+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blackburn v Newcastle

Blackburn v Newcastle

Toon up 2 - 0

Blackburn back to 2 - 2 at HT

Newcastle suffering injuries. Clark taken off at HT and replaced by Lascelles but Lascelles tweaks hamstring 60 seconds aafter coming on. Crazily Rafa hasn't taken him off yet

Re: Blackburn v Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Toon up 2 - 0

Blackburn back to 2 - 2 at HT

Newcastle suffering injuries. Clark taken off at HT and replaced by Lascelles but Lascelles tweaks hamstring 60 seconds aafter coming on. Crazily Rafa hasn't taken him off yet
    Plenty of Newcastle injuries will suit us fine. Get stuck in Blackburn. Please add a couple of red cards ref. We need all the help we can get.

Newcastle United

Lascelles (hamstring 2 mins after coming on) and Clark both injured tonight

Thats Newcastle 2 centre halves out for Saturday which is nice - if we had any strikers that could have been a concern

Re: Newcastle United

whoops sorry Mike didnt see your post !

Fernandez still available

Lejeun, Schär, probably the other options.

If Morrison is out we are even thinner on the ground mind

It’d be the ideal game for Sala to make his debut in if we can get it sorted

FT 2:2

Extra time to be played

FT 2:2

Extra time to be played
    Good news.....

I’m not familiar with the Newcastle squad. How many first choice players are playing tonight?

HT in ET

Blackburn 2 - 3 Newcastle.

Looked a tad offside as Newcastle take the lead in the 4th min of added time at end of first half of ET

2-4 (115 mins)

Newcastle will think they are the bees knees now

2-4 (115 mins)

Newcastle will think they are the bees knees now
    False dawn let them think their good ,we will show em how good they can be .🙄

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    False dawn let them think their good ,we will show em how good they can be .🙄
    funny how one linesman can`t spot an obvious offside, the other can see through goalposts to give a corner that shouldn`t have been (19:31 into extra time) . (just replayed it in slow mo - sad i know but can`t see how the linesman was so sure it was a corner)

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    I’m not familiar with the Newcastle squad. How many first choice players are playing tonight?
    A few starters from Saturday including Clark and Lescalles who both got injured.

The most likely replacement for one of them, Fernandez, played the full 120 minutes.

Positive for us, but we’ve got problems of our own

Schär and Hayden both also struggling with knocks at the end

A positive outcome as far as City are concerned. Newcastle still in the FA Cup means at least one more match they have to play with the possibility of more injuries/yellow and red cards. It's a dog eat dog scrap now to see who stays up. I just hope Saturday's match isn't as dire as Huddersfield. A 92nd minute winner? Sala on for the last 10 mins?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Schär and Hayden both also struggling with knocks at the end
    Good job we have lots of fit strikers then

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    A few starters from Saturday including Clark and Lescalles who both got injured.

The most likely replacement for one of them, Fernandez, played the full 120 minutes.

Positive for us, but we’ve got problems of our own
    Warnock said on talkSPORT this morning that we've got four or five players injured ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Warnock said on talkSPORT this morning that we've got four or five players injured ourselves.
    I'm guessing we could be missing both Paterson and Camarasa on Saturday which would be a blow, they were both struggling last Saturday. Maybe also Morrison if he's in hospital this week and there were a few others like Bamba and Arter who seemed to be suffering towards the end of the Huddersfield game, could leave us pretty short on numbers. Hopefully Newcastle will be without both Clark and Lascelles

Morrison, Ken, Paterson, Camarasa and maybe Ward out?

Rhys Healey up front

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    F*cking hell I’m taking my boots up with me!!!