Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
I get all that ,however I truly believe whoever takes this on its going to run into 27 member states not likely to give us what we want ,I'm sure for example staying in the customer union and ,free movement is a red line if you take Turkey for example they have a second rate customs union ,it doesn't stop or solve border controls though like NI , free movement is also a redline for a lot of people not just the current lady ??

I just red these anti May conversations and I get it its not a great deal ,but where is the other detail of someone's else's deal ?

Simply shouting : "stand down or away" , "let someone else negotiate this deal " , "we need a general election" , "we need a second referendum" is so easy and simple , for the last time I simply want to see or here an alternative details proposition, surely a group of ell meaning/caring MP's could pull one together and slap it in front of May and publish it in the media , my bet is they scared it would receive the same vitriol and criticism .

Your bright enough to know they would rather just fire vitriol and criticism, as did the leave campaign , so they can meet their narrow political agenda.
There are adult politicians trying to identify outcomes that will command a majority of the democratically elected parliament. It seems like others wish to follow their narrow political agenda and reject this path. From the Sun's Tom Newton Dunn reporting on the outcome of May's Cabinet meeting this morning.

I hear the PM just told Cabinet she will push on with her Brexit deal, no matter the size of tonight's defeat, as "it’s the only option". A big push from Rudd/Clark/Gauke/Perry to open talks with moderate Labour MPs, but rejected by Hunt/Javid/Fox/Lewis/Truss/Williamson. Also: Greg Clark pushed the PM hard to formally rule out No Deal if the vote is lost, citing the “devastating” effect it would have on the car industry. She gave no firm reply. Most striking contribution in Cabinet came from Brandon Lewis, someone in the room tells me. Tory chairman came down very hard on opening talks with Labour: “The party wouldn’t wear it,” he said.

A room full of people running the government putting Party before country led by someone obstinately pushing something that barely half of one political party in the UK believes in! Still I am sure you will be able to find someone other than the government of the day to blame for this shambles!