+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warnock gets his knuckles rapped.

Re: Warnock gets his knuckles rapped.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Oh so people are offended by that throw away line... snowflakes
    Not offended in the slightest, pretty embarrassed that our manager is so stupid as to say "to hell with the rest of the world" when we're owned by Malaysians, have a number of foreign players and hope to attract more though. He just came across as a grumpy old prick to be honest

And Linekar works for and is paid by the BBC, a supposedly unbiased public service broadcaster?
    It's pretty simple - Lineker is a sports broadcaster not a news and current affairs broadcaster so he can tweet what he wants from his personal account. All here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46566574

What a fuss about nothing. More important things going than what Warnock has said

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    People are boycotting Walkers because of Lineker, there are stories in the Mail and Express about him all the time. You've got your back up because you agree with Warnock, and not Lineker. All the media is right wing, bar the Guardian; and Warnock is still getting a hard time. That's because what he said was stupid.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...neker-remainer
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10...hilton-twitter
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...brexit-tweets/
    I never said I do not agree with Lineker ( I actually like the guy) you brought him into the conversation, nor do I agree with Warnock, I said I believe it is inappropriate to talk talk about politics at work/football. My problem as a traditional liberal, is I have lost touch the progressive lefts inability to listen to opposing views without loosing their shit.

I live in the USA, I would do not want us 'to go to hell' over here, but I am not naive or sensitive enough to actually take Warnocks comments at face value, I can clearly see it a non-story, a throw away reference wrapped in the context of what a mess brexit has become.

My entire complaint in this thread is purely - the fact that the quality of discourse in our society has become so poor, that what I see as a non-controversial, throw away jibe, with hardly and menace or thought behind it, has become a big front page issue, resulting in statements from the club...

I never said I do not agree with Lineker ( I actually like the guy) you brought him into the conversation, nor do I agree with Warnock, I said I believe it is inappropriate to talk talk about politics at work/football. My problem as a traditional liberal, is I have lost touch the progressive lefts inability to listen to opposing views without loosing their shit.

I live in the USA, I would do not want us 'to go to hell' over here, but I am not naive or sensitive enough to actually take Warnocks comments at face value, I can clearly see it a non-story, a throw away reference wrapped in the context of what a mess brexit has become.

My entire complaint in this thread is purely - the fact that the quality of discourse in our society has become so poor, that what I see as a non-controversial, throw away jibe, with hardly and menace or thought behind it, has become a big front page issue, resulting in statements from the club...
    I know I brought him up, he gets loads of stick. Like Warnock is for his comments. There isn't a right/left argument here. Say something daft or offensive, you'll get grief for it.

OK, explain how Andrew Neil gets away with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's pretty simple - Lineker is a sports broadcaster not a news and current affairs broadcaster so he can tweet what he wants from his personal account. All here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46566574
    Well you both seem to be coming form the same side but have contradicted each over

Well you both seem to be coming form the same side but have contradicted each over
    Neil is a news and current affairs broadcaster, so we haven't.

Neil is a news and current affairs broadcaster, so we haven't.
    My point of the contradiction, is that it was said by delmbox Lineker is not a political or current affairs broadcaster and therefore can say his personal views even tho he is paid by the BBC, I also believe, that Warnock is not a political or current affairs broadcaster, so can also say his brexit views, even tho he is employed by a Malaysian.

I know I brought him up, he gets loads of stick. Like Warnock is for his comments. There isn't a right/left argument here. Say something daft or offensive, you'll get grief for it.
    This is what it comes down to between us I think, the final line in both our arguments.

You believe Warnock has said something daft or offensive and therefore deserves some level of grief - fair enough

I believe what Warnock said is neither daft not offensive, as previously said just a lot of fuss about nothing, and therefore does not deserve any grief.

shall we agree to disagree on these two points?

This is what it comes down to between us I think, the final line in both our arguments.

You believe Warnock has said something daft or offensive and therefore deserves some level of grief - fair enough

I believe what Warnock said is neither daft not offensive, as previously said just a lot of fuss about nothing, and therefore does not deserve any grief.

shall we agree to disagree on these two points?
    He said something provocative by its very nature and it was much easier just to say nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He said something provocative by its very nature and it was much easier just to say nothing at all.
    I don’t think anyone would have criticised him if he came out with a coherent point and showed he had a decent grasp of the situation. Klopp got away with it.

The problem was it was such a shallow and stupid thing to say. He made himself out to be a bit of a fool with the whole topic.

My point of the contradiction, is that it was said by delmbox Lineker is not a political or current affairs broadcaster and therefore can say his personal views even tho he is paid by the BBC, I also believe, that Warnock is not a political or current affairs broadcaster, so can also say his brexit views, even tho he is employed by a Malaysian.
    Absolutely he can, I just wish he hadn't because I think it makes him look small minded and ignorant, and he represents us in a lot of people's eyes,

OK, explain how Andrew Neil gets away with it?
    Lineker is not employed by the BBC. A Neil is.

And Linekar works for and is paid by the BBC, a supposedly unbiased public service broadcaster?
    BBC’s impartiality clause isn’t in the contract of sports related staff.

Andrew Neil is who you should be worried about when it comes to stuff like that.

Where in the original club statement does it say that NW has 'had his knuckles rapped' by the club. It just states that the opinions expressed by him are his own personal ones and not the view of the club. This is typical lazy and confrontational journalism by WO, designed to create a controversy to try to boost their flagging ratings. Certain people on this board have fallen for it and jumped on the band wagon, presumably because they are remainers and/or dont like him and want to discredit him. The UK voted to leave by the way, with a bigger majority than voted for the Welsh Assembly to be created but nobody questioned that result.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Lineker is not employed by the BBC. A Neil is.
    Lineker is employed by the BBC.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Where in the original club statement does it say that NW has 'had his knuckles rapped' by the club. It just states that the opinions expressed by him are his own personal ones and not the view of the club. This is typical lazy and confrontational journalism by WO, designed to create a controversy to try to boost their flagging ratings. Certain people on this board have fallen for it and jumped on the band wagon, presumably because they are remainers and/or dont like him and want to discredit him. The UK voted to leave by the way, with a bigger majority than voted for the Welsh Assembly to be created but nobody questioned that result.
    Stop politicising it, for ****s sake!

Oh dear, you mean the Welsh Assembly referendum that they tried to overturn? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-46863044

How is it lazy journalism to publish a CLUB STATEMENT you fool?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Lineker is employed by the BBC.
    Not directly that is why he is free to make political comments. Andrew Neil, on the other hand......

This reply tell's me a lot more about you, than any of the sweeping generalisations you made against me
    You mention the hypocrisy from the left and snowflakes then accuse me of sweeping generalisations?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The irony here, is your reply to Cris Lee is even more ignorant, nasty and inflammatory than Warnocks.
    Once you explain how I will debate further.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Oh dear, you mean the Welsh Assembly referendum that they tried to overturn? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-46863044
    Also about 20 Tory MPs who said we should respect the referendum result here and all referendum results have been proven to have voted against the assembly even after the referendum.

A few of them even said the turn out was too small and the margin of victory was too small. The hypocrisy in this government knows no bounds.