful today

Re: Awful today

Our two most expensive players on the bench. Not one shot on target. Against a team that have lost 8 in a row. We'll drop in to the bottom 3 next week and I can't see a realsistic way for us to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    It was an awful game and I'm the first to question the long term of our vision with Warnock in charge but let's keep some perspective as well. I accept that not bringing Murphy and Reid on was a poor decision but the fact remains that Warnock has still done more for this club than probably any manager we've ever had.
    Yes he has done a great deal for the club, but he needs to do more to achieve what no manager has done for us before and keep us in the Premier league. On today's showing he wont.

Just watching Bala v Caernavon...out the same level......

Just watching Bala v Caernavon...out the same level......but much more exciting....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Just watching Bala v Caernavon...out the same level......
    In France? Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Where's the brewery tap? How do you get to it?
    on st mary street and corner of caroline st, great beer selection. our train cancelled so now on dog and pony route home

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    on st mary street and corner of caroline st, great beer selection. our train cancelled so now on dog and pony route home
    Did that used to be called the Cambrian? Then wasn't it a so-called Irish pub for a while?

i think it's safe to say that game won't be first on match of the day tonight

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Did that used to be called the Cambrian? Then wasn't it a so-called Irish pub for a while?
    It was the Cambrian, proper drinking hole. I remember putting my head around the door when i was a kid, it was just middle aged blokes swigging and smoking, no conversation-Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Apparently Warnock had them playing futsal all week!

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    I'd rather they show extended highlights of the other matches and not show ours at all.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Apparently Warnock had them playing futsal all week!
    the wales national futsal squad are in training tomorrow ahead of the world cup qualifyers in 3 weeks time bring the team down mr warnock and the lads will show them how to keep the ball for at least 4 passes !

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Don't you think so? The ball didn't go straight back to them when we conceded a free-kick, we overturned a penalty decision by moaning to the linesman... These are things that other premier league sides do, I'm not advocating going as far as other sides seem to, and that and a bit of luck got us a point.

I haven't tried to put any spin on the performance but we picked up a point more than Arsenal, Leicester, Brighton, Fulham and Palace did today. As bad as the performance was that is a small positive.
    are you serious? today was probably the biggest game of the season and no one turned up now we have to go up to newcastle and pick up 3 points

now gringo got me into the futsal mood again some great footage why academies in this country should ditch football to futsal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6b9biy1TQ8

pep uses these futsal tactics like this to aplomb in the 11 aside game with man city and when he was with barcelona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6fuxeESym4

forget excuses about bringing great young footballers through in this country by the way coaches have badges for this and that and facilities we will always be left behind

Hugely disappointing performance after such a gutsy away win vs Leicester and not easy to look for positives from our own performance today after being dominated from start to finish in every department.

However, Huddersfield have players used to performing at this level and have experience of dogging out wins over the past couple of seasons in the premiership.

Although the game was bereft of any goalmouth excitement for 90 minutes, the players stuck to their task and ground put a result whereas 5 years ago, poor teams like Hull and Crystal Palace came to Cardiff and embarrassed us.

It could have been a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Ah, the Cambrian Tap. Thought there was another real ale pub I wasn't aware of. Thanks 👍

Don't you think so? The ball didn't go straight back to them when we conceded a free-kick, we overturned a penalty decision by moaning to the linesman... These are things that other premier league sides do, I'm not advocating going as far as other sides seem to, and that and a bit of luck got us a point.

I haven't tried to put any spin on the performance but we picked up a point more than Arsenal, Leicester, Brighton, Fulham and Palace did today. As bad as the performance was that is a small positive.
    We may have picked up a point more than Newcastle but they were playing Chelsea away so wouldn’t expect anything.

We were playing the bottom side at home, and they had just lost 9 in a row. It was probably the last game this season where we will start as favourites, as we’ve already played the rest of the bottom 8 at home except for Palace, and we put in a performance like that?

Dress it up how you want that’s a massive opportunity and 2 points dropped in our quest to reach 36 points. 2 points we will need to find elsewhere along with a dramatic improvement in away form.

