+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nantes reject Cardiff bid - French media

Nantes reject Cardiff bid - French media

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-15684194

This is going well !!!

Reports in French media are claiming that Cardiff City’s £13million offer (€15million) has been rejected by Nantes.

The tweet below translates to: “According to our information the FC Nantes closed the negotiations with Cardiff for the transfer of the attacker Emiliano Sala, because of the decline of the offer of the Welsh club (15m instead € of 22m €). But in these times of mercato, the moods change quickly...”

Re: Nantes reject Cardiff bid - French media

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Quelle suprise! Warnock should have locked the doors at the CCS and not let him out till he signed. Let's hope Sala turns out (if he comes) to be the messiah and not just a naughty boy, like Tomlin.

I doubt he would have been allowed to talk to us if the fee wasn't agreed. This just seems like spin.

Complete guesswork on my part and I'm not being entirely serious here, but the previously unenthusiastic Sala starts saying he wants to come here and his club rejects our bid claiming the amount offered has been reduced - could it be that some of the money originally destined for Nantes' coffers has been diverted into Sala's proposed wage packet at Cardiff?

No way should be paying that ridiculous fee, time to move on, we did our best, increase our bid for Mbwana Samatta!

I don't want any players at the club who don't want to be there in the first place.

Honestly why would he be released for talks if a fee wasn't agreed?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Honestly why would he be released for talks if a fee wasn't agreed?
    Agreed, apart from the great odemwingie players don't rock up at clubs unless a deal has been agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Complete guesswork on my part and I'm not being entirely serious here, but the previously unenthusiastic Sala starts saying he wants to come here and his club rejects our bid claiming the amount offered has been reduced - could it be that some of the money originally destined for Nantes' coffers has been diverted into Sala's proposed wage packet at Cardiff?
    I think Bordeaux get half of any agreed fee with Nantes so it was always going to be an expensive transfer, Nantes are going to push this for every Euro they can. Time to move on maybe ?

We need some striker by Saturday.....big call for vinnie here

Looks like some serious negotiating skills are requirrd here. Time to get Theresa on the case.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Looks like some serious negotiating skills are requirrd here. Time to get Theresa on the case.
    That`s one way of not getting him !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I sincerely hope we have a plan B ready for quick action.
    Something tells me we are being played here

The actual report from the local French publication. Personally I think this is just part of the negotiation end game. Didn't Mehmet say £18m (€20m)

https://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/fo...anquedecontenu

It seems we have reduced our offer by €7m once Sala had agreed terms

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    The actual report from the local French publication. Personally I think this is just part of the negotiation end game. Didn't Mehmet say £18m (€20m)

You don't release your star player without agreeing a fee.
    You don't send your 70 year old manager over to France to then back-track on an agreed fee. Likewise you don't travel to discuss a player who has no interest in joining you; despite the constant reports.
    You don't mess around flying players in and out of the country to back-track on an agreed fee.

The 50% sell on clause is a massive issue and has been throughout; it's Nantes issue to deal with; but I dare say we've been trying to help where we can.

The problem with the way that this is being played out is that this deal is now ripe to be gazumped by any club that meets the original fee we agreed, and knowing what terms the player is looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

WOL latest, covering all bases it`s all in the translation.

Have Nantes 'called off' negotiations?

Despite the wording of those media reports in France that Nantes have ‘called off’ negotiations with Cardiff City over Emiliano Sala, a word of caution.

Those are translations, so what’s important and clear is that the French side have rejected the Bluebirds’ bid of around £13million.

This saga isn’t quite over, with Cardiff surely set to lodge another offer if they want to land their man.

This is very similar to the LFW saga

I'd be surprised if this is true. You don't release a player for talks without agreeing a fee

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This is very similar to the LFW saga
    Yeah, and we all ended up doing the Leo Leo

We just need to get a deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The consensus of the directors across the board would be split on this matter and it could end up as a fans people vote to establish a quick way forward, hopefully with no hard borders .

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    He will be off to spurs to replace injured Harry before we know it

The club are embarrassing themselves off the field at the moment.

Warnock's comments about brexit, crying about the Clyne deal, a lack of a back up option for Clyne, this ongoing saga, and if we've really lowered our bid (which is probably true as we'd have had to agree a deal in the first place to get him over here for talks) then it's a joke.

Premier League side, dog and duck outfit off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    The club are embarrassing themselves off the field at the moment.

Warnock's comments about brexit, crying about the Clyne deal, a lack of a back up option for Clyne, this ongoing saga, and if we've really lowered our bid (which is probably true as we'd have had to agree a deal in the first place to get him over here for talks) then it's a joke.

Premier League side, dog and duck outfit off the pitch.
    Not like you to be negative?