Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Quick question... In what workplace has it ever been acceptable to call a staff member a snitch for raising a complaint?
If you consider a football academy to be a workplace I agree. However I see training to become an elite athlete more akin to joining the armed forces - with all the unpleasant reality that accompanies that. However, systematic and continuous bullying is still not acceptable even here - but one-off incidents should be treated as such in my view.

I'd consider my son was being let down if they weren't being prepared for the fact that their workplace requires a degree of thick skin to be able to be successful. Not saying that's how it should ideally be, but the fact is that a lot of your competition are going to be real mean characters and if you don't learn how to deal with it growing up then you're better off not wasting your time IMO

Alternatively we can just pretend that everyone is lovely to each other and continue to fail to produce the players AND characters needed to be successful in the modern game.