+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Awful today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Awful today

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And yet Warnock was saying after the game that he had wanted to get Murphy on - I can only think that he believes he's a liability defensively and we could have ended up losing if Murphy had come on.
    I think Warnock does believe he is a liability defensively, him being subbed at ht against Spurs implies that.

But he could easily have brought him on front for Patterson, who was clearly struggling, and given Huddersfield something different to think about as someone with pace, who would be prepared to run in behind the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    I think Warnock does believe he is a liability defensively, him being subbed at ht against Spurs implies that.

But he could easily have brought him on front for Patterson, who was clearly struggling, and given Huddersfield something different to think about as someone with pace, who would be prepared to run in behind the defence.
    I agree, I was baffled by his I wanted to bring Murphy on comment after the game - what was stopping him?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post

When was the last time Murphy had a good game? Young wingers are known for being inconsistent and I think Murphy is in a down patch. Healey was brought on, perhaps, as striker most in goal-scoring form and with view that youth player steals the headlines....Delay in subs could only have been seeing which players needed to come off and which could last 90 minutes as we had so many on the floor at different times with cramp/niggles.