+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Okazaki...?

Okazaki...?

The Mirror say we're eyeing Leicester's Shinji Okazaki, 32:

"Cardiff are interested in landing unsettled Leicester striker Shinji Okazaki.
    The 32-year-old title-winner is ready to quit The Foxes over lack of game time.
    He’s out of contract at the end of the season and has told Leicester boss Claude Puel that he wants out.
    Now Cardiff have joined fellow relegation strugglers Huddersfield in expressing an interest in the Japan international.
    Okazaki’s wage demands are likely to push both clubs but the fact that he would be a free agent in the summer helps balance things up.
    Leicester are reluctant to let Okazaki go out on loan although he was left completely out of the squad for the 2-1 home defeat against Southampton at the weekend.
    Okazaki said: “I can’t feel satisfied as a player. After three-and-a-half years, maybe it’s time to move on.
    “I have no intention of quarrelling with the team, but I will make my feelings known.”
    Okazaki would ideally like to see out his career in Europe with one eye on the next World Cup in Qatar.

Are we that desperate? He's always struck me as no more than decent back up; and he'd be on big wages.

Re: Okazaki...?

Might be decent playing behind Sala if we got him? Seems a strange one but we don’t have enough creativity in the squad currently.

The opposite of what we need

You can just see it now, he comes here, is useless, and the City fans start calling him Sakakaki.

I thought he was quite good - can't understand why Leicester don't use him more

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I thought he was quite good - can't understand why Leicester don't use him more
    Because he's 32 and needs 5 chances per goal. Headless chicken. Avoid.