+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock gets his knuckles rapped.

Warnock gets his knuckles rapped.

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityLive/...378540032?s=19

Not sure what this has done for his credibility inside the club, let alone outside.
    There us no way Warnock will be here next season, whatever division we are in.

Re: Warnock gets his knuckles rapped.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    https://twitter.com/CardiffCityLive/...378540032?s=19

Not sure what this has done for his credibility inside the club, let alone outside.
    There us no way Warnock will be here next season, whatever division we are in.
    "To hell with the rest of the world" is a comment that will hardly ingratiate himself with the foreigh owner and board members of the club. Given how proud of his own country Tan is, I can imagine him not being overly impressed with Warnock's comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    "To hell with the rest of the world" is a comment that will hardly ingratiate himself with the foreigh owner and board members of the club. Given how proud of his own country Tan is, I can imagine him not being overly impressed with Warnock's comment.
    See, I took it has "To hell with the rest of the World" in what their opinions are about Brexit. Like a let us get on with it sort of thing.

So the club has released a statement almost two days after Warnock made the comments and just as the story was disappearing from the headlines.

Slow clap.

It’s a generic statement that they had to make just due to the journos trying to make a story to fill papers.

Nothing to see really

I hope they don't ask him about 1MDB at the next press conference.

So because he expressed a personal reasonable view, that we should just get on with brexit considering the majority of the population voted for it, it is considered controversial?

I wonder if there would have been an outcry if he said something along the lines of 'it would be better if we just stayed in', like we see from public figures everyday

the hypocrisy from the left is ****ing laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    So because he expressed a personal reasonable view, that we should just get on with brexit considering the majority of the population voted for it, it is considered controversial?

I wonder if there would have been an outcry if he said something along the lines of 'it would be better if we just stayed in', like we see from public figures everyday

I think the immature and unhelpful choice to use the phrase "to hell with the rest of the world" warrants a statement in itself, regardless of what your opinion is regarding the EU. In case you forgot, we're owned by a Malaysian man, run by a Cypriot, and all our targets appear to be on the continent and of varying nationalities. Use your brain.

Saying he thinks we should leave is fine, saying "to hell with the rest of the world" is not. Hope that clears it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Saying he thinks we should leave is fine, saying "to hell with the rest of the world" is not. Hope that clears it up for you.
    Oh so people are offended by that throw away line... snowflakes

It's a really stupid thing to say that does him or us absolutely no favours.

Glad you think there's nothing wrong in saying "to hell with the rest of the world" given our club's owners. At least I'm not a thick as shit far right bonehead.

Glad you think there's nothing wrong in saying "to hell with the rest of the world" given our club's owners. At least I'm not a thick as shit far right bonehead.
    The irony here, is your reply to Cris Lee is even more ignorant, nasty and inflammatory than Warnocks. Difference is, you can hide behind your keyboard as a faceless MB member. Warnock used the wrong words in front of the watching, baiting sports media. We all know Warnock is a dying breed when it comes to football management, as his his general attitude.
    God knows how Brian Clough would have survived in this modern era.

Warnock has done his personal image and reputation no good with some ill chosen words. Shooting himself in the foot sorings to mind and certainly the only shooting at the ccs right now. Best advice Neil is stfu and sort out the footy!

This reply tell's me a lot more about you, than any of the sweeping generalisations you made against me

This reply tell's me a lot more about you, than any of the sweeping generalisations you made against me
    What do you think about Gary Lineker's comments on Brexit?

I don't think anyone is genuinely offended by Warnock's comments. However, given the way in which he earns his living and who pays his wages, they do make him look a bit of a prick.

He's apparently currently trying to sign a South American who plays in France and an African who plays in Belgium.

"To hell with the rest of the world....."

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The irony here, is your reply to Cris Lee is even more ignorant, nasty and inflammatory than Warnocks. Difference is, you can hide behind your keyboard as a faceless MB member. Warnock used the wrong words in front of the watching, baiting sports media. We all know Warnock is a dying breed when it comes to football management, as his his general attitude.
    God knows how Brian Clough would have survived in this modern era.
    You say that, but some attitudes are better left behind, not surviving. If stating "to hell with the rest of the world" makes up the opinions of a 'dying breed', then by all means, let them die.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don't think anyone is genuinely offended by Warnock's comments. However, given the way in which he earns his living and who pays his wages, they do make him look a bit of a prick.

He's apparently currently trying to sign a South American who plays in France and an African who plays in Belgium.

"To hell with the rest of the world....."

When his club is owned by a Malaysian and the chairman is a Turkish-Cypriot. Apart from that though, to hell with the lot of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    What do you think about Gary Lineker's comments on Brexit?
    Nothing wrong them, or him expressing them, but then surely Warnock should be given the same privilege?

Unless that is you believe Warnocks comments are inappropriate or unprofessional (which I do, leave politics out of football imo) then Lineker should be held to the same standard, but instead is given a free pass to spout his strong believes? The only difference to me seems that Lineker is given a 'free pass' because his views are on the right side of the fence.

Nothing wrong them, or him expressing them, but then surely Warnock should be given the same privilege?

Unless that is you believe Warnocks comments are inappropriate or unprofessional (which I do, leave politics out of football imo) then Lineker should be held to the same standard, but instead is given a free pass to spout his strong believes? The only difference to me seems that Lineker is given a 'free pass' because his views are on the right side of the fence.
    Perhaps another difference is that Lineker doesn't work for a football club owned and controlled by Malaysians and Cypriots and he doesn't manage a team full of foreign players.....

People are boycotting Walkers because of Lineker, there are stories in the Mail and Express about him all the time. You've got your back up because you agree with Warnock, and not Lineker. All the media is right wing, bar the Guardian; and Warnock is still getting a hard time. That's because what he said was stupid.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...neker-remainer
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10...hilton-twitter
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...brexit-tweets/

Perhaps another difference is that Lineker doesn't work for a football club owned and controlled by Malaysians and Cypriots and he doesn't manage a team full of foreign players.....
    He obviously chose the wrong phrase at the wrong time, and what ever the consequences are, he’ll have to face up to them. He’s not alone though in this part of the UK for making daft comments though is he? We have, and always have had, hundreds of fans who sing inflammatory and degrading chants aimed at the English, when we have had Engilish managers and players, and rely on the English league set up for our bread and butter. Maybe it’s rubbed of on Warnock 😂

And Linekar works for and is paid by the BBC, a supposedly unbiased public service broadcaster?

And Linekar works for and is paid by the BBC, a supposedly unbiased public service broadcaster?
    OK, explain how Andrew Neil gets away with it?