Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gillette advert

Gillette advert

We Believe: The Best Men Can Be

Re: Gillette advert

Short version:

First time Ive watched it after seeing all the uproar.

So basically people are getting offended at being told to try and be nice?

People who spend all their time calling others snowflakes online are getting outraged over an advert that won’t even be shown in the country which is basically about being nicer to each other.

You couldn’t make it up

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    First time Ive watched it after seeing all the uproar.

So basically people are getting offended at being told to try and be nice?
    I'm the same. I'm confused as to why people are annoyed?

One of those things I see and wonder how anyone can have the energy to get worked up about it. Insecure people with way too much time on their hands.

It was a gutsy move by the company to do this. I'm sure we've all stepped in to stop some dickhead 'friend' doing something disrespectful. If those idiots get offended by this, good. I hope it gives some others the courage to put their morals ahead of their loyalty to their friends.

The advert has an excellent message regarding challenging inappropriate behaviour. Not sure how it will sell razor blades though.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    The advert has an excellent message regarding challenging inappropriate behaviour. Not sure how it will sell razor blades though.
    Publicity!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    It generates good PR for Gillette, just like Nike did with Kaepernick. It's a bit cynical but I suppose that's advertising!

Keyboard activists being keyboard activists.

Imagine being offended by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Imagine being offended by this?
    Ridiculous isn't it? All it asks is for people to respect other human beings. If it was Christmas and the message was "peace on earth" no one would bat an eyelid.

I was slightly offended by the ladies bladder leakage advert, that was shown just before the Spurs v Utd on Sunday ,where was the mans leakage absorbing pantie liner ,bloody scandalous #metooleak

Reminded me of them Jehovah witness books me ole mum used to read, loved the breaking up of a black gang fight getting them to shake hands, try it around where I live and you really got an advert about blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Publicity!
    Hasn't made me buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It generates good PR for Gillette, just like Nike did with Kaepernick. It's a bit cynical but I suppose that's advertising!
    The only Nike advert I know is "Just do it" which were the last words spoken by Gary Gilmore, the murderer who campaigned to have his death sentence carried out and elected to be shot by firing squad in 1977.

Nothing really wrong with it, a little but too political for a shaving company. But to be fair the amount of times I have had to step in and stop some friends acting like ***** in public is unreal, so agree with that sentiment!

The only part I did not like is stopping the boys from play fighting, young boys naturally play fight, it is a good way to learn their own strength and limits, it is seen in nature all the time. No coincidence that boys who partake in competitive sports like boxing, rugby, football, seem to develop extremely well socially.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Nothing really wrong with it, a little but too political for a shaving company. But to be fair the amount of times I have had to step in and stop some friends acting like ***** in public is unreal, so agree with that sentiment!

The only part I did not like is stopping the boys from play fighting, young boys naturally play fight, it is a good way to learn their own strength and limits, it is seen in nature all the time. No coincidence that boys who partake in competitive sports like boxing, rugby, football, seem to develop extremely well socially.
    I'm not saying it is, just asking for others' opinions, as I'm not sure - is this cultural Marxism in action? The reason I'm not sure is that I don't like women being treated as inferior sex objects............. and I also don't like boys/men being treated as misogynists, rapists, sexist, when only a tiny minority are. Anyway, Gillette is owned by Proctor & Gamble, who are owned by Vanguard, BlackRock, State Street, etc, etc, so perhaps there IS an agenda after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    I'm not saying it is, just asking for others' opinions, as I'm not sure - is this cultural Marxism in action? The reason I'm not sure is that I don't like women being treated as inferior sex objects............. and I also don't like boys/men being treated as misogynists, rapists, sexist, when only a tiny minority are. Anyway, Gillette is owned by Proctor & Gamble, who are owned by Vanguard, BlackRock, State Street, etc, etc, so perhaps there IS an agenda after all.
    Why does any of that convince you that there is an agenda?

How much awareness do you think executives of holding companies have over the content of adverts?

It's people with beards we now need to keep an eye on then............

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post

Let's be honest, the reason for the ad is probably to commercially exploit us (by Gillette being associated with moral behaviour) rather than being made for altruistic reasons. For the same reason we are handed plastic tokens in the supermarket that make us carry our a conscious act for a good cause'. Call me cynical....

Not offended by it but it just seems a pointless advert that's making out as if all men act that way. Just don't get the point. Stick to telling me about how your new blade will give me the cleanest smoothest shave ever ever.

Can you imagine what would happen with a female version, women be better by learning to cook, satisfying your man and getting the beer in. Riots in the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Have you seen the comments on the video? Apparently Gillette have been deleting them like crazy, and also manipulating the number of likes and dislikes. It looks more like an OG to me.