Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
I completely support your view over the insidious nature of bullying, and if there is a culture of bullying it needs to be stopped - no matter who is doing it, as it's counter-productive to all concerned.

I can't agree with your comment on 'so what if they are?' I watch players being bullied on the professional football pitch in every game I watch - whether it's physical or mental bullying. It's a competitive game. If they can't cope with that they won't survive.

Life is not fair and rarely played by rules. Better to find out you aren't cut out to be a footballer earlier rather than later, having wasted some of the most crucial years of your life aiming for something you'll never reach. The discussion should be what is acceptable in teaching young kids that professional football is tough and therefore they must be too, and at what stages are they ready to learn this lesson?

Completely agree about Piers Morgan by the way...
Being bullied by the opposition is completely different to being bullied by your boss. It's the manager's job to make sure that all sorts of players thrive. If they've overstepped the line, I would hope the club has conducted a full review at the time and has documented this. If that's the case, then great and we can know one way or the other. Bellamy found it tough at Norwich, and he wanted to quit. If you find it tough and then someone like Bellamy singles you out for stick, and you feel like you've been bullied it would be worse. We don't know exactly what's gone on but if what has been reported is true, I find it very hard how either Harvey and Bellamy could be employed by the club. After a complaint has been made, to double down on this is an intimidation tactic to stop others from acting out.