+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sala on his way here for talks.

Sala on his way here for talks.

Re: Sala on his way here for talks.

Wonder if the rumours of our 13m euro bid from Genk are true then. If so, we've had a very busy day. Don't think it would suggest we're looking at 2 strikers (although we probably could do with them). Hopefully we can wrap this one up before Saturday and look for a midfielder too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Not3s View Post
    Wonder if the rumours of our 13m euro bid from Genk are true then. If so, we've had a very busy day. Don't think it would suggest we're looking at 2 strikers (although we probably could do with them). Hopefully we can wrap this one up before Saturday and look for a midfielder too.
    The club have put multiple bids in for players, if Warnock's comments are to be believed. Although if you listen to some, we're sitting on our hands waiting for something to happen.

'Sala remains highly sceptical about a move to Cardiff City according to French media'

Still being mentioned in other places that we withdrew from Tameze to increase the budget for Sala. This isn't the case.

They were 2 separate deals and funding had been in place with both. Even salary had been agreed and medical arranged with Tameze.

SSN Just showed him walking through the doors at the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Still being mentioned in other places that we withdrew from Tameze to increase the budget for Sala. This isn't the case.

They were 2 separate deals and funding had been in place with both. Even salary had been agreed and medical arranged with Tameze.
    What went wrong then with Tameze?

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    What went wrong then with Tameze?
    Honestly don't know. But something between the financials being agreed and him turning up for his medical.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    https://twitter.com/morganedwards01/...43467237441537

Here's the video if anyone is keen

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wonder how long he kept that jacket on for ?

Write up on Sala here:
    https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...op-Version.pdf

He's 18th, page 120.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Wonder how long he kept that jacket on for ?
    Didn't bring his gym kit with him!

Write up on Sala here:

He's 18th, page 120.
    I've not had much of an opinion on Sala since the speculation started because I know so little about him. However, that's the best write up I've read on him by a distance, so thanks for posting the link - trouble is, having read it, I must say I have a few doubts (I'm still far from convinced he'll sign for us mind).

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Didn't bring his gym kit with him!
    doing it in his socks and pants then

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've not had much of an opinion on Sala since the speculation started because I know so little about him. However, that's the best write up I've read on him by a distance, so thanks for posting the link - trouble is, having read it, I must say I have a few doubts (I'm still far from convinced he'll sign for us mind).
    It seems we've agreed to include a relegation release clause in his contract. Still, 12 goals in each of his last 2 and half seasons isn't a terrible return for a pretty average side. I think we've all got major doubts, which haven't been helped by Warnock's big money signings that precede him! Ranieri was interested, which does give me some comfort.

It seems we've agreed to include a relegation release clause in his contract. Still, 12 goals in each of his last 2 and half seasons isn't a terrible return for a pretty average side. I think we've all got major doubts, which haven't been helped by Warnock's big money signings that precede him! Ranieri was interested, which does give me some comfort.
    Dammed if we do, Dammed if we dont

got to try something, as we are out of idea's and options at the mo

Watford were very interested. They have a 3 page thread on him.

If we can get him, granted he doesn't fill me with confidence, it's one need filled. Hopefully get another midfielder in, which in my opinion is a huge need at this point. Right back if we can, Moses would be excellent, albeit unlikely... then maybe another striker.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Reading that, if we're really after a right wing back, we should be approaching Nantes for Enock Kwateng as well!

Write up on Sala here:

He's 18th, page 120.
    As 2018 draws to a close and one looks back at the events of the past 12 months, perhaps it is necessary – considering what he has achieved in that time – for a few people to revisit their view of Emiliano Sala. For much of his career, he has been a figure of fun for many in the French football fraternity. A tall, gangly striker with little in the way of a good first touch or control of the ball, often missing makeable chances when well-positioned, and displaying very little in the way of subtlety. He has even been referred to in some quarters as a cult hero – not necessarily a good thing for a centre-forward who should usually fit the straight-forward hero mould, rather than the more tongue-in-cheek version.
    He sounds perfect for us.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He sounds perfect for us.
    I read that bit & thought L F-W

Sounds like s taller, more expensive version of Madine.

“If Sala scores, we’re on the pitch...”

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Hope they check that urinal before showing him round!

Well we've got a ready made song for him... another plagiarism from the scousers.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Dammed if we do, Dammed if we dont

got to try something, as we are out of idea's and options at the mo
    Zachary