Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
I never said I do not agree with Lineker ( I actually like the guy) you brought him into the conversation, nor do I agree with Warnock, I said I believe it is inappropriate to talk talk about politics at work/football. My problem as a traditional liberal, is I have lost touch the progressive lefts inability to listen to opposing views without loosing their shit.

I live in the USA, I would do not want us 'to go to hell' over here, but I am not naive or sensitive enough to actually take Warnocks comments at face value, I can clearly see it a non-story, a throw away reference wrapped in the context of what a mess brexit has become.

My entire complaint in this thread is purely - the fact that the quality of discourse in our society has become so poor, that what I see as a non-controversial, throw away jibe, with hardly and menace or thought behind it, has become a big front page issue, resulting in statements from the club...
I know I brought him up, he gets loads of stick. Like Warnock is for his comments. There isn't a right/left argument here. Say something daft or offensive, you'll get grief for it.