Our only hope is Newcastle and Fulham continue to be as shit as they have been because I highly doubt we will get the 15 points required if yesterday’s shit show is anything to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Dress it up how you want that’s a massive opportunity and 2 points dropped in our quest to reach 36 points. 2 points we will need to find elsewhere along with a dramatic improvement in away form.
    I agree that it was a good opportunity for three points but at what point yesterday, after the game started, did you expect to win? Now can you tell me how many times in your years watching us have we really needed to win a game and managed to lose it with an abject performance? Sometimes for whatever reason the players have an off day and if you manage to pick up points when you don't deserve to then it's points gained rather than points lost.

However, it does put more pressure on future performances and we are now further behind my desired points total for this stage in the season.

I agree that it was a good opportunity for three points but at what point yesterday, after the game started, did you expect to win? Now can you tell me how many times in your years watching us have we really needed to win a game and managed to lose it with an abject performance? Sometimes for whatever reason the players have an off day and if you manage to pick up points when you don't deserve to then it's points gained rather than points lost.

However, it does put more pressure on future performances and we are now further behind my desired points total for this stage in the season.
    Let's be honest Warnock should've made 2 changes at half time yesterday, whatever we were trying to do clearly wasn't working and that's up to the manager to change things, to me it looked like Healey only came on because he can throw it longer than gunner which is embarrassing in it's self

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Let's be honest Warnock should've made 2 changes at half time yesterday, whatever we were trying to do clearly wasn't working and that's up to the manager to change things, to me it looked like Healey only came on because he can throw it longer than gunner which is embarrassing in it's self
    The fact we ended that game with a sub to spare was a ****ing joke.

Sorry but the “It’s Cardiff City we always let ourselves down and under perform when there’s a big crowd / expectation” apathy just won’t cut it today.

This isn’t the dungeon anymore. We’ve got highly paid players who can’t do the basics and 20m pounds worth of signings left on the bench.

Warnock can’t keep living off last year either. He did absolutely **** all to effect that game in play yesterday.

Didn’t react to the game plan not working, didn’t react to how the opposition set up. It was like he was almost resigned to the fact we were not going to win the game and that’s what hurts the most. We didn’t even try to win it.

You can accept that attitude against City, United and Spurs when we were well and truly beaten but not against a Huddersfield side who had just lost NINE games in a row.

Sometimes you get a point when you’ve played really well, unlucky not to get all 3, and it gives you optimism for the next game.

That was the complete opposite. We deserved nothing and that level of performance in a must win game is extremely worrying going into next week.

The fact we ended that game with a sub to spare was a ****ing joke.
    And yet Warnock was saying after the game that he had wanted to get Murphy on - I can only think that he believes he's a liability defensively and we could have ended up losing if Murphy had come on.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And yet Warnock was saying after the game that he had wanted to get Murphy on - I can only think that he believes he's a liability defensively and we could have ended up losing if Murphy had come on.
    Well if that’s what he thinks of his marquee summer signing, that he couldn’t put him on for 15 minutes against a team as toothless as Huddersfield, then we are in massive trouble. There’s other players in the side to stop the ball going in our own net.

We weren’t playing City or Spurs ffs.

Well if that’s what he thinks of his marquee summer signing, that he couldn’t put him on for 15 minutes against a team as toothless as Huddersfield, then we are in massive trouble. There’s other players in the side to stop the ball going in our own net.

We weren’t playing City or Spurs ffs.
    I think our wingers are expected to do a full defensive shift even in a home game against a side that is getting close to being cut adrift at the bottom of the league - Mendez-Laing snuffed out a dangerous situation in the first half yesterday and I can imagine Warnock thinking it was the best thing he did all game.

I reckon we had two players doing a man marking job in a home game against a team that had lost it's last nine matches yesterday - do we have any midfield players that the opposition would consider assigning someone to follow them all over the pitch? Camarasa possibly, but I doubt it.

The disappointing thing is that you just knew one the players Warnock was on about when he said one or two players let him down against Spurs was Bobby Reid.

What was Reid supposed to do in that game!