+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry town- top of Welsh premier league at the split. Thanks to city academy

Re: Barry town- top of Welsh premier league at the split. Thanks to city academy

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    your lad chris Hugh on the scoresheet for Wales futsal in there 3-2 win against Ireland over in Moldova father

Yes missed the dentist today! 2-0 defeat at Caernarfon.

Any wales home futsal games coming up?

Re: Barry town- top of Welsh premier league at the split. Thanks to city academy

nothing planned for this season father and the FAW national futsal finals in April are up in north wales this season so not much going on in the south till next season

our lads flying back tomorrow afternoon after a long week of training and 3 games over there

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Do you think he was showing more talent than coxe? Our academy has been frustrating and it just feels these lads are not going to get a chance no matter how good they are looking in from the outside
    The question was directed at Loramski, but I'll give my opinion if I may. I reckon that, from watching the two of them for a few years at club and country level that Coxe is/was always slightly ahead of Abbruzzesse, but the decision to release the latter at the end of last season still came as a shock to me. I suppose the club might say that the time when a young player is up for a second pro deal is the time when such decisions should be made and, in principle, I would agree with them there, but I think an exception could be made in the case of someone who was such a regular choice at Wales Under 21 level when he was a teenager.

I reckon Loramski has got it right when he talks about our manager's attitude towards full back play, but I'd say that Coxe and Abbruzzessee were two of the more competitive young players produced by City in recent years and neither of them were exposed defensively too often in the matches I've seen them play at various levels down the years.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The question was directed at Loramski, but I'll give my opinion if I may. I reckon that, from watching the two of them for a few years at club and country level that Coxe is/was always slightly ahead of Abbruzzesse, but the decision to release the latter at the end of last season still came as a shock to me. I suppose the club might say that the time when a young player is up for a second pro deal is the time when such decisions should be made and, in principle, I would agree with them there, but I think an exception could be made in the case of someone who was such a regular choice at Wales Under 21 level when he was a teenager.

I reckon Loramski has got it right when he talks about our manager's attitude towards full back play, but I'd say that Coxe and Abbruzzessee were two of the more competitive young players produced by City in recent years and neither of them were exposed defensively too often in the matches I've seen them play at various levels down the years.
    Thanks Paul, I seem to remember you would regularly give good feedback for him

Qqq

Thank you. Was hoping you and loramski would see this and comment.

Barry town v bala at jenner park next Saturday at 7.30 live on sgorio if any of you wany to go along or watch on TV to watch any of the plauers mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yes barry have a song for every player. Drums, horns, sirens, bells the lot!

You are spot on on the philosophy. I mentioned macauley southam hales the ex city right back in the OP- should be some news on him in next day or so.
    https://twitter.com/barrytownunited/...366551559?s=21

Macauley Southam Hales has signed for league 1 fleetwood.

Joey Barton must read this message board. ;-)

https://twitter.com/barrytownunited/...366551559?s=21

Macauley Southam Hales has signed for league 1 fleetwood.

Joey Barton must read this message board. ;-)
    Congratulations to Macauley, good move for him.

Congratulations to Macauley, good move for him.
    https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news...-the-cod-army/

Father are barry due to play cardiff met at any point between now and end of season in either league or cup ? would like to take a nose at a welsh prem game this season

caught this tweet from the welsh fa yesterday here's your star/dentist celebrating with my lad after they scored there first goal against northern ireland !

https://twitter.com/Cymru/status/1091717106486394880

Father are barry due to play cardiff met at any point between now and end of season in either league or cup ? would like to take a nose at a welsh prem game this season

caught this tweet from the welsh fa yesterday here's your star/dentist celebrating with my lad after they scored there first goal against northern ireland !

https://twitter.com/Cymru/status/1091717106486394880
    Nice pic!

No the league has split into 2 now with top 6 and bottom 6 and the met didn’t quite make the top half this year.

Both sides still in the welsh cup though and Europe play offs possible also.

cheers father keep us posted on here if they meet up in welsh cup

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Do you think he was showing more talent than coxe? Our academy has been frustrating and it just feels these lads are not going to get a chance no matter how good they are looking in from the outside
    Sorry, I didn't answer your question there. I was too busy trying to avoid the point you were making about the Academy, we've gone round in circles about that so many times on here it's become frustrating to talk about how frustrating it is. Our loss seems to have been Barry's gain for now, good luck to them.

I never felt there was much between Coxe and Abbruzzese, I'm not sure why the latter fell out of favour so rapidly here. I'll be interested to find out how he does at Barry, hopefully Father Dougal will keep us in touch. Southam's move to Fleetwood will give all those boys a lift I guess. It sounds like Barry play the kind of football that the Cardiff lads played here and now they know there's a chance of a jump to playing in the Football League, they shouldn't lack for motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Sorry, I didn't answer your question there. I was too busy trying to avoid the point you were making about the Academy, we've gone round in circles about that so many times on here it's become frustrating to talk about how frustrating it is. Our loss seems to have been Barry's gain for now, good luck to them.

