+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lucky Cardiff’s limitations laid bare in goalless bore with Premier League’s bottom club.

Re: Lucky Cardiff’s limitations laid bare in goalless bore with Premier League’s bottom club.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It doesn’t help his argument that the freeze frame he’s put up on another forum shows the defenders boot touching the ball and his one eye can’t see that the defender is wearing the same colour boots as our kit.
    Only through your magic eyes where Hoillet has an invisible leg it does.
    😂

Re: Lucky Cardiff’s limitations laid bare in goalless bore with Premier League’s bottom club.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Of course they were more interested in that one. It was the main story of the game by a distance. The referee gave a penalty and then overturned his own decision on the advice of a linesman - something that very, very rarely happens.

On Soccer Saturday, Paul Merson (someone who has regularly talked up City this season) didn't even report the Hoilett incident, presumably because he didn't think it was worthy of mentioning. I can understand that as it didn't look like a penalty in real time and the replay clearly showed the defender got the ball. However, apparently you have a freeze frame from Twitter that proves otherwise.....

Indeed, and a video and comments from dozens who saw it both live and on the video who nearly all thought it was a penalty.

It’s not just that, it’s the angle the ball goes, the angle of the challenge, the Huddersfield player coming in from behind, the way Hoillet goes down.

Never mind though, Paul Merson didn’t mention it , 👍

Apparently, but there was no foul at all. The linesman saw something nobody else did. Bennett got himself in awful position and as soon as he realised that he began to impede his opponent. He wasn't fouled at any stage. The look on his face said it all.
    He impeded the attacker, yes, that caused the Huddersfield player to foul him, but foul him he did and it’s irrelevant that the original block was what led to the foul- it’s still a foul.

So free kick for obstruction/blocking , or if that’s ignored then it’s a free kick to City for the foul on Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He impeded the attacker, yes, that caused the Huddersfield player to foul him, but foul him he did and it’s irrelevant that the original block was what led to the foul- it’s still a foul.

So free kick for obstruction/blocking , or if that’s ignored then it’s a free kick to City for the foul on Bennett.
    There was no foul on Bennett. None at all. It doesn't matter, though. By almost all accounts, the result was the right one at the end of the day - a 0-0 draw after a very poor game between two very poor sides by Premier League standards.

There was no foul on Bennett. None at all. It doesn't matter, though. By almost all accounts, the result was the right one at the end of the day - a 0-0 draw after a very poor game between two very poor sides by Premier League standards.
    In fairness, they deserved it more than us. We were very poor. They just lacked a cutting edge.

Didn’t you see the game ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    In fairness, they deserved it more than us. We were very poor. They just lacked a cutting edge.

Didn’t you see the game ?
    No, not this one, just the highlights (if they can be described as such). Merson made me laugh with his summing-up on Soccer Saturday. He said the game started off brightly enough, but quickly became like a trip to the dentist when you have an injection to numb the pain but it eventually wears off and you can feel the dentist at work.

He was actually looking forward to it beforehand and said he thought it would be quite open and exciting. He soon changed his tune.

I'll probably be watching the Newcastle game next week with a few mates, but after yesterday I'm not so sure it's a good idea.

No, not this one, just the highlights (if they can be described as such). Merson made me laugh with his summing-up on Soccer Saturday. He said the game started off brightly enough, but quickly became like a trip to the dentist when you have an injection to numb the pain but it eventually wears off and you can feel the dentist at work.

He was actually looking forward to it beforehand and said he thought it would be quite open and exciting. He soon changed his tune.

I'll probably be watching the Newcastle game next week with a few mates, but after yesterday I'm not so sure it's a good idea.

I was looking forward to it too, as I thought it would be end to end with both sides needing to win.
    However neither had the quality to do so and everyone seemed a bag of nerves, including the officials.

There was a fair bit of drama, and a few decent moments, mostly from them, but also a nice bit of skill from NML 2nd half and some decent play from Manga - believe it or not ! Hoillet also did some decent stuff, but was left isolated too much.

But our midfield was awful, Gunnar and Arter just played as spoilers and Camerasa was poor, gave the ball away regularly- often because the Anthill mob ( Gunnar and Artur) has charged off upfield whilst Camerasa was facing his own goal with 3 men on him.

Overall though it was rough and the highlights actually flattered us. And yes, that’s from Mr Biased 😂

After the game i couldn't even remember us having a shot. I also didnt know what people were talking about regarding the Hoillet penalty claim.

Im glad i didnt drive yesterday as the 5 pints helped.

Saying that i preferred it to the Spurs game and the hammerings by the 2 Manchester clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Thats was the refs decision though after speaking to the linesman.
    He didn't give us a free kick, I assume the decision was that there wasn't a foul by either player.

That was a worryingly lifeless performance. We were bossed for the large part of the game by the leagues bottom team, 14 shots to 3 and 10 corners to 3 FFS. If they had anyone who could finish they’d have buried us. The three in midfield hardly got on the ball, Paterson was totally immobile and every time we attacked it was three against six or seven. Mendez Laing had a good game despite the fact that he had no help from Bruno going forward (hint – he isn’t a full back) but that aside we were bloody lucky to get a point.

It was one of those games that you’d hope was just a bad day at the office, God knows we won’t stay up playing like that every week. The sooner we sign a proper full back or put Paterson there the better. Get Bruno in the middle where he belongs and bench Morrison who sadly looks out of his depth at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    That was a worryingly lifeless performance. We were bossed for the large part of the game by the leagues bottom team, 14 shots to 3 and 10 corners to 3 FFS. If they had anyone who could finish they’d have buried us. The three in midfield hardly got on the ball, Paterson was totally immobile and every time we attacked it was three against six or seven. Mendez Laing had a good game despite the fact that he had no help from Bruno going forward (hint – he isn’t a full back) but that aside we were bloody lucky to get a point.

It was one of those games that you’d hope was just a bad day at the office, God knows we won’t stay up playing like that every week. The sooner we sign a proper full back or put Paterson there the better. Get Bruno in the middle where he belongs and bench Morrison who sadly looks out of his depth at this level.
    Paterson would be horribly out of his depth playing at right back in the Premier League. Warnock wasn't joking when he said that Paterson can't defend.