+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock gets his knuckles rapped.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Warnock gets his knuckles rapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    People are boycotting Walkers because of Lineker, there are stories in the Mail and Express about him all the time. You've got your back up because you agree with Warnock, and not Lineker. All the media is right wing, bar the Guardian; and Warnock is still getting a hard time. That's because what he said was stupid.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...neker-remainer
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10...hilton-twitter
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...brexit-tweets/
    I never said I do not agree with Lineker ( I actually like the guy) you brought him into the conversation, nor do I agree with Warnock, I said I believe it is inappropriate to talk talk about politics at work/football. My problem as a traditional liberal, is I have lost touch the progressive lefts inability to listen to opposing views without loosing their shit.

I live in the USA, I would do not want us 'to go to hell' over here, but I am not naive or sensitive enough to actually take Warnocks comments at face value, I can clearly see it a non-story, a throw away reference wrapped in the context of what a mess brexit has become.

My entire complaint in this thread is purely - the fact that the quality of discourse in our society has become so poor, that what I see as a non-controversial, throw away jibe, with hardly and menace or thought behind it, has become a big front page issue, resulting in statements from the club...

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I never said I do not agree with Lineker ( I actually like the guy) you brought him into the conversation, nor do I agree with Warnock, I said I believe it is inappropriate to talk talk about politics at work/football. My problem as a traditional liberal, is I have lost touch the progressive lefts inability to listen to opposing views without loosing their shit.

I live in the USA, I would do not want us 'to go to hell' over here, but I am not naive or sensitive enough to actually take Warnocks comments at face value, I can clearly see it a non-story, a throw away reference wrapped in the context of what a mess brexit has become.

My entire complaint in this thread is purely - the fact that the quality of discourse in our society has become so poor, that what I see as a non-controversial, throw away jibe, with hardly and menace or thought behind it, has become a big front page issue, resulting in statements from the club...
    I know I brought him up, he gets loads of stick. Like Warnock is for his comments. There isn't a right/left argument here. Say something daft or offensive, you'll get grief for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I know I brought him up, he gets loads of stick. Like Warnock is for his comments. There isn't a right/left argument here. Say something daft or offensive, you'll get grief for it.
    This is what it comes down to between us I think, the final line in both our arguments.

You believe Warnock has said something daft or offensive and therefore deserves some level of grief - fair enough

I believe what Warnock said is neither daft not offensive, as previously said just a lot of fuss about nothing, and therefore does not deserve any grief.

shall we agree to disagree on these two points?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    This is what it comes down to between us I think, the final line in both our arguments.

You believe Warnock has said something daft or offensive and therefore deserves some level of grief - fair enough

I believe what Warnock said is neither daft not offensive, as previously said just a lot of fuss about nothing, and therefore does not deserve any grief.

shall we agree to disagree on these two points?
    He said something provocative by its very nature and it was much easier just to say nothing at all.