+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warnocks Pro Brexit rant afrer todays game including "To hell with the rest of the world"

Re: Warnocks Pro Brexit rant afrer todays game including "To hell with the rest of the world"

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post

"Why did we have a referendum in the first bloody place? I can't wait to get out if I'm honest. I think we'll be far better out of the bloody thing. In every aspect. To hell with the rest of the world.

"Football-wise as well."

Should do wonders for him signing players from abroad.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rexit-15669972
    People used to say mourinho was brilliant at deflecting things with the media. However once people totally saw through it he just looked ridiculous and pitiful.

Im afraid Warnock is coming across as the same.

On the pitch he's still doing a remarkable job (how are we not in the bottom 3??) but off the pitch hes been found wanting this season.

Re: Warnocks Pro Brexit rant afrer todays game including "To hell with the rest of the world"

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    "to hell with the rest of the world"

That's not good. Hopefully not, but he and we might regret this.
    Stop being a drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post

"Why did we have a referendum in the first bloody place? I can't wait to get out if I'm honest. I think we'll be far better out of the bloody thing. In every aspect. To hell with the rest of the world.

"Football-wise as well."

Should do wonders for him signing players from abroad.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rexit-15669972

Warnock deflecting from what really was the most inept performance of the season.

He should shut up about Brexit and get have some reflection on why we created so few chances at home against the worst team in the division (who were on a 8 game losing streak), how we seemed tired, lethargic and devoid of energy, why our 25 man squad doesn't have a single fit recognised striker available and why we can't string more than two passes together.

As much as he has done wonders for our club this performance not only reveals the limitations in our squad but also NW's limitations at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Stop being a drama queen.
    Our squad isn't made up of 68 year old tired British guys. They're young and used to mixing with people from all over the world. They are unlikely to think Britannia rules the waves. Most of them won't give a shit, but it only takes one or two questioning the boss to rob us of marginal gains.

Look at the difference between Medel in the first half of the season and the second, when he effectively stopped trying. It might have no effect but it certainly won't have a positive effect.

Our squad isn't made up of 68 year old tired British guys. They're young and used to mixing with people from all over the world. They are unlikely to think Britannia rules the waves. Most of them won't give a shit, but it only takes one or two questioning the boss to rob us of marginal gains.

Look at the difference between Medel in the first half of the season and the second, when he effectively stopped trying. It might have no effect but it certainly won't have a positive effect.
    Thats true. Its a little known fact that gary medel was actually a strong advocate of Scottish independence. When malky left he was never going to be the same.

Think your reading too much into this. Footballers just go where the money is. As I pointed out above, we’ve had some moronic fans over the yrs, who have vocally spouted some real hatred and vitriol toward the English. It’s never stopped English players coming here.
    Yes Warnock was daft for biting, as we are now living in a world where it’s fast becoming fashionable to be offended by the slightest thing.
    In the grand scheme of things though, our season won’t hinge on his comments yesterday,

Of course our season wont hinge on warnock being pro brexit or not.

However the way he said sod the rest of the world at the end looked like how he is genuinely feeling at the moment.

He's on record as saying he didn't enjoy the premier league when hes managed in it before- this yesterday plus the bizarre comments about clyne and Liverpool suggest hes feeling the same now.

Think your reading too much into this. Footballers just go where the money is. As I pointed out above, we’ve had some moronic fans over the yrs, who have vocally spouted some real hatred and vitriol toward the English. It’s never stopped English players coming here.
    Yes Warnock was daft for biting, as we are now living in a world where it’s fast becoming fashionable to be offended by the slightest thing.
    In the grand scheme of things though, our season won’t hinge on his comments yesterday,
    It’s not the fans coming out with those comments though it’s the manager.

Idiotic thing to say, and in a press conference too. At least Tan doesn’t need to waste another 5 years hiring private investigators and lawyers.

https://youtu.be/oRqD3SyPgT8

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Of course our season wont hinge on warnock being pro brexit or not.

However the way he said sod the rest of the world at the end looked like how he is genuinely feeling at the moment.

He's on record as saying he didn't enjoy the premier league when hes managed in it before- this yesterday plus the bizarre comments about clyne and Liverpool suggest hes feeling the same now.
    So should the club have been cruel to be kind and dispensed with his services as soon as we clinched promotion? If he’s not happy about managing in the prem, why doesn’t he do the decent thing, and scarper?

So should the club have been cruel to be kind and dispensed with his services as soon as we clinched promotion? If he’s not happy about managing in the prem, why doesn’t he do the decent thing, and scarper?
    No. On the pitch we are actually doing very well. However as painful as it may feel we are more likely to succeed with what we currently have, rather than spending millions in January.

I completely understand why people want us to- and we do need to- but with warnock in charge of the spending i just can't share other peoples excitement about the January window.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The lengths he'll go to in order to deflect attention away from a bad performance are incredible, almost admirable

Warnock ought to stick to football for which he’s paid and frankly he’s not performing that well right now. Whilst you can’t blame him for players skills and abilities he is culpable for the game plan and player attitude. Yesterday was a debacle and he needs a roasting for his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Warnock ought to stick to football for which he’s paid and frankly he’s not performing that well right now. Whilst you can’t blame him for players skills and abilities he is culpable for the game plan and player attitude. Yesterday was a debacle and he needs a roasting for his part.
    You can blame him for the players brought in for 35m which he doesn’t know how best to use.

