+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Arter suspended for Newcastle?

Re: Is Arter suspended for Newcastle?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    That's basically how I see it too. We knew this season would be one of the toughest we've ever seen in terms of us being likely to avoid relegation. I understand it's the hope that kills you, and we've given ourselves hope, but the doom and gloom on here is a bit OTT given how we've performed so far AND that the January window has yet to close.

If we don't get in some decent reinforcements soon then things do look a lot more bleak - yet even then the worst that will happen is that we'll go down with a decent financial situation that we couldn't have hoped for last year.
    I think the issue in terms of people going OTT is that the summer transfer window was a bit all over the place, we certainlyly got some players in early but never addressed areas like striker and right back and left the midfield signings right at the end! In fact Camarasa’s signing was almost a fluke as we were scouting Arter at the time.

So fast forward to January and building on the experiences of the summer and as the season has developed showing where we are short, I think most people thought we would acted quickly to address this. And with the Clyne saga moving on like Grujic in the summer Warnock moaning about how hard it it is to secure transfers, it appears that lessons have not be learned and any incomings will probably go down to the last day. That’s fine but we’ve probably missed opportunities to have players to help us try to beat rival teams - Huddersfield was our last home against a bottom 6 club, Newcastle obviously next.

I don’t think many of us expected to be in the position we are at the moment, and whilst not a gimme that strengthening the squad will secure safety, it will feel like a bit of wasted opportunity if we do to start to fall off without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You sound like my wife, Are you my wife? I don't hate anyone but i do want us to play better football. What i would like is for the manager to install a philosophy where we at least try to play a bit. I know that that isn't going to happen. We've got players who seem to have got worse, we can't even string three passes together, that's a disgrace. If the majority of fans want to accept that, then that's up to them.
    I suspect Fulham and Huddersfield fans would trade trying to play a bit for a few more points. It would of course be nice to see free-flowing, easy-on-the-eye football, but I'll be happy if we can keep out of the relegation places this season by hook or by crook. And whilst we are I find it difficult to be too critical.

Yeah, he does do that from time to time, but for me he spends most of the game reacting, he wastes so much energy chasing lost causes. I mentioned that maybe he needs better players around him so that his work rate is maximised, give the ball to them etc. I don't rate him as a footballer, what was he like at Bournemouth?

Bournemouth are a different class to City and play far more football. Arter would have been surrounded by higher quality players.
    When I watch him it looks like he loses it out of pure frustration ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I suspect Fulham and Huddersfield fans would trade trying to play a bit for a few more points. It would of course be nice to see free-flowing, easy-on-the-eye football, but I'll be happy if we can keep out of the relegation places this season by hook or by crook. And whilst we are I find it difficult to be too critical.
    Free flowing football? Nah, i'm not after that, a balance would be nice!

When we played Arsenal, we passed the ball really well, broke quickly etc which gave me real hope for this season. We've gone back to hoofball again. How can we play the bottom of the table team, on a 9 match losing run, have no shots on target and just 4 attempts all game. Oh, and hanging on for a point at the end. Unbelievable really 🙄

Yeah, he does do that from time to time, but for me he spends most of the game reacting, he wastes so much energy chasing lost causes. I mentioned that maybe he needs better players around him so that his work rate is maximised, give the ball to them etc. I don't rate him as a footballer, what was he like at Bournemouth?
    No idea to be honest, and you're probably right that he needs better players around him. I think "from time to time" is a little harsh, he seems like a real pain in the ass to play against