+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 10 corner kicks to 3 yesterday

10 corner kicks to 3 yesterday

Simply dreadful, outplayed in every stat except free kicks, and a dodgy penalty claim which if we were playing 17 other teams would have been given.

Re: 10 corner kicks to 3 yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Simply dreadful, outplayed in every stat except free kicks, and a dodgy penalty claim which if we were playing 17 other teams would have been given.

Nothing dodgy about the penalty claim, Junior was clearly fouled.

Worth having a look at https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...f-Huddersfield

Neil Etheridge had more touches of the ball than any other City player.

While I'm not sure what they claim is a 'key pass', we managed 3 all game.

Only 3 City players had a pass success rate of more than 70% (Manga, Camarasa and Gunnarsson).

4 had less than 50% accuracy (that includes Etheridge's long balls, Paterson, Ralls and Mendez-Laing).

We attemped 15 crosses. 2 found a City player in the box (Arter and M-L). Hoilett managed 7 crosses and didn't find a City player.

28.5% of our passes were long balls (77 out of 270 passes in total). 65% of those went to a Huddersfield player.

Etheridge, Manga and Arter were the three players hitting most long balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    Nothing dodgy about the penalty claim, Junior was clearly fouled.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'd rather not having already had the misfortune of watching it live

The number of crosses that were calmly fielded by their keeper was pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Worth having a look at https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...f-Huddersfield

Neil Etheridge had more touches of the ball than any other City player.

While I'm not sure what they claim is a 'key pass', we managed 3 all game.

Only 3 City players had a pass success rate of more than 70% (Manga, Camarasa and Gunnarsson).

4 had less than 50% accuracy (that includes Etheridge's long balls, Paterson, Ralls and Mendez-Laing).

We attemped 15 crosses. 2 found a City player in the box (Arter and M-L). Hoilett managed 7 crosses and didn't find a City player.

28.5% of our passes were long balls (77 out of 270 passes in total). 65% of those went to a Huddersfield player.

Etheridge, Manga and Arter were the three players hitting most long balls.
    That's pathetic considering he was only on for 25 minutes

The crossing can be forgiven seeing as there's usually only one City player in the box - if that

Heisenberg

There was one point where Ralls received the ball near the half way line, and was about 10 yards away from any one else and had plenty of time and space to control the ball... but, without raising his head at any point, decided to hit it first-time into the opposition half and immediately lost possession. That really pissed me off.

I know we have a style of play which often means that we unload quicky, but to just kick it away, in no particular direction, when you are free, just makes no sense whatsoever. ****, I could have done that and had the same outcome - which suggests that something isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    There was one point where Ralls received the ball near the half way line, and was about 10 yards away from any one else and had plenty of time and space to control the ball... but, without raising his head at any point, decided to hit it first-time into the opposition half and immediately lost possession. That really pissed me off.

I know we have a style of play which often means that we unload quicky, but to just kick it away, in no particular direction, when you are free, just makes no sense whatsoever. ****, I could have done that and had the same outcome - which suggests that something isn't right.
    It lead directly to the "Bennett pelanty" situation.
    Ralls really does not offer much anyway but has no composure whatsoever.
    All we ask is people who are comfortable on the ball and can pass it.

Neil, get em practising 2/3 touch in confined space all week.