+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gillette advert

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gillette advert

The advert has an excellent message regarding challenging inappropriate behaviour. Not sure how it will sell razor blades though.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    The advert has an excellent message regarding challenging inappropriate behaviour. Not sure how it will sell razor blades though.
    It generates good PR for Gillette, just like Nike did with Kaepernick. It's a bit cynical but I suppose that's advertising!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It generates good PR for Gillette, just like Nike did with Kaepernick. It's a bit cynical but I suppose that's advertising!
    The only Nike advert I know is "Just do it" which were the last words spoken by Gary Gilmore, the murderer who campaigned to have his death sentence carried out and elected to be shot by firing squad in 1977.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Have you seen the comments on the video? Apparently Gillette have been deleting them like crazy, and also manipulating the number of likes and dislikes. It looks more like an OG to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Have you seen the comments on the video? Apparently Gillette have been deleting them like crazy, and also manipulating the number of likes and dislikes. It looks more like an OG to me.
    Definitely not offended people who were busy burning their Nike trainers a few months ago were saying the same things about Nike and they seem to have done OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Definitely not offended people who were busy burning their Nike trainers a few months ago were saying the same things about Nike and they seem to have done OK.
    Best bit people were buying Nike stuff to burn. Or burning them while wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Nike's stock went up when the same thing happened with CK. People who like it don't comment.