+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Cardiff’s limitations laid bare in goalless bore with Premier League’s bottom club.

Re: Lucky Cardiff’s limitations laid bare in goalless bore with Premier League’s bottom club.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    As for ours, watching it over and over again the Huddersfield defender doesn’t take the ball at all - he takes Hoillet’s heel and Hoillet is actually the one who contacts the ball.
    In your opinion. Not mine or the ex-professionals analysing the game for MOTD.

As for why the Huddersfield penalty was overruled, they looked at that in reasonable depth and felt the officials had a made a mistake. So did I. And you know as well as I do that you'd be absolutely livid if the roles had been reversed and it was City who were on the end of a such a decision.

Re: Lucky Cardiff’s limitations laid bare in goalless bore with Premier League’s bottom club.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

As for why the Huddersfield penalty was overruled, they looked at that in reasonable depth and felt the officials had a made a mistake. So did I. And you know as well as I do that you'd be absolutely livid if the roles had been reversed and it was City who were on the end of a such a decision.
    This is a like an on going playground spat between the 2 biggest nerds in the school 😂.
    Ever since the rebrand you’ve had it in for Lawnmower. It’s been played out on here quite comically at times.
    I’m guessing you’ve known each other for yrs and had mutual respect for each other till the big split??
    For the last few yrs you’ve been like a dog with a bone. Constantly sniping at him, but he doesnt bite and it irritates your ego.
    Am I right or wrong? Honest answers only please 😁

Those ex- professionals didn’t seem interested at all in our penalty, they just brushed it off as they were more interested in the Huddersfield one.
    As I said, Bennett was fouled first, did they even mention that ? As that’s why it was overturned.

I certainly don’t need them to make my mind up when I’ve got videos and freeze frames from a cracking angle to help me.

If you have already made your mind up then that’s up to you, but I found the video very useful in making mine up.

I’m sure if we’d been given our penalty you’d be straight in here telling us that we shouldn’t have had it. It works both ways

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    This is a like an on going playground spat between the 2 biggest nerds in the school 😂.
    Ever since the rebrand you’ve had it in for Lawnmower. It’s been played out on here quite comically at times.
    I’m guessing you’ve known each other for yrs and had mutual respect for each other till the big split??
    For the last few yrs you’ve been like a dog with a bone. Constantly sniping at him, but he doesnt bite and it irritates your ego.
    I still have respect for Dave. I see him occasionally at games and often have a chat.

He’s been helpful to me in the past, arranging coaches and tickets for aways for me and my lad. Helping set the Supporters Trust up etc..
    I don’t forget that.

He’s probably the most pedantic person I know, but that’s not a crime.

He probably just enjoys winding me up on here as he knows I’ll bite 😂

The Penalty was overturned for a foul on Bennet 1st. Did the MOTD experts discuss it?

I thought they were better than us , we were dreadful, therefore it was a great point one ,might keep us up .

Chess can be exciting.

As a kid I played all round the country for Wales and also won a fair bit of money in tournaments and on holidays against cocky foreigners who think we are all thick as shit.
    So you mowed them up , like a Welsh grand master🍾🤔😥

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    So you mowed them up , like a Welsh grand master🍾🤔😥
    Never got to that level.

Packed it in when I was 18.

Couldn’t play in most winter tournaments as I was playing footy or watching City

Plus I was bored with it and preferred getting pissed

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The Penalty was overturned for a foul on Bennet 1st. Did the MOTD experts discuss it?
    The MOTD didn't discuss a foul on Bennett on account of the fact that there wasn't a foul on Bennett.

The MOTD didn't discuss a foul on Bennett on account of the fact that there wasn't a foul on Bennett.
    Even though that’s what the linesman has called it back for 😂

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I know Tim reasonably well, I like him and I respect almost all of his opinions on general football issues, but he's so one-eyed when it comes to Cardiff City that he's almost a cyclops. I find it very funny at times. I used to be reasonably biased where City are concerned - most football fans are - but some take it to different levels. When you've taken a step back and no longer actively support a club yourself, the bias seems increasingly ridiculous as time passes. Football fans really will tell you black is white and vice versa if they think it shows their team in a better light. Tim's a great example of that, but he's not quite worst offender on this site. He is, however, the one I know best on a personal level.

