+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awful today

Awful today

I don’t like to criticise us but we were terrible today all over the park.
    We were lucky that Huddersfield were just as bad.
    If ever there was an advert for more signings it was today.
    Pathetic performance.

Re: Awful today

Huddersfield were much better than us. They just have no cutting edge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Pathetic performance.
    Yes, it was awful. Worse than seeing us getting thrashed by Man United and Spurs etc. At least they are good

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Pathetic performance.
    More signings? Look at our bench. Our big money summer signings are on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    pathetic display and match stats said it all. players apart from arter were lazy and didn't put in a shift.

in the brewery tap before train back!

Honestly didn’t understand leaving either Reid or Murphy on the bench. I know Warnock doesn’t trust Murphy to track back but he could have brought either on for Patterson today, who just had one of those games where he even struggled to do the basics.

If ever there was an advert not to trust Warnock to spend big money, then seeing the 2 big money signings on the bench was that today!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Honestly didn’t understand leaving either Reid or Murphy on the bench. I know Warnock doesn’t trust Murphy to track back but he could have brought either on for Patterson today, who just had one of those games where he even struggled to do the basics.

If ever there was an advert not to trust Warnock to spend big money, then seeing the 2 big money signings on the bench was that today!
    Reid and not Ralls should have come on for Camarasa. And what does it do for both his and Murphy's confidence that a guy who has been playing in League 1 suddenly moves ahead of them in the pecking order.?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post

Correct

Guy just called Rob Phillips and said the same. Tan banged on about Cornelius for years yet 20m pounds worth of signings have just watched the game from the bench, having what could be described as a bit part season at best, and then watched someone who’s been on loan at a league two club getting on ahead of them.

Warnock is great at signing a free transfer in the championship and giving them a new lease of life but I wouldn’t trust him to spend big money.

He’s signed Reid with no clue how to deploy him. Did exactly the same with Tomlin last year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Reid and not Ralls should have come on for Camarasa. And what does it do for both his and Murphy's confidence that a guy who has been playing in League 1 suddenly moves ahead of them in the pecking order.?
    Exactly!

How ****ing negative was that Ralls substitution? 30 mins to go, in must win game, and an attacking midfielder comes off injured, we have 3 attacking players on the bench, and he puts on a midfielder who is massively struggling at this level.

Beggars belief.

It has to be said that Warnock has done a piss-poor job this season. I thought he might have learned a thing or two about the EPL over the years, but he's just clueless. His selection, tactics and organization are all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It has to be said that Warnock has done a piss-poor job this season. I thought he might have learned a thing or two about the EPL over the years, but he's just clueless. His selection, tactics and organization are all over the place.
    He's not up to this level, history tells us that. Admittedly he hasn't had much money to play with, but we have three players with a combined value of 26 million-One is at Sheffield United (Thankfully) and the other two were sat on their arse today while another 2 million is plying his trade at Peterborough-Why did Warnock bring in Tomlin and Reid if he doesn't have the ability to get a tune out of them?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Warnock has not done a bad job this season. We have the weakest squad in the league by some distance and every week that we spend out of the relegation zone is a small triumph.

Picking up a point when you've been second best all 90 minutes? That's what gets you promoted, isn't it? I know it's a small positive to take in a game we all wanted to win but we didn't lose and it could be a really vital point at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    pathetic display and match stats said it all. players apart from arter were lazy and didn't put in a shift.

in the brewery tap before train back!
    Where's the brewery tap? How do you get to it?

Yeah wasted cash, for this season at least.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Picking up a point when you've been second best all 90 minutes? That's what gets you promoted, isn't it? I know it's a small positive to take in a game we all wanted to win but we didn't lose and it could be a really vital point at the end of the season.
    Fair enough, but look at the performance. We have a Midfield devoid of quality, it's so ****ing bad that an average player in Camarasa is lauded like he's some kind of creative kingpin. Arter is like forest gump on steroids-he really needs two strong creative players next to him, even average ones. Gunnar looks like an old man and ralls should have his name removed from the back of his shirt and replaced with the word 'Sorry' It's absolutely dire, no method, no thought, get it to the wingers while the midfield four stay on the centre line and hope that Hoilett-Mendez etc get a free kick. Abysmal.

was it really that bad ? ? ? ?

Youngest daughter was at a football tournament and we had to miss the game

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

You should thank your daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Yes it was.

And amazingly we didn’t lose. Which shows you how poor Huddersfield were despite dominating the game. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fair enough, but look at the performance. Abysmal.
    You're right of course but we'd have lost today earlier in the season (see Burnley at home or, almost, Newcastle at home) and instead we got a bit lucky, a bit more streetwise and we picked up a point we didn't totally deserve. If we're on the road to 36 points then today moves us towards that, even if we're now 4 points behind where I would want us to be at this stage.

You're right of course but we'd have lost today earlier in the season (see Burnley at home or, almost, Newcastle at home) and instead we got a bit lucky, a bit more streetwise and we picked up a point we didn't totally deserve. If we're on the road to 36 points then today moves us towards that, even if we're now 4 points behind where I would want us to be at this stage.
    Streetwise

More like we were extremely lucky Huddersfield had zero cutting edge.

We couldn’t even trouble a side who have just lost NINE games in a row.

We didn’t have one sustained spell of pressure against them.

There is absolutely no spin that could be put on todays performance. It was diabolical.

I admire your positivity-If we had put in a performance today and lost i wouldn't be to critical of the players or manager. If i can see the manager and team trying to do the right things then there wont be any criticism from me, same in life, but today broke the biscuit for me, we didn't take any risks, couldn't string two passes together, most of our side (Hoilett aside) need three touches to get the ball under control (Mendez sometimes needs five) we can't keep the ball or play through a side at any moment during a game. It's shit, we may well survive, although the way we play is short term, no team that plays like we do can progress.

I have been very supportive of NW this season and appreciative of what he has achieved with our club but today I feel very let down. It was not the fact that we did not win today but we did not seem to want to win. To my untrained eye it seemed that we wanted to contain then and not go for the win. I am so disappointed and i am beginning to lose my faith in NW and his future with Cardiff City.

It was an awful game and I'm the first to question the long term of our vision with Warnock in charge but let's keep some perspective as well. I accept that not bringing Murphy and Reid on was a poor decision but the fact remains that Warnock has still done more for this club than probably any manager we've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Streetwise
    Don't you think so? The ball didn't go straight back to them when we conceded a free-kick, we overturned a penalty decision by moaning to the linesman... These are things that other premier league sides do, I'm not advocating going as far as other sides seem to, and that and a bit of luck got us a point.

I haven't tried to put any spin on the performance but we picked up a point more than Arsenal, Leicester, Brighton, Fulham and Palace did today. As bad as the performance was that is a small positive.