+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Special mention For Joe Bennett....

Special mention For Joe Bennett....

Seeing as Cunningham has been horsewhipped for his performances.......Just saying......

Re: Special mention For Joe Bennett....

Agree it's a no contest, Bennett's the better defender & better attacker, we look a lot better balanced with Bennett in the side .

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Agree it's a no contest, Bennett's the better defender & better attacker, we look a lot better balanced with Bennett in the side .
    He probably is, my point is that he had a stinker today-and his defending and positional play really is shit at times? When do our fullbacks attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He probably is, my point is that he had a stinker today-and his defending and positional play really is shit at times? When do our fullbacks attack?
    He blocked their best chance of the game with a goal saving block first half.

Our full backs don’t cross the half way line but that’s not their fault. It’s the way Warnock sets up and besides, weve got no one in midfield to work the ball to get them into positions to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Our full backs don’t cross the half way line but that’s not their fault. It’s the way Warnock sets up and besides, weve got no one in midfield to work the ball to get them into positions to attack.
    I know that-wasn't blaming them! i don't rate Bennett, gets himself in some horror positions during games and switches off-he's better than Cunningham-it seems-but that's not really that difficult.

I know that-wasn't blaming them! i don't rate Bennett, gets himself in some horror positions during games and switches off-he's better than Cunningham-it seems-but that's not really that difficult.
    you don't like anyone in our team

That's his job, to defend-It's the other aspects of his game that suffer in my opinion, the stuff that should come naturally. I'd rather he stay in position and not switch off for the majority of games rather than the odd bit of brilliance on the goal line.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    At the moment, you're right

That's his job, to defend-It's the other aspects of his game that suffer in my opinion, the stuff that should come naturally. I'd rather he stay in position and not switch off for the majority of games rather than the odd bit of brilliance on the goal line.
    I meant switch off at times during a game, not the majority of games-that would be harsh and untrue

Actually, i like Peltier-He's the only one who doesn't try anything above his station-clever man. And Mendez because he makes me laugh when he tries to control the ball.

Actually, i like Peltier-He's the only one who doesn't try anything above his station-clever man. And Mendez because he makes me laugh when he tries to control the ball.
    but hes useless at this level, i just couldn't even be bothered to criticise the team that much today because that performance was that bad even dlm couldnt defend what we saw today, sometimes i wonder if nml actually means to kick the ball past defenders to try and run past them or if he just miss controlled it

but hes useless at this level, i just couldn't even be bothered to criticise the team that much today because that performance was that bad even dlm couldnt defend what we saw today, sometimes i wonder if nml actually means to kick the ball past defenders to try and run past them or if he just miss controlled it
    I know, i remember watching him against Sheff Wed last season on Sky. He took his first touch which went about five yards from him, his second hit a defender and came back to him, his third hit his knee, he then ran the ball out of play-me and my boy were pissing ourselves-you could see Grujic thinking 'What the ****'......

He will be on tomorrow defending it. NQAT.

And he nearly cost us the game with what was a definite penalty, he was all over the place with the header that went nowhere, by the time he realised what he'd done he was grasping at their player for dear life.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    And he nearly cost us the game with what was a definite penalty, he was all over the place with the header that went nowhere, by the time he realised what he'd done he was grasping at their player for dear life.
    Straying back to the original threadI mean Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    It was not a definite penalty at all. The foul was outside the box for starters.

I thought Manga looked head and shoulders above everyone else yesterday, which wasn't difficult! Even covering in the middle for Morrison who, let's be honest, is being terribly exposed at this level. Manga put in some decent crosses too considering he is playing out of position.

It was not a definite penalty at all. The foul was outside the box for starters.
    Agreed, According to the rules the infringement started outside the box therefore it should have been a free kick, plus a yellow card.

If there is a foul on an attacker which starts outside the penalty area and continues inside then a penalty should be awarded. Them's the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If there is a foul on an attacker which starts outside the penalty area and continues inside then a penalty should be awarded. Them's the rules.
    Depends if the foul was given for a trip or holding