+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Appalling

Appalling

Watched the game on-stream in France. It was simply embarrassing I felt ashamed. Huddersfield clearly wanted the win and looked the better side. We were devoid of any way to move forward - it is a long time since I have seen such a poor game -not worthy of div 2 let alone Premier league. Set pieces are a joke. Also looking at replays, the 'penalty' that was changed was a penalty.' . - Bennett pulled him back with his arm.....on the blindside of the linesman....

Only players to come out of it with any credit are Etheridge, Bamba and NML until he went off - why did we not feed him more? - and Hoilett.

Can it get any worse?

Re: Appalling

Even though it was a foul it was not a penalty because the foul started to take place outside the box.

started to foul outside...but arm across INSIDE the box. Watching the Newcastle game now....they are miles ahead of City in terms of effort and quality.

He was fouling him before the arm went across so that’s irrelevant really. If its a foul then it’s a free kick.

Either way the officials made a mess of it.

I thought Bennet got fouled first.

Thought it was a pen from the Canton Stand. Thought should have had a pen for the challenge on Hoilett in the 1st half but haven’t seen a replay of either incident.

Got to say nothing excuses the performance from City today but I think Lee Mason’s refereeing performance was one of the worst I’ve seen for a while. It was typified by his decision to stop play for a head injury to a Huddersfield player when we had possession. He then proceeded to give them possession to resume the game - farcical!

We were so bad today. Second best in every dept. I think we are going to need a massive improvement to stay up

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Watched the game on-stream in France. It was simply embarrassing I felt ashamed. Huddersfield clearly wanted the win and looked the better side. We were devoid of any way to move forward - it is a long time since I have seen such a poor game -not worthy of div 2 let alone Premier league. Set pieces are a joke. Also looking at replays, the 'penalty' that was changed was a penalty.' . - Bennett pulled him back with his arm.....on the blindside of the linesman....

Only players to come out of it with any credit are Etheridge, Bamba and NML until he went off - why did we not feed him more? - and Hoilett.

Can it get any worse?
    Why say that you felt ashamed ? Thats a very strange thing to say. What have you or the club done that should make you say that. Disappointed, upset with the result/performance - ok - but never ashamed in a million years. The team are in the Premier League, against all the odds, outside the bottom three after 22 games, giving it 100% every game. Perhaps you think we should be in the top six. Get real and support your team.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I thought Bennet got fouled first.
    Me too. Watched it a few times earlier.
    Bennett cuts across the attacker and the contact is on him.
    If this is a penalty then the one in Gunnar last week is too.

As he goes down he grabs the Huddersfield lad.

Think this is how the linesman saw it too.

Can’t see how VAR is going to help next season with decisions like this as it’s still just subjective opinions.

TBH the ref had lost control from virtually the 2nd minute when Hoillet went past his man and accidentally caught the guys heels tripping both of them over and the ref gives a free kick ?

Then later he stops the game with City in a promising position for a dubious head injury and then gives the ball back to Huddersfield.
    The player then makes a miraculous recovery!

Gave us several soft free kicks too.

Then failed to book Shindler for another cynical tug on a player who’d gone past him ( very similar to his 2nd booking v Burnley) when he realised he’d be off and booked Hoillet for the most innocuous foul you’d seen all game.

Don’t get me wrong, we were shite. But the ref didn’t help the game at all..

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why say that you felt ashamed ? Thats a very strange thing to say. What have you or the club done that should make you say that. Disappointed, upset with the result/performance - ok - but never ashamed in a million years. The team are in the Premier League, against all the odds, outside the bottom three after 22 games, giving it 100% every game. Perhaps you think we should be in the top six. Get real and support your team.
    You thought that was 100%? You're the one that needs to get real.

Except Gillingham and Huddersfield.

Yah I have to agree with that.

It was poor, but: we didn't lose (amazingly) and we all know that the team can play much, much better than that.

Yes, it was disappointing but we still have a decent chance of staying up so let's just move on, and not dwell on what was a poor display, for too long.

I am as frustrated as anyone from what I saw via a stream but the next game is always the most important, especially as it is against Newcastle!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I was at Gillingham and thought that all of the players put in 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I was at Gillingham and thought that all of the players put in 100%.
    What is it that they say.. "A good big 'un, will always beat a good little 'un"?

So, based on that.. let's say Gillingham gave 100% and, as you reckon, we also gave 100%. Surely as a Premier League team we would have expected to have beaten a League 1 team? (not just play well mind... give 100%!).

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Even though it was a foul it was not a penalty because the foul started to take place outside the box.
    Unless they have changed the rules a foul that starts outside of the box and continues inside the box is a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You thought that was 100%? You're the one that needs to get real.
    I was actually there. The team came off the pitch absolutely shattered, with a number of them playing on through injuries. I am talking about the whole season as well. You seem totally incapable of giving the team or manager any praise at all and appear to think they are totally useless. Why bother to even switch your computer on - just keep slagging them off as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    What about the other 22 games this season. You pick on two poor performances/results but in both the team put in full effort even if the quality wasnt good enough to win. Presumably you think that we should be in the top six and are under performing. As I said, get real.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    We were so bad today. Second best in every dept. I think we are going to need a massive improvement to stay up
    Couldn't agree more. The worst I've seen City play in a looong time. My only hope is for this to have been a very off day.

I was actually there. The team came off the pitch absolutely shattered, with a number of them playing on through injuries. I am talking about the whole season as well. You seem totally incapable of giving the team or manager any praise at all and appear to think they are totally useless. Why bother to even switch your computer on - just keep slagging them off as usual.
    I give praise where it's due. Like after the Leicester game for example. I'm not going to priase the manager or the team after the display they put on over the last two weeks. Gillingham was an embarrasment. Huddersfield was poor.

The performance was flat, and quite frankly embarrassing for very large segments of the game in which we were clearly second best... to the team beyond all hope off staying up. Granted players were 'injured' but everyone else has to deal with injuries. The players who played showed zero desire to take the game by the bollocks and impose our will, or at least make it look like thats what they were doing. Warnock had Murphy and Reid at his disposal but instead risked injured players, one of whom, was completely unnecessary (Paterson) considering the opposition we faced. Praise is earned, not given as charity. There are 6/7 players in our squad who are capable of playing at this standard, it's time they started playing like it.