+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barry town- top of Welsh premier league at the split. Thanks to city academy

Re: Barry town- top of Welsh premier league at the split. Thanks to city academy

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    http://www.barrytown.co.uk/club-news...y-town-united/ Eli Phillips the next one in.

Tobw and loramski- he any good?
    Just a poacher as I remember him, hasn't done anything since he left here and that was a while back. If Barry create lots of chances then he may prove useful but Gethyn Hill would've probably been a better bet from Weston-Super-Mare.

Re: Barry town- top of Welsh premier league at the split. Thanks to city academy

http://www.barrytown.co.uk/club-news...y-town-united/ Eli Phillips the next one in.

Tobw and loramski- he any good?
    We've had Sion Spence and Dan Griffiths scoring twenty five goals plus at Under 18 level over the past two seasons, but, before that, I'd say Eli Phipps was, perhaps, the best finisher to play for them for a decade or more. He'd put away something like one chance in two while playing for the Under 18s, but, while he didn't exactly struggle when making the step up to the Under 23s, he never scored at a rate to make me think he was going to get a first team chance. I can remember him signing for Colchester at around the same time Tommy O'Sullivan did, but, whereas Tommy played the odd first team match for them, I didn't hear any more of Eli after until the news of him signing for Barry - I agree with Loramski that, while Gethyn Hill would probably not get you the goals Phipps would, he would be the better signing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We've had Sion Spence and Dan Griffiths scoring twenty five goals plus at Under 18 level over the past two seasons, but, before that, I'd say Eli Phipps was, perhaps, the best finisher to play for them for a decade or more. He'd put away something like one chance in two while playing for the Under 18s, but, while he didn't exactly struggle when making the step up to the Under 23s, he never scored at a rate to make me think he was going to get a first team chance. I can remember him signing for Colchester at around the same time Tommy O'Sullivan did, but, whereas Tommy played the odd first team match for them, I didn't hear any more of Eli after until the news of him signing for Barry - I agree with Loramski that, while Gethyn Hill would probably not get you the goals Phipps would, he would be the better signing.
    Funnily enough sion Spence signed for barry today!

George ratcliffe the keeper on loan from Cardiff looks superb. Early days but I’m Excited by his club and international prospects.

Well 3 big players in robbie patten, macauley southam hales and Curtis watkins. All 3 of them spent a long long time with cardiff (probably too long)z

Watkins has probably found his level but is a tidy player. Theres been a lot of league clubs watching patten and southam hales and i cant for the life of me work out how they arent in the professional game. Shame neither was ever given a chance by city.

Tom fry (son of chris) another Cardiff connection playing well also- signed from airdrie in the summer.

TNS will still probably end up winning it, but for the big spending full time professional club to be pushed aside by barry (low spending and all part time, mainly youngsters) is a tremendous sporting story.

So the Cardiff city academy may not be benefiting cardiff city- but is benefiting the welsh premier league.
    http://www.barrytown.co.uk/club-news...y-town-united/

Theo Wharton has signed for Barry now also.

C'mon the Linnets!