+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gillette advert

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gillette advert

I await with baited breath, the adverts for sanitary products changing to be the best a woman can get.

Generalizing for the whole menstruating female population, because x % become crazy, irrational, aggressive and some violent.

Some women can be extremely manipulative, withholding and controlling, emotionally and physically and a lot of coercive control. Some of their behaviours emasculate men.

How about we treat people as people and not try to get a one upmanship based on an agenda or gender.

Re: Gillette advert

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    I await with baited breath, the adverts for sanitary products changing to be the best a woman can get.

Generalizing for the whole menstruating female population, because x % become crazy, irrational, aggressive and some violent.

Some women can be extremely manipulative, withholding and controlling, emotionally and physically and a lot of coercive control. Some of their behaviours emasculate men.

How about we treat people as people and not try to get a one upmanship based on an agenda or gender.
    I think the point is that the amount of men who feel uncomfortable by women's behaviour is miniscule compared to the amount of women made uncomfortable by men's - you must have been in situations where women are made to feel uneasy by men's behaviour, be that ogling them, making comments, unwelcome touching or worse. I've had to tell mates to cut it out, I'd bet most of us have, so in the same way there's adverts telling us not to drink and drive, there's less adverts telling people not to drive blindfolded because that's less of an issue.

Of course some women are crazy, irrational, aggressive etc but you can't focus campaigns about every single negative thing in the world so you make them about the biggest issues and, like it or not, the stuff in that advert is an issue and always has been, it's just we're developing into a society which talks about and challenges this stuff.