+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "I believe there is a real problem at Cardiff's academy."

Re: "I believe there is a real problem at Cardiff's academy."

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Probably easier to watch them play football and decide if they can cope with playing football than anything else.
    If it's so easy, why do so many talented youngters fade out of the game? The attrition rate is extremely high.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If it's so easy, why do so many talented youngters fade out of the game? The attrition rate is extremely high.
    Between the Warnock brexit thread, the crisps thread as well as the thread regarding Warnock's knuckles the last 24 hours on this board have seen an abnormal amount of shite posted on it. You might have taken the biscuit though.

Because they aren’t good enough, it could be mentally or physically but I don’t think treating them like shit is the best way to find out about it.

How do we know how many top talents have been lost because of poor coaching and handling of kids at youth level?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Because they aren’t good enough, it could be mentally or physically but I don’t think treating them like shit is the best way to find out about it.

How do we know how many top talents have been lost because of poor coaching and handling of kids at youth level?
    Maybe we should start playing 500 a side games to reduce the attrition rate.

Why aren’t we just waterboarding them in their first week to see who the mentally tough ones are?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Between the Warnock brexit thread, the crisps thread as well as the thread regarding Warnock's knuckles the last 24 hours on this board have seen an abnormal amount of shite posted on it. You might have taken the biscuit though.
    That's your opinion mate. I spent 5 years learning football from ex-pros who played under, and alongside some of the biggest names in football. I know the work ethic and mental strengh that is required to make it, and to be honest it was a relief when I discovered girls and beer

That's your opinion mate. I spent 5 years learning football from ex-pros who played under, and alongside some of the biggest names in football. I know the work ethic and mental strengh that is required to make it, and to be honest it was a relief when I discovered girls and beer
    I agree with you to the extent that I always say that, even if I had been talented enough to make it as a professional footballer, I lacked the mental toughness and all round discipline to have made a career in the game - like you it seems, I don't think I would have enjoyed the profession either.

However, does it really have to be the way you describe? While I appreciate that young footballers shouldn't be mollycoddled and given carte blanche to do what they like, I mentioned in an e-mail yesterday that the attitude of some involved in coaching young players appears to be "well, I suffered when I was a kid coming through, so I'm going to make sure this lot do as well".

But how is that even related to the complaints against the club? No one is saying the players should be mollycoddled but if there is a bad atmosphere in the academy that’s not good for anyone.

One of the accusations of verbal bullying was that Harvey told the teenager he'd had a 'f****** holocaust' in front of his team-mates after he made a mistake in a game.
    That's "verbal bullying"?

The fact that these parents ran to the Daily Mail of all places makes me suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Out of interest how old are you mate? Not having a dig, just wondering which famously tough generation you're part of and what this new one can learn from you guys
    An era when you were in the wrong you would get a clip off teachers , the local bobby etc . Six of the best was the deterrent. Where you had winners and losers not we are winners to appease the bed wetting liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    An era when you were in the wrong you would get a clip off teachers , the local bobby etc . Six of the best was the deterrent. Where you had winners and losers not we are winners to appease the bed wetting liberals.
    Sounds a better era when people were getting hit by teachers and policemen fair play.

For the rest I’d say stop believing everything you read in the paper.

What you fail to mention is that was the same time as when Jimmy Saville was fixing it for kids and Rolf Harris was a lovely tv presenter that wouldn't harm a fly

Schools and childrens leagues still have winners and losers. Whats your point?

Yeah figured you'd say something like that. Take those rose tinted glasses off and step aside

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yeah figured you'd say something like that. Take those rose tinted glasses off and step aside
    Ok soy boy , do it your way , not very impressed with your reasoning, but I am an old gimmer , bimbling down the inside lane of life and probably so out of touch . Please forgive me but bear in mind that an elder human knows more than you may possibly think . Bless you and I will step aside . May all your dreams come true little one . Peace , love and happiness child 🧒

Generation snowflake , bless them . Probably not anywhere near the required level and having no discipline in schools , get a rollicking and cannot handle it .
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    What you fail to mention is that was the same time as when Jimmy Saville was fixing it for kids and Rolf Harris was a lovely tv presenter that wouldn't harm a fly
    Ok , now we have got shot of all the bad guys in this utopian world you live in . Try and explain the grooming gangs of Telford , Rotherham etc .

Ok , now we have got shot of all the bad guys in this utopian world you live in . Try and explain the grooming gangs of Telford , Rotherham etc .
    What the **** has that got to do with the original point made?

Are you pissed Ken , you are dribbling like a bad boy .

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    What the **** has that got to do with the original point made?
    Why didn’t you aim that at Gringo? He was first to mention the kiddie fiddlers.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree with you to the extent that I always say that, even if I had been talented enough to make it as a professional footballer, I lacked the mental toughness and all round discipline to have made a career in the game - like you it seems, I don't think I would have enjoyed the profession either.

However, does it really have to be the way you describe? While I appreciate that young footballers shouldn't be mollycoddled and given carte blanche to do what they like, I mentioned in an e-mail yesterday that the attitude of some involved in coaching young players appears to be "well, I suffered when I was a kid coming through, so I'm going to make sure this lot do as well".
    There has to be discipline and a realisation that everything that you do, you do it well, and next time you do it, you do it better. Everything is geared up to having high standards, from your appearance to your character, i failed miserably in both departments! Without being rude, people don't really understand what it is like unless they experience it. I was with the club from the age of 12 up until i was 18. From the age of about 14 i realised that things were hotting up, i started thinking competitively, when i went out onto the pitch or training ground i wanted to be the best and i wanted everyone else to be shit, they were my friends but also my rivals. When i signed Apprentice forms it became even more intense, i had two years to be one of the best out of about 13 lads in my age group, i wanted them to fail-imagine having that mind set from the age of 14. I was actually pleased when one of my rivals did poorly, as long as i did well i didn't give a **** about them, i had to be that way.

My coach was a tough northerner with a pretty average pro career, he had managed two Professional clubs previously, so it was a bit of a come down for him and you could sense it. I've documented some of the things i experienced, it was vicious and not at all character building, i was scared of him and i know that other lads were as well. There was a culture of bullying, when individuals were targeted it took no time before the pack descended upon them, the thinking was, if it was somebody else getting shit, then it wasn't me. A lot of this was done to test you, see how you responded. I didn't enjoy any of it, the pressure was huge, if did poorly in training then you'd get ridiculed, it wasn't jokey. There has to be discipline and young players do need telling from time to time, but to those who think that certain behaviours are acceptable because they build character i ask you this-Would you verbally abuse your kids if they couldn't do their homework? We don't find it beneficial to scream at kids in an Educational environment, why should that be different when they're learning to play football?

Engage your brain for a second and think, if that's true then who has changed it? Is it the young generation? Or is it the generation who were getting clipped and then became adults?

What happened to an arm around the shoulder for some and a kick up the arse for others (depending on personality) or is that only reserved for senior players?

Ok soy boy , do it your way , not very impressed with your reasoning, but I am an old gimmer , bimbling down the inside lane of life and probably so out of touch . Please forgive me but bear in mind that an elder human knows more than you may possibly think . Bless you and I will step aside . May all your dreams come true little one . Peace , love and happiness child 🧒
    You’re chatting complete shite in fairness

There’s been some embarrassing stuff posted on here the last couple of days but this takes the cake

It’s like someone built a bot to generate silly old c*nt opinions after reading the daily mail and right wing websites.