Even though that’s what the linesman has called it back for ��
    Apparently, but there was no foul at all. The linesman saw something nobody else did. Bennett got himself in awful position and as soon as he realised that he began to impede his opponent. He wasn't fouled at any stage. The look on his face said it all.

Thats was the refs decision though after speaking to the linesman.

Those ex- professionals didn’t seem interested at all in our penalty, they just brushed it off as they were more interested in the Huddersfield one.
    Of course they were more interested in that one. It was the main story of the game by a distance. The referee gave a penalty and then overturned his own decision on the advice of a linesman - something that very, very rarely happens.

On Soccer Saturday, Paul Merson (someone who has regularly talked up City this season) didn't even report the Hoilett incident, presumably because he didn't think it was worthy of mentioning. I can understand that as it didn't look like a penalty in real time and the replay clearly showed the defender got the ball. However, apparently you have a freeze frame from Twitter that proves otherwise.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Thats was the refs decision though after speaking to the linesman.
    Indeed. The linesman made a mistake. Simple as that.

Of course they were more interested in that one. It was the main story of the game by a distance. The referee gave a penalty and then overturned his own decision on the advice of a linesman - something that very, very rarely happens.

On Soccer Saturday, Paul Merson (someone who has regularly talked up City this season) didn't even report the Hoilett incident, presumably because he didn't think it was worthy of mentioning. I can understand that as it didn't look like a penalty in real time and the replay clearly showed the defender got the ball. However, apparently you have a freeze frame from Twitter that proves otherwise.....

It doesn’t help his argument that the freeze frame he’s put up on another forum shows the defenders boot touching the ball and his one eye can’t see that the defender is wearing the same colour boots as our kit.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I thought they were better than us , we were dreadful, therefore it was a great point one ,might keep us up .
    If we stay up by one point or if we go down by two points yesterdays game will be seen differently at the end of the season to what we're feeling now.

Its debatsble whether it was a pen or a free kick as the foul started outside the box. If it was a free kick Bennett would have been sent off as well

Surprised MOTD didn't mention Camarasa getting punched in the stomach

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its debatsble whether it was a pen or a free kick as the foul started outside the box.
    From the FA's own guide to interpreting the rules of the game on their website:

"If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding him inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick."

From the FA's own guide to interpreting the rules of the game on their website:

"If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding him inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick."
    Depends wether it was viewed as holding though? He starts to fall into him and trip him outside the box and he only wraps his arm around for good measure at the end.

It’s not like he was holding him from outside the box to inside it as suggested by that ruling.

I was right behind the trajectory of that City shot in the second minute of the second half. If Pat had managed to jump another inch or two, he would have scored with a glancing header.

Such small margins...

The interpretation applies to all fouls that begin outside the area and continue inside. It’s something that has been clarified a number of times in recent years as there have been several similar cases. You only need Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Wrong link I think Paul. No report.
    Is it there now Des? It's fine on my browser.

The interpretation applies to all fouls that begin outside the area and continue inside. It’s something that has been clarified a number of times in recent years as there have been several similar cases. You only need Google it.
    Such as?

I know Tim reasonably well, I like him and I respect almost all of his opinions on general football issues, but he's so one-eyed when it comes to Cardiff City that he's almost a cyclops. I find it very funny at times. I used to be reasonably biased where City are concerned - most football fans are - but some take it to different levels. When you've taken a step back and no longer actively support a club yourself, the bias seems increasingly ridiculous as time passes. Football fans really will tell you black is white and vice versa if they think it shows their team in a better light. Tim's a great example of that, but he's not quite worst offender on this site. He is, however, the one I know best on a personal level.
    On the other hand some people try so hard to be unbiased that they go too far the other way.