+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gillette advert

Re: Gillette advert

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Have you seen the comments on the video? Apparently Gillette have been deleting them like crazy, and also manipulating the number of likes and dislikes. It looks more like an OG to me.
    Definitely not offended people who were busy burning their Nike trainers a few months ago were saying the same things about Nike and they seem to have done OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Have you seen the comments on the video? Apparently Gillette have been deleting them like crazy, and also manipulating the number of likes and dislikes. It looks more like an OG to me.
    Nike's stock went up when the same thing happened with CK. People who like it don't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Definitely not offended people who were busy burning their Nike trainers a few months ago were saying the same things about Nike and they seem to have done OK.
    Best bit people were buying Nike stuff to burn. Or burning them while wearing them.

I await with baited breath, the adverts for sanitary products changing to be the best a woman can get.

Generalizing for the whole menstruating female population, because x % become crazy, irrational, aggressive and some violent.

Some women can be extremely manipulative, withholding and controlling, emotionally and physically and a lot of coercive control. Some of their behaviours emasculate men.

How about we treat people as people and not try to get a one upmanship based on an agenda or gender.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    I await with baited breath, the adverts for sanitary products changing to be the best a woman can get.

Generalizing for the whole menstruating female population, because x % become crazy, irrational, aggressive and some violent.

Some women can be extremely manipulative, withholding and controlling, emotionally and physically and a lot of coercive control. Some of their behaviours emasculate men.

How about we treat people as people and not try to get a one upmanship based on an agenda or gender.
    When did everyone on this board become such weird old *****? It’s honestly not even worth reading any more. It’s the daily mail comments section for sad old welsh men.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    When did everyone on this board become such weird old *****? It’s honestly not even worth reading any more. It’s the daily mail comments section for sad old welsh men.
    They are definitely not upset about this advert for suggesting that it's good to try to be a nice bloke though.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Nothing really wrong with it, a little but too political for a shaving company. But to be fair the amount of times I have had to step in and stop some friends acting like ***** in public is unreal, so agree with that sentiment!

The only part I did not like is stopping the boys from play fighting, young boys naturally play fight, it is a good way to learn their own strength and limits, it is seen in nature all the time. No coincidence that boys who partake in competitive sports like boxing, rugby, football, seem to develop extremely well socially.

The boy on the ground has got ginger hair, the scene is meant to show bullying rather than play fighting.

Why are so many professional footballers ar5eholes then? And how do girls who take part in competitive sports like boxing, rugby and football develop socially?

Suggest you stop looking in the mirror when you come out with such crap as that post.

You generalise wildly like a spoilt brat.

Grow up and debate. When you can do that, I'll respond likewise.

I'm not offended by the ad. Just aware what it is trying to achieve for its product: illusory gravitas.

Suggest you stop looking in the mirror when you come out with such crap as that post.

You generalise wildly like a spoilt brat.

Grow up and debate. When you can do that, I'll respond likewise.
    I wouldn’t waste my time pal, carry on being a lunatic for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'm not offended by the ad. Just aware what it is trying to achieve for its product: illusory gravitas.
    This is exactly what people should be getting annoyed at not the message itself.

The problem is there is such a weird outrage culture these days, usually from people who call people snowflakes. The irony is lost on them though.

The same people getting worked up and offended by an advert are the same people who think people are snowflakes because they are for genuine social justice.

Go back through the post history of the bed wetters in this thread and anything about racism and sexism is talked down as people being snowflakes or social justice warriors but then they’re pissing their knickers about a boring razor blade ad.

It’s so transparent and pathetic it’s unreal.

Everybody? Three at most in this thread I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Everybody? Three at most in this thread I'd say.
    If Croesy says everyone, then it must be right, as he knows everything.

Thanks mate, means a lot x

I think the point is that the amount of men who feel uncomfortable by women's behaviour is miniscule compared to the amount of women made uncomfortable by men's - you must have been in situations where women are made to feel uneasy by men's behaviour, be that ogling them, making comments, unwelcome touching or worse. I've had to tell mates to cut it out, I'd bet most of us have, so in the same way there's adverts telling us not to drink and drive, there's less adverts telling people not to drive blindfolded because that's less of an issue.

Of course some women are crazy, irrational, aggressive etc but you can't focus campaigns about every single negative thing in the world so you make them about the biggest issues and, like it or not, the stuff in that advert is an issue and always has been, it's just we're developing into a society which talks about and challenges this stuff.

Much ado about nowt.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Much ado about nowt.
    Mach ado about nowt

FTFY

Anyone who went to Cantonian in the early seventies will remember Mrs W********, who was nicknamed 'Gillette' due to her seven o'clock shadow. She once crept up behind me in class and punched me between the shoulder blades for being naughty.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Anyone who went to Cantonian in the early seventies will remember Mrs W********, who was nicknamed 'Gillette' due to her seven o'clock shadow. She once crept up behind me in class and punched me between the shoulder blades for being naughty.
    Fake news. Can’t believe you were ever naughty 😁

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Fake news. Can’t believe you were ever naughty ��