"To hell with the rest of the world," says the Englishman whose works for a Malaysian-owned football club administered by a Malaysian and a Cypriot, and whose squad includes a Filipino, a Spaniard, a Frenchman, an Icelander, a Canadian, a Dane and players from Gabon and the Ivory Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    "To hell with the rest of the world," says the Englishman whose works for a Malaysian-owned football club administered by a Malaysian and a Cypriot, and whose squad includes a Filipino, a Spaniard, a Frenchman, an Icelander, a Canadian, a Dane and players from Gabon and the Ivory Coast.

Bingo!! Move along now. Nothing to see here.

The Guardian reported it like this

Neil Warnock has used a post-match press conference to attack the government’s handling of Brexit negotiations – insisting a clean exit from the EU will be better for Britain “football-wise”, and “in every aspect”.

The Cardiff City manager, speaking following his side’s 0-0 draw with Huddersfield, dismissed claims that Brexit will make it harder for Premier League clubs to sign players – then called on Theresa May to deliver on the referendum result.

“I think once the country knows what they’re doing, it will be straightforward [to make signings] … Any transfer window is difficult for me, not just this one.”

He continued: “I don’t know why politicians don’t do what the country wants, if I’m honest. They had a referendum and now we see different politicians and everyone else trying to put their foot in it … Why did we have a referendum in the first bloody place?

“I can’t wait to get out of it, if I’m honest. I think we’ll be far better out of the bloody thing. In every aspect. Football-wise as well, absolutely. To hell with the rest of the world.”

He is a bloke who speaks what is on his mind, we know that, we used to hate it when he wasnt with us, we love it now ( Fickle football fan shocker )

If this was any other manager we'd be all laughing saying that his head has gone, this was totally embarrassing for Neil and Cardiff city

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    If this was any other manager we'd be all laughing saying that his head has gone, this was totally embarrassing for Neil and Cardiff city
    And yet the majority of journalists and their headlines are Warnock talking about Brexit, and not talking about a piss poor performance or a lack of strategy in the transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    And yet the majority of journalists and their headlines are Warnock talking about Brexit, and not talking about a piss poor performance or a lack of strategy in the transfer window.
    Piss-poor performance - not entirely unexpected.

Lack of strategy in the transfer window - not entirely unexpected.

Manager of a multi-cultural football club who's allegedly trying to bring in players from Europe banging on about Brexit and saying "to hell with the rest of the world" - entirely unexpected. Hence the headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Did you join the forum just to insult one of the best managers we have ever had ?
    No. I joined this forum when Lennie Lawrence was manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    No. I joined this forum when Lennie Lawrence was manager.

I just watched the interview and there is no way it was calculated to deflect. He looks completely pissed off and I think it was just a rant

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The Guardian reported it like this

Neil Warnock has used a post-match press conference to attack the government’s handling of Brexit negotiations – insisting a clean exit from the EU will be better for Britain “football-wise”, and “in every aspect”.

The Cardiff City manager, speaking following his side’s 0-0 draw with Huddersfield, dismissed claims that Brexit will make it harder for Premier League clubs to sign players – then called on Theresa May to deliver on the referendum result.

“I think once the country knows what they’re doing, it will be straightforward [to make signings] … Any transfer window is difficult for me, not just this one.”

He continued: “I don’t know why politicians don’t do what the country wants, if I’m honest. They had a referendum and now we see different politicians and everyone else trying to put their foot in it … Why did we have a referendum in the first bloody place?

“I can’t wait to get out of it, if I’m honest. I think we’ll be far better out of the bloody thing. In every aspect. Football-wise as well, absolutely. To hell with the rest of the world.”

He is a bloke who speaks what is on his mind, we know that, we used to hate it when he wasnt with us, we love it now ( Fickle football fan shocker )
    He’s a bloke speaking his mind and being made to look backwards and thick though. No one minds someone speaking their mind but the context is important.

“To hell with the rest of the world” is about as small minded as you can get.

Shows how boring yesterdays game was and how little we managed to accomplish.

Warnock usually does his usual "deflect attention from the players onto himself" shtick by referencing something that happens during the game (see the "no handshake" incident with Wolves last season). This time he had to pull something as random as Brexit out of his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    I agree with the 'piss poor performance' comment, but to be fair to the club and Warnock there is clearly a strategy for this window - but one that hasn't worked (yet).

We know he is looking for a striker, a defensive midfielder and a right back. The club was putting lists of targets together from October. The main markets they were looking in were England, Scotland and France. Warnock and his coaches have been out to watch players and games and check out scouting reports, and to speak directly to players, agents and club owners or executives. They thought they had two deals almost agreed in December (including fees, wages and personal terms) but the goalposts moved. All of that adds up to a strategy, if so far an unsuccessful one.