+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Arter suspended for Newcastle?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Is Arter suspended for Newcastle?

Has picked up 5 yellows so far?

Re: Is Arter suspended for Newcastle?

He's got more than 5 hasn't he? I'm sure he's already served a one game ban

I'm sure it starts gain in January

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Second half lunge should have been his second yellow yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Just checked ... he has 6 so far.

https://www.premierleague.com/player...ts?co=1&se=210

We're in the stage of the season now where someone needs to have been booked ten times to serve a suspension.

Probably the only way he's getting a well-earned rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    Probably the only way he's getting a well-earned rest...
    He will be rested against Bournemouth and the week after next we’ve got a week off.

I was expecting him to get sent off yesterday

He doesn't do careful 😄

He run around like a headless chicken yesterday. He couldn’t get close to them to put a challenge in and the one time he did he got booked.

The Harry Arter I remember at Bournemouth was busy and a good footballer too. I don’t know if it’s 5/6 months of Warnock ball but he looks a shadow of the player he was at Bournemouth.

he'll probably slide tackle his own mother this week and get another one to add to the pile

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He doesn't do careful ��
    His nickname should be 'The Late' Harry Arter, for obvious reasons-He'd get booked during a kick about with his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He run around like a headless chicken yesterday. He couldn’t get close to them to put a challenge in and the one time he did he got booked.

The Harry Arter I remember at Bournemouth was busy and a good footballer too. I don’t know if it’s 5/6 months of Warnock ball but he looks a shadow of the player he was at Bournemouth.
    He's the kind of player who needs two 'better' players alongside him. He can do the running and give the ball to them. I can't see what other people see in him, he lacks anticipation and his positional play isn't great-there's a shout that he should have gone yesterday after he was late (again) during a challenge in the second half. I also think that Camarasa is overated by our fans, not surprising really as we haven't been spoilt in the creative department. He has some nice touches, but lacks pace, strength, can't head a ball or tackle. Maybe he'd look better with others around him who could play and with a manager who allows his team to create and move.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's the kind of player who needs two 'better' players alongside him. He can do the running and give the ball to them. I can't see what other people see in him, he lacks anticipation and his positional play isn't great-there's a shout that he should have gone yesterday after he was late (again) during a challenge in the second half. I also think that Camarasa is overated by our fans, not surprising really as we haven't been spoilt in the creative department. He has some nice touches, but lacks pace, strength, can't head a ball or tackle. Maybe he'd look better with others around him who could play and with a manager who allows his team to create and move.
    Also quote from another post

"He (Arter) run around like a headless chicken yesterday. He couldn’t get close to them to put a challenge in and the one time he did he got booked.

The Harry Arter I remember at Bournemouth was busy and a good footballer too. I don’t know if it’s 5/6 months of Warnock ball but he looks a shadow of the player he was at Bournemouth."

You can say what you like about Arter but yesterday he was the only player to come out of the game with any credit. He ran his socks off and tried from first to last. As for Camarasa, Warnock stated after the game he should not have played due to injury but we were so short of replacements he had to play both him and Paterson. His comments made me wonder why we are loaning out players before replacements are signed. I know Madine is rubbish but if Paterson is injured, as he is, we have no replacement other than Rhys Healey who on yesterday's performance was only there for the throw ins and not even these were very good.

I love him, doesn't stop working

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Also quote from another post

"He (Arter) run around like a headless chicken yesterday. He couldn’t get close to them to put a challenge in and the one time he did he got booked.

The Harry Arter I remember at Bournemouth was busy and a good footballer too. I don’t know if it’s 5/6 months of Warnock ball but he looks a shadow of the player he was at Bournemouth."

You can say what you like about Arter but yesterday he was the only player to come out of the game with any credit. He ran his socks off and tried from first to last. As for Camarasa, Warnock stated after the game he should not have played due to injury but we were so short of replacements he had to play both him and Paterson. His comments made me wonder why we are loaning out players before replacements are signed. I know Madine is rubbish but if Paterson is injured, as he is, we have no replacement other than Rhys Healey who on yesterday's performance was only there for the throw ins and not even these were very good.
    I think that fans are impressed by effort, even if it's futile or is just showing how limited a team or player is. As a club, we've always loved a grafter, yet talented players have split opinion, 'Trying' should be a prerequisite for a footballer. I know that i'm in the minority, but i just don't rate Camarasa that highly at the moment-maybe a couple of additions will show us his true worth. Agree with you about Madine, he's shite, but at least he's a centre forward of some kind. It comes to something when our only back up is a player who has been out on loan to a league 2 side and the bloke infront of him isn't a natural striker.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I love him, doesn't stop working
    But is it productive?

You've been in a foul mood recently regarding the team. I think we've got it now. You hate all the players and want us to play better football. I'm sure everyone does. Not sure what you want to happen that is likely or affordable

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    You've been in a foul mood recently regarding the team. I think we've got it now. You hate all the players and want us to play better football. I'm sure everyone does. Not sure what you want to happen that is likely or affordable
    We can’t really do a lot on that score.

Maybe a little, like short balls from the keeper, but if we try to play like Huddersfield do then we will end up with even less points than them.

Over the last 10 or so games we are mid table.

Last few home games have been tough, 2 top sides and a team fighting for their lives.

Some strange selections have been made and strange decisions and yes, we need some new blood in, but we aren’t in the bottom 3, have 19 points and apart from against the top 6 sides we’ve held our own overall.

The doom and gloom to me seems over the top.

Huge game next Saturday, lose that and it’ll look a lot worse, win it and the table will look healthy again

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    You sound like my wife, Are you my wife? I don't hate anyone but i do want us to play better football. What i would like is for the manager to install a philosophy where we at least try to play a bit. I know that that isn't going to happen. We've got players who seem to have got worse, we can't even string three passes together, that's a disgrace. If the majority of fans want to accept that, then that's up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    We can’t really do a lot on that score.

Maybe a little, like short balls from the keeper, but if we try to play like Huddersfield do then we will end up with even less points than them.

Over the last 10 or so games we are mid table.

Last few home games have been tough, 2 top sides and a team fighting for their lives.

Some strange selections have been made and strange decisions and yes, we need some new blood in, but we aren’t in the bottom 3, have 19 points and apart from against the top 6 sides we’ve held our own overall.

The doom and gloom to me seems over the top.

Huge game next Saturday, lose that and it’ll look a lot worse, win it and the table will look healthy again
    That's basically how I see it too. We knew this season would be one of the toughest we've ever seen in terms of us being likely to avoid relegation. I understand it's the hope that kills you, and we've given ourselves hope, but the doom and gloom on here is a bit OTT given how we've performed so far AND that the January window has yet to close.

If we don't get in some decent reinforcements soon then things do look a lot more bleak - yet even then the worst that will happen is that we'll go down with a decent financial situation that we couldn't have hoped for last year.

But is it productive?
    The best work he does is destructive, he wins the ball and stops attacks a lot

You sound like my wife, Are you my wife?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

I love his effort but his passing is limited and loves a slide tackle a little too much.

Oh and can't shoot for toffee.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The best work he does is destructive, he wins the ball and stops attacks a lot
    Yeah, he does do that from time to time, but for me he spends most of the game reacting, he wastes so much energy chasing lost causes. I mentioned that maybe he needs better players around him so that his work rate is maximised, give the ball to them etc. I don't rate him as a footballer, what was he like at Bournemouth?