+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pelanty of Hoilett

Pelanty of Hoilett

Looked like it at the time, video reply shows Hadergjonaj never got near the ball & took Junior out. Pelanty & a red card.

https://twitter.com/JardineOfficial/...96216139862017

Just discovered you can't edit a title, never mind! Should have read Pelanty on Hoilett

Re: Pelanty of Hoilett

Would have been a yellow but looks like a pen

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Would have been a yellow but looks like a pen
    I can't be sure whether there was contact, i'd be surprised if there wasn't, it happened so quickly.

Thought it was a pen at the time. Saw it on repaly twice when heading to the gents shortly after and looked every inch a pen. Very much like a few I've conceded in the past myself when trying to recover a completely lost cause as the last defender.

Just watched match of the day - wasn't a pen

Theirs was - we got away with it

Lee Mason was still shocking though

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

Why no pen Dean ?

Laughing my head off when aLineksr said he thought it wasn’t, the guy goes thriugh the back of Hoillet.

As for theirs, the Huddersfield guy pulls on Bennett and starts going down outside the box.

Compare that to Gunnarsson last week
    We deserved nothing , although the MOTD highlights show nearly all the chances for us, but bloody hell that ref was shite- and more shite for us than them

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Why no pen Dean ?

Laughing my head off when aLineksr said he thought it wasn’t, the guy goes thriugh the back of Hoillet.

As for theirs, the Huddersfield guy pulls on Bennett and starts going down outside the box.

Compare that to Gunnarsson last week
    We deserved nothing , although the MOTD highlights show nearly all the chances for us, but bloody hell that ref was shite- and more shite for us than them
    Looked like their full back got the ball before Hoilett - he was in front of him as well

If it was the other way round we would be furious re the non penalty for them and it would be an anti Cardiff campaign

Mind you I've been washing my eyes since I've got in trying to get that game out of my memory

Lee Mason is a dreadful referee

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

If you watch the attached footage, freeze it at 12 seconds & then move the cursor back & forward, you'll see that Hadge doesn't touch the ball (watch the stripes on the ball they do not deviate from their path) and he takes Junior out.

The defender is going for the ball before Hoilett gets past him. He gets the ball just as Hoilett gets past.
    Not a pelanty. It's the type of interception that Tony Adams was known for.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The defender is going for the ball before Hoilett gets past him. He gets the ball just as Hoilett gets past.
    Not a pelanty. It's the type of interception that Tony Adams was known for.
    Yep I've made a few of them in my time,but its was usually deemed a penalty when both the ball and player end up on the adjacent pitch ,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Looked like it at the time, video reply shows Hadergjonaj never got near the ball & took Junior out. Pelanty & a red card.

https://twitter.com/JardineOfficial/...96216139862017

Just discovered you can't edit a title, never mind! Should have read Pelanty on Hoilett
    Yes was for me an obvious penalty when viewed in real time on the PC monitor, decision equalled out by the non-award of the penalty for them at the end of the game, terrible ref but he did even the decisions out. A point a piece was a better result for Cardiff but it really was an awful game of very low quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Yes was for me an obvious penalty when viewed in real time on the PC monitor, decision equalled out by the non-award of the penalty for them at the end of the game, terrible ref but he did even the decisions out. A point a piece was a better result for Cardiff but it really was an awful game of very low quality.
    Agree with all of that - the Hoilett foul was a penalty but hard to give; the penalty claim against Bennett was very soft and outside the box but the foul on Bennett that came first that produced the penalty decision reversal was even softer - bizarre; Mason's performance was awful all day.

I had a 410 mile round trip to watch the worst performance of the season (if not longer) from two clueless teams (we were worse) that looked relegation certainties. The distance and the cost definitely adds to the pain!

Not a pen for me