+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sala

Sala

Just watching Nantes v Rennes and Sala has just been taken off after 74 mins when Nantes are chasing the game. He is not injured.

Having also watched Nantes v Montpellier during the week, then in my humble opinion he does not pass the "better than what we have" test. He offer very little and I cannot see how we would consider a £20m fee for him if that is indeed the case.

Re: Sala

Fabio playing at right back for Nantes

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Just watching Nantes v Rennes and Sala has just been taken off after 74 mins when Nantes are chasing the game. He is not injured.

Having also watched Nantes v Montpellier during the week, then in my humble opinion he does not pass the "better than what we have" test. He offer very little and I cannot see how we would consider a £20m fee for him if that is indeed the case.
    Really hoping we don’t get him.......

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Fabio playing at right back for Nantes
    I was surprised when I heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Really hoping we don’t get him.......
    I wasn't that excited by the YouTube clips and a good few of his goals were penalties (Joe Ralls standard, not Victor Camarasa).

But now his goals have dried up. Hot streak over?

He’s leaving on a jet plane (you know the rest).

https://twitter.com/ccfcfan1927/stat...669877761?s=21

The plane is Cardiff bound. Looks like a last, desperate throw of the dice.

Snake eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post

Snake eyes?
    A desperate throw of the dice for the striker we've been tracking for months?

What a welcome, hoping that he fails before his flight has even arrived in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post

Snake eyes?
    Last desperate throw this early in January? The deal has never been off, Sala has never said he didn't want to come.

There's still no guarantee with this; but he's always been our top target and they've always been confident in landing him.

As the City of Cardiff is twinned with Nantes can't we just get him as an exchange student and send someone back to them.
    Would be much cheaper than spending 20m.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    As the City of Cardiff is twinned with Nantes can't we just get him as an exchange student and send someone back to them.
    Would be much cheaper than spending 20m.
    Could he bring some friends under this deal as well? Unfortunately our students have gone to unmatched locations such as Wigan, Sheffield & Hull

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What a welcome, hoping that he fails before his flight has even arrived in Cardiff
    I don’t hope he fails. I put a question mark after “snake eyes”. I hope he succeeds and scores loads but looking at how strikers such as Morata and Forlan have struggled to adapt I don’t have great expectations. It’s Blackjack and we are (Oliver) twisting. I truly want to be exclaiming “what the Dickens!?!?” after Sala bags a few goals. Today is a tale of two cities; instead of Paris and London we have Nantes and Cardiff.

Huge gamble.

If we go down anyway and he's crap, we wasted 20M. What was the point of us penny pinching and not overspending in August if we go on and waste 20M? I thought the whole point was to go down and balance the books with PL money.

Sounds like he needs to be convinced - I presume from a language point of View we have Spanish and french speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Huge gamble.

If we go down anyway and he's crap, we wasted 20M. What was the point of us penny pinching and not overspending in August if we go on and waste 20M? I thought the whole point was to go down and balance the books with PL money.
    Maybe back in August, they thought if there’s a chance of staying up in January we”ll gamble then if not we have saved spending more on wages from August

I don’t think it is a coincidence that they have been loaning / moving on as many as possible to reduce the wage bill before making a move

Huge gamble.

wasnt that just message board talk ? ? ?

lets got for it, another year in the prem, get established and kick on

Huge gamble.

If this ... If that... The whole point of this season was to test ourselves against top teams and enjoy the experience but unfortunately this appears to be a concept totally beyond quite a few people on this board who have done nothing but moan for the last 5 months. The club is now being criticised for spending to try to stay in there, after months of complaints that we hadn't spent enough and weren't serious about staying up.

Whether we sign Sala or not it is obvious even to an old fool like myself that if we want to have a chance of staying in the Premiership then we have got to sign a striker. So i'll leave player recruitment to those better qualified than myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I certainly would not want him to fail if he does indeed sign for us. I thought long and hard before making the OP as I knew that if he did come and then score a hatful of goals then I would certainly reminded of the post by some on here.

If he signs and fails then I certainly will not be gloating. I would really want hm to succeed but based on what I have seen I have real doubts. I do attend La Beaujoire now and again as my in laws live in Nantes and some friends there are keen supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Whether we sign Sala or not it is obvious even to an old fool like myself that if we want to have a chance of staying in the Premiership then we have got to sign a striker. So i'll leave player recruitment to those better qualified than myself.
    Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    I certainly would not want him to fail if he does indeed sign for us. I thought long and hard before making the OP as I knew that if he did come and then score a hatful of goals then I would certainly reminded of the post by some on here.

If he signs and fails then I certainly will not be gloating. I would really want hm to succeed but based on what I have seen I have real doubts. I do attend La Beaujoire now and again as my in laws live in Nantes and some friends there are keen supporters.
    He might only be half decent but a striker is a striker, and as much as I love him, Callum Paterson isn't one and our other ones are made of glass

Although many have been penalties (there was even one in there that the keeper saves and he taps in the rebound) he has more goals than Neymar and Cavani this season playing in a far weaker Nantes team.

He is two behind Mbappe who is on 14 and one behind Pepe, a winger at Lille who Arsenal are strongly linked with.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Although many have been penalties (there was even one in there that the keeper saves and he taps in the rebound) he has more goals than Neymar and Cavani this season playing in a far weaker Nantes team.

He is two behind Mbappe who is on 14 and one behind Pepe, a winger at Lille who Arsenal are strongly linked with.
    Second in terms of goals from open play, third overall, scored 93 in 285 in his career - more than all of our players combined