+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Darts - Q School

Darts - Q School

Mark McGeeney has won a tour card for the PDC. Jamie Hughes, twice semi finalist at Lakeside also qualifies.

Strong Welsh interest with Jonathan Worsely, Jim Williams, Barry Bates, Kevin Thomas, John Davey and Dafydd Edwards well placed after 2 days of action.

3 time consecutive Lakeside champion Glen Durrant and twice champ Scott Waites have both had poor days and need a big effort to get a tour card.

Re: Darts - Q School

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Mark McGeeney has won a tour card for the PDC. Jamie Hughes, twice semi finalist at Lakeside also qualifies.

Strong Welsh interest with Jonathan Worsely, Jim Williams, Barry Bates, Kevin Thomas, John Davey and Dafydd Edwards well placed after 2 days of action.

3 time consecutive Lakeside champion Glen Durrant and twice champ Scott Waites have both had poor days and need a big effort to get a tour card.
    Scott Baker got his card today too, he lost to Durrant in the second round of the BDO thing last week.

John Part lost to Dean Winstanley's missus yesterday, not a career high point for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Scott Baker got his card today too, he lost to Durrant in the second round of the BDO thing last week.

John Part lost to Dean Winstanley's missus yesterday, not a career high point for him.
    Nope, I'm surprised Part is taking, er, part. Lorraine is a tidy dart player who might flourish given the opportunity. Lisa Ashton was going to have a go but hasn't taken part. I'm all for women trying to be as good as men at darts (joke).

It would be a major embarrassment for Durrant if he didn't win a tour card. Would love to see Jim Williams get one. Going professional should see him be the top Welsh dart player in a year, knocking that prick Price of his pedestal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Nope, I'm surprised Part is taking, er, part. Lorraine is a tidy dart player who might flourish given the opportunity. Lisa Ashton was going to have a go but hasn't taken part. I'm all for women trying to be as good as men at darts (joke).

It would be a major embarrassment for Durrant if he didn't win a tour card. Would love to see Jim Williams get one. Going professional should see him be the top Welsh dart player in a year, knocking that prick Price of his pedestal.
    Williams has started well and is in with a good chance of winning his card. He looked very good in the bits I managed to stay awake for last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Williams has started well and is in with a good chance of winning his card. He looked very good in the bits I managed to stay awake for last week.

It's sad to see the demise of what was the greatest darts tournament but it cannot compete any more. Saying that, the PDC one was one of the worst in years.