+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock gets his knuckles rapped.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Warnock gets his knuckles rapped.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Nothing wrong them, or him expressing them, but then surely Warnock should be given the same privilege?

Unless that is you believe Warnocks comments are inappropriate or unprofessional (which I do, leave politics out of football imo) then Lineker should be held to the same standard, but instead is given a free pass to spout his strong believes? The only difference to me seems that Lineker is given a 'free pass' because his views are on the right side of the fence.
    Perhaps another difference is that Lineker doesn't work for a football club owned and controlled by Malaysians and Cypriots and he doesn't manage a team full of foreign players.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Perhaps another difference is that Lineker doesn't work for a football club owned and controlled by Malaysians and Cypriots and he doesn't manage a team full of foreign players.....
    And Linekar works for and is paid by the BBC, a supposedly unbiased public service broadcaster?

And Linekar works for and is paid by the BBC, a supposedly unbiased public service broadcaster?
    OK, explain how Andrew Neil gets away with it?

It's pretty simple - Lineker is a sports broadcaster not a news and current affairs broadcaster so he can tweet what he wants from his personal account. All here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46566574

What a fuss about nothing. More important things going than what Warnock has said

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    OK, explain how Andrew Neil gets away with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's pretty simple - Lineker is a sports broadcaster not a news and current affairs broadcaster so he can tweet what he wants from his personal account. All here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46566574
    Well you both seem to be coming form the same side but have contradicted each over

Well you both seem to be coming form the same side but have contradicted each over
    Neil is a news and current affairs broadcaster, so we haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Neil is a news and current affairs broadcaster, so we haven't.
    My point of the contradiction, is that it was said by delmbox Lineker is not a political or current affairs broadcaster and therefore can say his personal views even tho he is paid by the BBC, I also believe, that Warnock is not a political or current affairs broadcaster, so can also say his brexit views, even tho he is employed by a Malaysian.

My point of the contradiction, is that it was said by delmbox Lineker is not a political or current affairs broadcaster and therefore can say his personal views even tho he is paid by the BBC, I also believe, that Warnock is not a political or current affairs broadcaster, so can also say his brexit views, even tho he is employed by a Malaysian.
    Absolutely he can, I just wish he hadn't because I think it makes him look small minded and ignorant, and he represents us in a lot of people's eyes,