+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City bid for Camarasa

City bid for Camarasa

Cardiff 'submit substantial offer' for Camarasa, according to Spanish reports
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-15684194

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...er-league.html

Re: City bid for Camarasa

I saw this earlier, great that the club are stepping up, but Betis and the player want to wait until the summer before taking their best option and fattest fee by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    I saw this earlier, great that the club are stepping up, but Betis and the player want to wait until the summer before taking their best option and fattest fee by the looks of it.
    Aye. That's what the Spanish press are saying.

On top of that, it says that he's gatting attention from "bigger clubs"..... which we already knew. Release clause of somewhere around the 23 million quid mark . Says we've tabled a 15 million euro bid. However, I reckon even if we upped our bid and Betis accepted, the player would probably be wise to hold on till the end of the season, as I imagine championship football would be something he'd like to avoid.

I'd be very surprised to see him sign a permanent contract in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Aye. That's what the Spanish press are saying.

On top of that, it says that he's gatting attention from "bigger clubs"..... which we already knew. Release clause of somewhere around the 23 million quid mark . Says we've tabled a 15 million euro bid. However, I reckon even if we upped our bid and Betis accepted, the player would probably be wise to hold on till the end of the season, as I imagine championship football would be something he'd like to avoid.

I'd be very surprised to see him sign a permanent contract in January.
    I think we need to make best use of his ability while we have him. I can`t see us getting him in January or the summer to be honest.

Not sure why we would submit a bid when Camarasa doesn't want to sign for us permanently in January and is on loan here until the end of the season.

I think he'll stay if we stay up. He won't go back to Betis and knows he's adored here, would he get into the first team at an Everton? I'm not sure

Surely the club asked him before submitting a bit ....doesnt make sense otherwise

Víctor Camarasa, Betis midfielder who is playing in Cardiff, recently promoted to the Premier League this season, loaned without purchase option by Real Betis, manages a juicy offer from Cardiff himself and knows firsthand the interest of other clubs of higher level, with which he currently competes, and his future looks set to continue in British football

Cardiff himself had already made an offer of 15 million euros to Real Betis in the winter market due to the transfer of the midfielder, but both the club and the player himself, with a contract at Betis until 2022, prefer to wait until the end of the season. the season to solve about their future. First you have to see how the Welsh finishes the Championship - they are one point above the drop zone - and then both Betis and the player will study in detail the offers they have on the table. At the moment, the assignment without purchase option will be maintained until the end of the season.

Camarasa has become a key player in Cardiff, with whom he has played 22 games this season, in which he has scored 3 goals and 2 assists. At Betis they are clear that he is a player with a large market in British football, where he adapts perfectly for his characteristics, being a great round-trip player (box to box), although he does not fit in the type of player he is looking for. Setién for Real Betis.

The club that wants to get their services must approach a lot, but the entire deposit, to its termination clause, of 25 million euros, of which 20% (5 million) correspond to the Levant. That same amount, 25 million euros, are what Betis has to pay to PSG (already disbursed 3 for the transfer) to be made definitively with the Lo Celso pass.

Signing Camarasa now does not improve our midfield in the short term. Whilst i would be very pleased that he joined us permanently I would prefer that we looked for an improvement on Gunnarsson first.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Signing Camarasa now does not improve our midfield in the short term. Whilst i would be very pleased that he joined us permanently I would prefer that we looked for an improvement on Gunnarsson first.
    Why not do both? Or sign Camarasa and get a loanee? If we can get him to sign, we should. He's a very good player who presumably likes Cardiff and has settled in well.

If we sign him, our squad this season does not improve. If we stay up sign him, he's class and would be a huge miss. If we sign him now, all that would do is bring forward the payment of 15 million which should be spent on a midfielder and right back

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    If we sign him, our squad this season does not improve. If we stay up sign him, he's class and would be a huge miss. If we sign him now, all that would do is bring forward the payment of 15 million which should be spent on a midfielder and right back
    If we sign him permanently wouldn't that allow us to bring in another loan player?

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post
    If we sign him permanently wouldn't that allow us to bring in another loan player?
    We can have 4, 2 domestic. So yes, which is what I'd imagine they're doing. Or at least I hope. It could be why they pulled out of Tameze, they think they can get a loanee in and have the funds to buy Camarasa. That's just a theory, I'm far from ITK!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Why not do both? Or sign Camarasa and get a loanee? If we can get him to sign, we should. He's a very good player who presumably likes Cardiff and has settled in well.
    I would be very happy if we could do both if we also got the striker and right back that we need as well. If available money is an issue during this window then signing a striker, right back and another midfield should be the priority with the signing of Camarasa deferred until the summer ( assuming our survival ). There is a risk here in that Camarasa might become an attractive proposition for other Premier clubs but perhaps that risk is secondary to our survival ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I would be very happy if we could do both if we also got the striker and right back that we need as well. If available money is an issue during this window then signing a striker, right back and another midfield should be the priority with the signing of Camarasa deferred until the summer ( assuming our survival ). There is a risk here in that Camarasa might become an attractive proposition for other Premier clubs but perhaps that risk is secondary to our survival ?
    True, although if we wanted to kick on next season, we need him to stay. One less good player we'd need to buy and bed in. If they think they can get a right back, Camarasa and a centre mid in buy the end of the window, plus Sala; I'd be a very happy man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    True, although if we wanted to kick on next season, we need him to stay. One less good player we'd need to buy and bed in. If they think they can get a right back, Camarasa and a centre mid in buy the end of the window, plus Sala; I'd be a very happy man.
    Me too

Do not think this would be a wise signing. We have other pressing issues and not much of a budget.

I can't imagine why he'd want to sign permanently for us to be honest, he's constantly looking for a pass that doesn't exist because no one's in the position to receive it

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I can't imagine why he'd want to sign permanently for us to be honest, he's constantly looking for a pass that doesn't exist because no one's in the position to receive it
    He’s not perfect either though, so may appreciate the chance, the team spirit and the opportunity to play. Who knows? I agree however that it is in neither sides interest to sign him at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    He’s not perfect either though, so may appreciate the chance, the team spirit and the opportunity to play. Who knows? I agree however that it is in neither sides interest to sign him at the moment.
    No that's true and he's never going to play for a top 4 club, I think he'd look better a better player in a Watford type team though