+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This Sala fellah - is it just me?

This Sala fellah - is it just me?

If Sala signs for us then I'll be pleased and give him all the support that I would any player who plays for us. (like everyone else, I'm hoping for a Bob Hatton/Tony Evans/Jimmy Gilligan/Jeff Hemmerman type impact rather than a Ronnie Moore/Gary Madine/Andreas Cornelius one!)

However, I find it odd that there appears to be some reticence on his part in coming to Cardiff City. Normally when a player flies in, as he has eventually done, the deal doesn't take long to get completed, so why has he gone home?

Now this may be media talk, or agents messing things up as usual, but when signing a player (like hiring someone) showing a desire and willingness to move is pretty important! And yet, it feels a bit as if we are begging him to come.

Now I know that we are desperate for a striker, and agreeing and negotiating contracts requires patience, but this is surely not a good way to start any working relationship?

Re: This Sala fellah - is it just me?

It's one of two things for me. Either..

1. He came over to talk and be sold the dream. He wasn't interested and has flown back home.

2. He came over to talk and be sold the dream. He's gone back to say goodbye to his teammates and arrange to bring his belongings with him.

He wants a bigger club to come in. They probably are interested but we'll pay Nantes the most money. Man wants to better himself shocker. Give him a break, we'd all do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He wants a bigger club to come in. They probably are interested but we'll pay Nantes the most money. Man wants to better himself shocker. Give him a break, we'd all do the same.
    Like Capoue and Wanyama then.

I clearly have different values to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Like Capoue and Wanyama then.

I clearly have different values to you!
    What values might they be? If you thought a bigger and better job could come up in a week, you wouldn't wait and see? He's not a Cardiff fan, he's an Argentine who's played in France his entire career. If he wasn't interested, he wouldn't have come yesterday.

What values might they be? If you thought a bigger and better job could come up in a week, you wouldn't wait and see? He's not a Cardiff fan, he's an Argentine who's played in France his entire career. If he wasn't interested, he wouldn't have come yesterday.
    I have made a point of not messing people about in my ‘career’, and have never misled anyone when moving jobs, for what it is worth. So it sounds like we are quite different.

I still think that his lack of commitment is a concern.

I have made a point of not messing people about in my ‘career’, and have never misled anyone when moving jobs, for what it is worth. So it sounds like we are quite different.

I still think that his lack of commitment is a concern.
    He's not messing us about. Do you really think that we've never bid for anyone as a back up? Warnock said we have 9-10 bids in for players. Maybe he's told us the full story and we're pressing ahead. Maybe he doesn't really want to come but feels he's coming for the money, that would be a worry. Maybe he really wants to come, or he just wants to play in Europe. We've got the smallest wage bill, our manager went on a bizarre Brexit rant, we don't create chances and we're odds on to go down, amazingly we're not a massive draw.

This article gives a bit more insight into Sala and Nantes possible situation, good read.

The truth behind rumours Emiliano Sala 'doesn't want' to join Cardiff City

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-sala-15680375

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    This article gives a bit more insight into Sala and Nantes possible situation, good read.

Nothing new there. It's just re-iterating all of the other opinions in circulation. I could easily have written that based on the information readily available, except perhaps his current salary. Most of it is already in threads on this board.

We've joked many times on here about driving a player to another club, in this case the Nantes president basically flew him here, as he's desperate for the money. Which may mean the fee could be lower if City front load the deal.

Prefer either of the available Everton strikers,particularly Big Sam’s £37m signing Tuson for £20m?

Thanks - a good read as you say.

And some interesting comments at the end....!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    It's one of two things for me. Either..

1. He came over to talk and be sold the dream. He wasn't interested and has flown back home.

2. He came over to talk and be sold the dream. He's gone back to say goodbye to his teammates and arrange to bring his belongings with him.
    3. He considers himself to be part of "the rest of the world".

Thanks - a good read as you say.

And some interesting comments at the end....!
    To be honest while this saga rolls on the chances are we will miss out on other options who might actually want to come here. No confidence Sala will sign at all , I think its dragging on way too long.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/cardiff-ci...s-make-impact/

According to these he's reportedly gonna be earning around €300k a month

He's not messing us about. Do you really think that we've never bid for anyone as a back up? Warnock said we have 9-10 bids in for players. Maybe he's told us the full story and we're pressing ahead. Maybe he doesn't really want to come but feels he's coming for the money, that would be a worry. Maybe he really wants to come, or he just wants to play in Europe. We've got the smallest wage bill, our manager went on a bizarre Brexit rant, we don't create chances and we're odds on to go down, amazingly we're not a massive draw.
    If a player gets on a plane to travel to another country to discuss terms and have a medical I think it could be presumed he's close to signing. Whether City have mis-read the situation and tried a bit too hard and put the cart before the horse, is anyone's guess..

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    http://sportwitness.co.uk/cardiff-ci...s-make-impact/

According to these he's reportedly gonna be earning around €300k a month
    That's 70k a week. Id be surprised. But then I constantly am surprised by football finances.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's 70k a week. Id be surprised. But then I constantly am surprised by football finances.
    Honestly can't see us paying £70k a week when he's only currently earning £9k

Wouldn't be surprised if they've offered him £10k goal bonus thou

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If a player gets on a plane to travel to another country to discuss terms and have a medical I think it could be presumed he's close to signing. Whether City have mis-read the situation and tried a bit too hard and put the cart before the horse, is anyone's guess..
    Or he's actually signing and he's going back to Nantes before we finalise the details.

Sky reporting Sala has told Nantes he want to come to Cardiff. What a bastard. Making us wait 24 hours.

Sky reporting Sala has told Nantes he want to come to Cardiff. What a bastard. Making us wait 24 hours.
    BREAKING NEWS

Emiliano Sala has told Nantes he wants to leave and sign for Cardiff City.

Sala had talks yesterday with Cardiff manager Neil Warnock and chief executive Ken Choo.

His agent Meissa N’Diaye and the agent acting for Nantes Mark McKay were also at the meeting.

Sala feels very positive after the meeting and Cardiff are now the club he wants to join.