+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warnocks Pro Brexit rant afrer todays game including "To hell with the rest of the world"

Re: Warnocks Pro Brexit rant afrer todays game including "To hell with the rest of the world"

Warnock has done himself no favours and he has embarrassed the club and City. I was prepared to overlook his rant at the Wolves game but he has gone too far.
    Compare him with Klopp who said recently countries are stronger together. That is class something Warnock clearly does not have.
    Alluding to something someone said earlier, I would rather not buy anyone in the window. How can a player from abroad respect a man with such xenophobic views? I can't.

Re: Warnocks Pro Brexit rant afrer todays game including "To hell with the rest of the world"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    I don't get this "deflecting from a poor performance" nonsense. He was asked a question, he answered it.
    In a way a 70 year old bloke would have answered it, afterall, he is 70

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Please tell me why Brexit is political. As many Labour supporters voted to leave as Conservative ones. It has been hyjacked now for Political point scoring by all sides but the original concept was a non political free vote.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Our squad isn't made up of 68 year old tired British guys. They're young and used to mixing with people from all over the world. They are unlikely to think Britannia rules the waves. Most of them won't give a shit, but it only takes one or two questioning the boss to rob us of marginal gains.

Look at the difference between Medel in the first half of the season and the second, when he effectively stopped trying. It might have no effect but it certainly won't have a positive effect.
    A well-made point.

A few more like Neil Warnock in charge and we would not be having all this shit about Brixit. He has my vote.

As someone said on twitter...
    He looks like someone who takes their own beans on holiday as their not eating that foreign muck

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    He looks like someone who takes their own beans on holiday as their not eating that foreign muck
    He's made a fool not just of himself but the club and indeed the City of Cardiff.

I like the bloke but he made himself look a twat. Yeah I voted remain so I disagree with what he believes for andbalknthat but the crass ignorance is sadly typical of the overwhelming majority of leavers I’ve heard who’ve made daft nationalistic soundbites without any clear plan on what we do once leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I can’t get behind a fella like that sorry. Not the type of person I’d want in charge of the club I support either.

Bit silly of him considering Cardiff voted remain.
    But the surrounding valleys voted leave, which is where a major percentage of fans are from

I am a leave voter and glad we’re leaving but this has clearly wound up a few so should have left that question there.

He’s allowed his opinion but that’s like putting fuel on the fire for some

The media know just what buttons to press where NW is concerned and he rarely disappoints

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    A few more like Neil Warnock in charge and we would not be having all this shit about Brixit. He has my vote.
    You live in the valleys and you think Brexit is a good idea? Do remember what Wales was like before the EU? Do you like being a second class citizen? Brexit is just a power grab for London.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Talking of Twitter, #cityasone is a hashtag on the main club account. How ironic that our manager focusses on the one topic that has divided society (and by definition, our fanbase) more than any other in living memory

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I am a leave voter and glad we’re leaving but this has clearly wound up a few so should have left that question there.

He’s allowed his opinion but that’s like putting fuel on the fire for some
    It isn’t the fact of being leave or not it’s the lack of nous and small mindedness of his opinion, “to hell with the rest of the world” ffs.

He’s shown himself up to be completely out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It isn’t the fact of being leave or not it’s the lack of nous and small mindedness of his opinion, “to hell with the rest of the world” ffs.

He’s shown himself up to be completely out of touch.
    It does sound like a foolish statement when so many foreign players and investors are involved in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    But the surrounding valleys voted leave, which is where a major percentage of fans are from
    I know......being a City fan from Hengoed, I'm aware of the demographics.

Still seems feckin daft to potentially alienate half the fans in order to ingratiate yourself to the other half.

Then again it seems feckin daft to vote against a body that has funded a lot of development in an impoverished area.

Still seems feckin daft to potentially alienate half the fans in order to ingratiate yourself to the other half.

Then again it seems feckin daft to vote against a body that has funded a lot of development in an impoverished area.
    I agree with this completely.

I didn’t want to get into the politics of it

I hope I’m wrong but the worst affected place after the vote will be South Wales. Trusting a Tory government to fund it is what we’ve basically voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Wiggy View Post
    It does sound like a foolish statement when so many foreign players and investors are involved in the game.
    He’s a manager in a global company with multinational staff, executives and owners.

He’s lucky he’s done such a good job because in a role with such authority in any other industry he’d be managed out after that.

Imagine being Camarasa and going into work knowing that’s your bosses opinion. Would you want a permanent role under him?

He’s a manager in a global company with multinational staff, executives and owners.

He’s lucky he’s done such a good job because in a role with such authority in any other industry he’d be managed out after that.

Imagine being Camarasa and going into work knowing that’s your bosses opinion. Would you want a permanent role under him?
    He's obviously a good manager and most fans I've spoken to seem to think highly of him but silly rants like that are not going to do him any favours. Didn't a recent manager send texts referring to 'slanty eyed' players a few years ago?

I love the guy, he’s done an amazing job with a very limited budget and squad. I could listen to him talk all day too.

But coming out with something so utterly vapid and clueless has made me lose a lot of respect for him.

I love the guy, he’s done an amazing job with a very limited budget and squad. I could listen to him talk all day too.

But coming out with something so utterly vapid and clueless has made me lose a lot of respect for him.
    That's exactly how I feel.
    Compare his rant to what Klopp said recently about countries are stronger together.
    I can't help thinking this a rant too far and there will be repercussions which will be to the detriment of the club.

Irrelevant of whether the supporter's are remainders or leavers he has a duty of care to Cardiff city as the manager to have its best interests and he's totally ****ed up here, I can only see this having a detrimental effect on us

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    His opinion on Brexit isnt political either.....
    A club spokesperson said: “Comments made by our manager following Saturday’s fixture are representative of his personal political stance. These comments do not reflect the political position of Cardiff City Football Club, nor its Board of Directors."

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A club spokesperson said: “Comments made by our manager following Saturday’s fixture are representative of his personal political stance. These comments do not reflect the political position of Cardiff City Football Club, nor its Board of Directors."
    thats the end of it then, the club has pointed out his comments do not represent the club ( though we all knew that anyway )

end of story