I never felt there was much between Coxe and Abbruzzese, I'm not sure why the latter fell out of favour so rapidly here. I'll be interested to find out how he does at Barry, hopefully Father Dougal will keep us in touch. Southam's move to Fleetwood will give all those boys a lift I guess. It sounds like Barry play the kind of football that the Cardiff lads played here and now they know there's a chance of a jump to playing in the Football League, they shouldn't lack for motivation.
    Yes while macauley southam hales is a loss to barry and the league its a real inspiration to the rest of them. Aston villa Ipswich and Bristol rovers are 3 others i know have been at barry games recently to have a look. I am surprised robbie patten hasn't been picked up yet but it won't be far off as he's too good for the league in my opinion.

What i will say In fairness to the city academy the attitude of all the lads from Cardiff is spot on. They are respectful to officials and do not stop running. The stereotype may suggest the 'pampered' academy boys may not fancy it at connahs quay and Caernarfon away with up to 6 hour journeys each way- alongside working full time jobs! But thats just not the case. City should take some credit for that i think. They all just seem to love playing football.

Macauley actually joins wes burns at fleetwood- another barry boy but he was at Cardiff and Bristol city academies. Think released by cardiff at 16/17? Talk of championship clubs in for him as he's got a few goals this year.

Robbie's older brother kyle is a very good player too. went to Newport county then Merthyr after leaving the academy . must be around 25 now I wonder if he's still playing . ?

another great young player who was let go by the city was Curtis Hutson pretty sure he went onto play for port Talbot and your lot barry town . I wonder if he's floating around the football circles these days too .

Robbie's older brother kyle is a very good player too. went to Newport county then Merthyr after leaving the academy . must be around 25 now I wonder if he's still playing . ?

another great young player who was let go by the city was Curtis Hutson pretty sure he went onto play for port Talbot and your lot barry town . I wonder if he's floating around the football circles these days too .
    https://clwbpeldroed.org/2018/07/25/...curtis-hutson/

My youngest went to junior school with Curtis. He's a good lad. I randomly found myself up against him at gol not long ago, he was very sharp. Not good enough to score past me but there's no shame in that.

A few articles on him online. An interesting one here from a few years ago, I wasn't aware of all this.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/l...ot-pro-2053502

thanks for that reply loramski and I,ve never see that report before from ic wales

I was Curtis manager/ coach for 2 years when I was running a junior side before he got signed for the city along with my lad so I knew how good he was then and remember going to his dads funeral . his dad was a top bloke .I,m glad he's still playing the game a very dedicated young man

Yes i think kyle is still at merthyr. Keenan Patten doing really well for the academy and Wales also so be great to see him make it all the way.

Yes Curtis hutson played at jenner park this year in the welsh cup for Penybont actually. Penybont have a tidy side and are building a good club- they will be in the Welsh premier league soon I'm sure- almost certainly next season and from what i saw v barry (they took it to extra time) they will do well.

thanks for that reply loramski and I,ve never see that report before from ic wales

I was Curtis manager/ coach for 2 years when I was running a junior side before he got signed for the city along with my lad so I knew how good he was then and remember going to his dads funeral . his dad was a top bloke .I,m glad he's still playing the game a very dedicated young man
    I just mentioned Curtis to my missus, she said she'd spoken to his mum in Canton only last week. She's a good woman too, I'm sure she was a tower of strength for Curtis and helped him through the bad times.

https://wpl.cymru/news/Southam-Hales...r-Park/116569/

Interesting comments from macauley here about city academy- says he wishes he would have experienced proper men's football before leaving.

https://wpl.cymru/news/Southam-Hales...r-Park/116569/

Interesting comments from macauley here about city academy- says he wishes he would have experienced proper men's football before leaving.
    Good article, thanks for that.

The whole area of youth development is so complicated, it's hard to get your head around. Southam is muddying the waters even more for me. He was a full time footballer here till the age of 21 but no one even wanted to take him on loan. When he left here no one fancied him so he went part time with Barry, a year or so later he's good enough to move to a decent League 1 team. It's bizarre.

The change of position has obviously made a difference in Macauley's case but what lessons can City take out of this? Try everyone in different positions? Surely not. Send more youngsters out on loan? This seems to be getting harder to do and what if no one wants our players anyway as seemed to be the case here? What if they do go but don't play, like Mark Harris at Newport recently?

Not every player needs a loan spell though. Lads like Winks, Rashford and Alexander-Arnold have gone straight into top Premier sides so maybe it's not that crucial to go out on loan. Just play them and they'll develop but how did that go for youngsters like Ben Nugent and Declan John here? And if we haven't got any lads that are good enough then how can we criticise Warnock (or even Slade) for not playing them?

Some good looking players coming through our Academy now so hopefully our barren spell in that area will be coming to an end soon, fingers crossed. Maybe we'll be looking to send some on loan to Barry after what's happened with Southam?

Here's Barry's equaliser with the last kick of the game at TNS on Saturday. I'm not an expert on body language but I reckon the players and fans enjoyed this.

https://twitter.com/MundialMag/statu...15895544451072

Here's Barry's equaliser with the last kick of the game at TNS on Saturday. I'm not an expert on body language but I reckon the players and fans enjoyed this.

Cracking goal!
    Spedger

Yes jon hood is doing that every week or so at the moment!

http://www.barrytown.co.uk/club-news...y-town-united/ Eli Phillips the next one in.

Tobw and loramski- he any good?

http://www.barrytown.co.uk/club-news...y-town-united/ Eli Phillips the next one in.

Tobw and loramski- he any good?
    Eli Phipps.